Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Intense Reed ready to erase the question mark
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Intense Reed ready to erase the question mark

Jul 31, 2013, 11:39 AM

Intense Reed ready to erase the question mark

New secondary coach Mike Reed knows that Clemson's secondary is the big question mark heading into the season, but he also believes he has the talent on hand to erase that question mark. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love this guy more and more everytime I hear him.

Jul 31, 2013, 11:46 AM

Can't wait to see what he produces.

He's been given a very good situation to walk into

Jul 31, 2013, 11:48 AM

He's got a wealth of experienced talent coming back and a ludicrous amount of young and hungry talent pushing for PT.

I agree....

Jul 31, 2013, 11:55 AM [ in reply to Love this guy more and more everytime I hear him. ]

Kind of reminds me of last year when the D line was the question mark, and they took up the challenge and stepped up

I can see the secondary being much improved this season!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good follow up to my pass D question

Jul 31, 2013, 11:57 AM

Good to hear the whole team is challenging the D to step it up and that the players are taking a lot of the initiative themselves. There couldn't be any more challenging a test than UGA to start with. Prove all that energy and commitment pays off and I'm a believer for the whole season.

OK - we were 71st in pass defense . . . care to guess where

Jul 31, 2013, 12:02 PM

the woofpuppies were ?

83rd.

Not hacking - just thought it was curious the article didn't mention that along with our ranking. Now I know why.

I understand there is a LOT more to pass defense than the defensive backfield, but just thought it was curious how it was worded / avoided in the article.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Great point.

Jul 31, 2013, 12:05 PM

If NCST and Clemson were on the same plain as far as talent is concerned...

But what if sprinkles were added . . . or some other sumthin

Jul 31, 2013, 12:38 PM

to gussy them up a little . . . you know - not quite so plain.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Re: OK - we were 71st in pass defense . . . care to guess where

Jul 31, 2013, 12:26 PM [ in reply to OK - we were 71st in pass defense . . . care to guess where ]

And the wolf puppies don't recruit as well as Clemson does. That is one of the main reasons that coach Reed came to Clemson, Talent, talent that will make his name well known. If you or anybody else have read or heard his interviews. He has stated that most good recruits he tried to recruit at NCST, they ended up at Clemson. Give the man credit, he knew where he could make his self better known. Gooooo Reeeeeeed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Totally agree . . . I hope he is WILDLY successful and has

Jul 31, 2013, 12:36 PM

us in the top 10 of pass defense !

Jul 31, 2013, 1:22 PM [ in reply to OK - we were 71st in pass defense . . . care to guess where ]

O'Brien wasn't near the recruiter that Dabo is. The Woofies suffered from LOFT - Lack Of Freakin Talent (sorta like my golf game). They had some talented guys but they weren't 2 deep.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Jul 31, 2013, 7:59 PM [ in reply to OK - we were 71st in pass defense . . . care to guess where ]

Wolfpuppies also had a dude that had the most INTs in the conference. Coached by Reed.

Might not have watched a lot of film

Jul 31, 2013, 12:15 PM

But I bet he took notice of our group being burned by one player several times last year by NC State

The more I hear the name...

Jul 31, 2013, 1:12 PM

Travis Blanks....the happier I get!!

When all is said and done, I truly believe THAT young man will end up in the Clemson ROH.

And I just really curious to know who the "different cat" is doing those 10:30 PM drills???

There is your leader!!

Get it done Coach!!

Go Tigers!!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The more I hear the name...

Jul 31, 2013, 1:38 PM

Most likely Mackenzie Alexander is that cat

Re: Front Page Story: Intense Reed ready to erase the question mark

Jul 31, 2013, 1:47 PM

I was totally disappointed in the fact that he preferred to NOT watch film of the returning players - just be be unbiased in his opinion of them. I would have reviewed a ton of film and looked for ways to make those returning guys even better. Major mistake IMO. Let's hope I'm wrong. I'm also disappointed that Dabo accepts this as a preferred method.

It had better work - 'nuff said.

I'm sure he has enough exp to eval them in person***

Jul 31, 2013, 8:01 PM

Re: Front Page Story: Intense Reed ready to erase the question mark

Aug 1, 2013, 10:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Front Page Story: Intense Reed ready to erase the question mark ]

If he can't evaluate where everybody is during practice, we should send him back to NC State right now. He has plenty of time to evaluate the guys during camp.

More importantly though, what film is he going to look at? Half of last year's secondary graduated and half that stayed are going to be in a new position.

Practically speaking, it doesn't make a lot of sense to spend a lot of time looking at tape from two years ago to evaluate guys that are coming off of injury or last year to see how they did against high school talent.

...and then, there is the chance that he he has watched plenty of film and is just saying that to keep the troops hungry and working hard.

Sucks we won't see him on the sidelines, but I am liking

Jul 31, 2013, 2:25 PM

Coach Reed more and more. I'm anxious to his unit perform come Aug 31st!

Re: Sucks we won't see him on the sidelines, but I am liking

Jul 31, 2013, 2:26 PM

*I'm anxious to see*

sorry, I'm so excited I'm leaving out words! haha

That "guy" running drills at 10:30...M.Alexander?***

Jul 31, 2013, 3:04 PM

Reed' last year at NCSU

Jul 31, 2013, 4:53 PM

Their secondary was horrible and it was not due to lack of talent. They had CB D.Amerson 2nd round pick and FS E. Wolff 5th round pick. Tenn., UNC, Miami, and CU threw for a combined 1700-yards on them. They repeatedly and disturbingly got beat deep and on double moves. The last minute TD's they gave up against Miami and UNC cost them 2 victories and were inexcusable. I will be interested how he does at CU. Please note the 2011 NCSU secondary was very good. It could be the pass rush in 2012 was bad, the players stopped listening, or just had a bad year and played selfishly but I will take a wait and see attitude on Reed

This is pretty much how I feel too

Jul 31, 2013, 11:58 PM

Dabo has made some good hires though, so I'll trust his judgement.

Didn't they lead the NCAA in INTs the year before though?***

Aug 1, 2013, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Reed' last year at NCSU ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well with Meeks and Hall gone

Aug 1, 2013, 8:47 AM

It might be addition by subtraction.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic