Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: Two Tigers listed on McShay's Top 5 overall prospects for 2019
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

TNET: Two Tigers listed on McShay's Top 5 overall prospects for 2019

Dec 13, 2018, 12:56 PM

Two Tigers listed on McShay's Top 5 overall prospects for 2019

ESPN's draft analyst Todd McShay released his 2019 Top 32 prospects and had three Clemson defensive linemen in the top 19 overall choices. Defensive end Clelin Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Two Tigers listed on McShay's Top 5 overall prospects for 2019

Dec 13, 2018, 1:03 PM

I'll be surprised if any of those 3 make it past 15. Wilkins is being projected outside the top 10 by a lot of "experts". I just find it hard to believe with his personality and ridiculous athletic ability, that someone won't pick him up pretty early on.

Will be interesting to see how these 3 (and Bryant, and Huggins) perform at the combine compared to their colleagues.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: Two Tigers listed on McShay's Top 5 overall prospects for 2019

Dec 13, 2018, 5:44 PM

Yeah I’m just surprised that what he means for our defensive front isn’t translating to the draft boards... oh wait... Deshaun-Watson...

McShay is not sold on Watson as a first round talent, but he thinks Watson’s intangibles coupled with “intriguing physical tools” will help him in the pre-draft process.

We don't have a first-round grade on Watson because of his inconsistent accuracy and decision-making (30 INTs the past two seasons). But his outstanding leadership skills and intangibles will help him during pre-draft meetings with teams, and he does have intriguing physical tools, including a good arm and athleticism. Kyle Shanahan's offense would be a good fit for Watson -- or UNC's Mitch Trubisky, who I thought about putting here. Shanahan has had success with mobile QBs in the past...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love two of these picks

Dec 13, 2018, 2:44 PM

Big Dex to the Falcons makes a ton of sense - both from the standpoint of on and off the field help for the Falcons.

I also love the idea of Christian Wilkins to the Colts. Indy fans would love the personality that Wilkins has. Could definitely see him fitting in the culture and schemes there. This is coming from a former Indy resident and Colts fan.

Unfortunately for the Colts, I think Wilkins is going to blow some people away at the Combines (both from personality and athletic standpoint) and they may have to move up to get him.

I'd love if both Ferrell and Big Dex went in the top 5, but I'm not sure I see that happening. I do expect us to have two in the top 10 and 3 in the top 15-20, though.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic