Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Time to get villani on the strength and conditioning staff!!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1,154

Time to get villani on the strength and conditioning staff!!

Feb 23, 2015, 10:03 AM

He mad Beastly super human in a short amount of time, although he is probably making more with his business than he would at Clemson.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In all fairness

Feb 23, 2015, 10:16 AM

Concentrating on just a few clients as apposed to dealing with an entire team is a big difference, secondly Beasley had a good foundation to build upon. Now if Tavaris Barnes would have put up numbers like this after training with this guy that would be a different story. The trainer is really good a what he does but look a what Cole Stout and the improvements he made when he was given more personal instruction and attention

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: In all fairness

Feb 23, 2015, 10:26 AM

I would agree with you if Villani was concentrating on a few clients. He has clients from many colleges and NFL teams. If you walk into his facility during combine prep or NFL off season, it is absolutely packed. This is not a one on one training.

Feb 23, 2015, 10:31 AM [ in reply to In all fairness ]

Just to show its not just Beasley. These are speed results from the combine this year so far from guys training with Villani: #1 RB, #1 WR, #3 QB, Anthony was #2 LB (guy ahead of him was 227 lbs - Steph is 243). Combine is still going on but so far today: #1 S and #2 DB.
And that is just this year. Pretty sick results.

Feb 23, 2015, 3:37 PM [ in reply to In all fairness ]

Tavaris Barnes trained at TNT prior to the combine, right here in Anderson, SC. And Cole Stoudt was always coached, it was just a priority to give him extra attention Bc of his struggles and it being his last game. In reality, you can't afford to single out everybody you have to teach and coach what you know works in that short period of time with that many players

Re: Time to get villani on the strength and conditioning staff!!

Feb 23, 2015, 10:21 AM

When Beasley started working out with Villani: 4.68 and 232 lbs. bench 29 reps and 33 inch vert. After training with Villani: 4.53 and 246 lbs. bench 35 reps and vert over 40 inches.
Stephone Anthony trained with him also and had an amazing combine. I believe Villani has always expressed an interest to help out at Clemson. He loves Clemson.

Top notch trainer working with top notch talent

Feb 23, 2015, 10:43 AM

I understand that he is an awesome trainer, but it isn't like he was trying to turn chop liver into a fillet. My point is the concentration Vic was able to put on making gains and Vic's drive and attention was certainly laser focused on the task at hand, quite a bit different scenario than going through life as a student athlete. You make some good points, not disagreeing with the fact that Vallani is an amazing trainer with a very specific workout routine designed to get huge results.

Re: Top notch trainer working with top notch talent

Feb 23, 2015, 10:54 AM

That is a good point. He does completely different training for combine prep than he does for NFL off season. And the combine prep training is focused on improving areas that will be tested during the combine. And I'm not suggesting we fire anyone or anything like that. But I do know that Villani's loyalty is to Clemson and he is a resource I think the school could tap into. He'd probably volunteer. I know he brings in people with Bill Parcells and Chris Carter to speak to his combine athletes.

You know Villani went to Clemson

Feb 23, 2015, 2:37 PM

I'm not sure if he's a graduate though. Bio on his website says that he "...started his education at Clemson"

http://xpesports.com/index.php/site/trainer/21/

Re: You know Villani went to Clemson

Feb 23, 2015, 3:36 PM

Yes, he's a Clemson graduate. I graduated with him in 96. He went on to get his masters at George Washington. That's why it says started his education at Clemson.

Loved his group Millani Villani? ****

Feb 23, 2015, 1:44 PM

Must be Italian!***

Feb 23, 2015, 2:55 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Time to get villani on the strength and conditioning staff!!

Feb 23, 2015, 3:36 PM

Don't think he really wants to take a significant pay cut to come up to Clemson and handle S&C. Just sayin'. He's a very well respected trainer nationally.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1,154
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic