Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Front Page Story: Watson: "There is nothing like Clemson for me"
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Front Page Story: Watson: "There is nothing like Clemson for me"

Apr 15, 2013, 11:00 PM

Watson: "There is nothing like Clemson for me"

2014 five star quarterback prospect and Clemson commit Deshaun Watson was back in Clemson for the spring game. What did he have to say about taking other trips this summer? What did Watson's mother have to say about Clemson? And what did Watson say about his commitment if Chad Morris left Clemson? Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Im not worried.

Apr 15, 2013, 11:26 PM

He is a top notch kid with a great mother and family he is a Clemson guy no doubt. Go Tigers!

Just wondering...

Apr 15, 2013, 11:31 PM

If what he says is true and he asks Morris for permission before making a recruiting visit, why would Morris agree to let him go? To me, that seems risky.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Gamecocks aren’t ready to take college football by storm just yet. They’re not even ready to compete in their own state – Clemson will still own the territory. Gamecocks fans would be smart to keep their heads buried until that time. Avoid talking trash to a much better Clemson program.” -Dustin Tackett

Trust and respect

Apr 15, 2013, 11:54 PM

It shows he trust Watson and also respects him. If he tried to stop him from going to other schools that would suggest that either he didn't think Watson would make a good decision and stick with Clemson or that he didn't feel Clemson was the best school for Watson and was threatened by other schools.

We don't own this kid and its certainly within his rights to look at other schools. He sounds about as solid as it gets towards Clemson. He loves Clemson and more importantly MOM loves Clemson.

Re: Just wondering...

Apr 16, 2013, 7:12 AM [ in reply to Just wondering... ]

Once you've been to Clemson, I don't think anyone else has anything to offer. That is, if you are going to a school to grow on the field and in life as a person. That's why Coach Morris doesn't stop the visits. There are no schools that offer the family environment that Clemson offers. IMHO

Morris probably trusts that he is solid...and just wants

Apr 16, 2013, 9:45 AM [ in reply to Just wondering... ]

to go party, get the royal treatment and enjoy himself.

because if you tell the kid no

Apr 16, 2013, 10:07 AM [ in reply to Just wondering... ]

then you look like a jerk, and who wants to play for a jerk?

Then Dabo has repeatedly been a jerk!!!***

Apr 16, 2013, 6:24 PM

There is a difference here. Watson would have a

Apr 16, 2013, 8:37 PM

scholarship waiting on him regardless if we had signed 15 other QB's. Some other recruits are interchangeable and the first to commit gets the spot. We then have to tell other kids we are no longer recruiting them even though they are good prospects and many are 4 stars. So they don't necessarily have a space saved for them like Watson.

You have to let him enjoy the recruitment process

Apr 16, 2013, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Just wondering... ]

. . .how would you feel if someone told you that you couldn't take a trip to Oregon because I'm scared you're going to commit? You would probably go anyway and be more inclined to commit. Fact is, if they don't want to be at Clemson 100% then their not doing themselves or anyone else any favors so you might has well let them "see the world" and then they know they may the right decision.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, Very Excited. Very, Very Proud.

Re: Just wondering...

Apr 15, 2013, 11:38 PM

If someone truly loves you, you can let them go and they will come back.

Love means never having to say you're sorry*

Apr 16, 2013, 8:21 AM

nm

Re: Love means never having to say you're sorry*

May 10, 2013, 9:36 PM

Love means, if we don't trust each other. Our love was born on a death bed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Front Page Story: Watson: "There is nothing like Clemson for me"

Apr 15, 2013, 11:40 PM

Lol Tiger6060, that was classic!

How great it is to see a committment keep his word!!!

Apr 15, 2013, 11:50 PM

He is going to be a great young QB & student at Clemson.

Go TiGERs & Mr. Watson!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keeping Watson ALL IN....

Apr 16, 2013, 5:54 AM

Is a must!!!

And his Mother!! 8-)

you are right DeShaun! We ARE a CLEMSON family and you're

Apr 16, 2013, 6:17 AM

part of it! I can't wait to see you run down The Hill!

We have three things going for us:

Apr 16, 2013, 7:55 AM

(even if Chad leaves)
1) He's been committed to us for a long time.
2) His mom likes us (see RK).
3) We should be coming off our third straight double digit win season.

Re: We have three things going for us:

Apr 16, 2013, 8:20 AM

I hope he sticks with his committment I think it will be a grind until the end. Hopefully he truly loves Clemson because the other schools will come hard after Morris. This will be one to watch. Question for all will we take 1 or 2 QB's this cycle.

Re: We have three things going for us:

May 10, 2013, 9:47 PM

Is it the Morris thing that worries the worriers the most. Or is it the Kem Ditch She and Mother DaBitch scam still to fresh on your minds....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That Auburn visit concerns me.

Apr 16, 2013, 10:42 AM

Dead presidents tend to get thrown kids way when they visit Auburn. I hope they can convince him not to visit there.

Benjamin Franklin was never president

Apr 16, 2013, 10:48 AM

and I'm pretty sure he's the one getting thrown :)

Re: That Auburn visit concerns me.

May 10, 2013, 9:54 PM [ in reply to That Auburn visit concerns me. ]

Well he has said that he is done with the recruiting and is 100% committed to Clemson. If he sticks to that decision, then a visit to AuBum is out.

Apr 16, 2013, 11:14 AM

He needs to enjoy recruiting process but at the same time takin other visits makes you wonder about his actual loyalty. Actions speak louder than words.....

Apr 16, 2013, 11:18 AM

Who would honestly turn down 5 opportunities to have an all expenses paid trip to the college campuses of your choice, be treated like a king there, and party with their coeds?

For those of you who say you would turn it down, would you have turned it down when you were 18?

Apr 16, 2013, 11:58 AM

How true. If I was a 5-star QB, even if I was 100% sold on a school, no way I am not taking all my trips. That's a once in a lifetime thing.

Razorback

Apr 16, 2013, 11:34 AM

How's yalls team this year adter changeing systems? and a follow up yall gonna beat the lamecocks right? That power running game mixed with the kind of kids yall can get down in Ark should be successful.

Apr 16, 2013, 11:57 AM

if he's taking all 5 official visits, he's far from a 100% commitment. I expect it will all come down to the season Clemson has and whether Chad stays. and if Clemson has a good season, Chad's stock rises and it will be hard to keep him. if Clemson stalls, Chad may not be the darling anymore. Malzahn and Urban Meyer will have a lot to sell, but I'd rather be in lead than having to play catch up. I just hope the coaches don't waste a lot of resources if they find the kid is playing Clemson until something better comes along. (a la Nkemdiche). Dabo should have smelled that turd months earlier.

I really hope he stays committed, but my gut says some

Apr 16, 2013, 12:20 PM

$EC school comes in and steals him away.

"$how me the money!!!"

Re: I really hope he stays committed, but my gut says some

Apr 16, 2013, 4:54 PM

sure you do Chicken boy.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: I really hope he stays committed, but my gut says some

May 10, 2013, 10:19 PM [ in reply to I really hope he stays committed, but my gut says some ]

There has been nothing this kid has done to date that make's me think that Watson is another Kem Ditch She. So unless we move to the SEC and I doubt that will ever happen. I'm believing that Watson will be in the ACC, and a Clemson Tiger on signing day. I also believe that Watson's percentage of being a Clemson Tiger is a lot higher than your pulse.;)

What would truly be amazing is...

Apr 16, 2013, 1:04 PM

If he wore a wire on his trips to other schools and ratted out the Auburns of the world that try to offer him $$$ in exchange for coming there.

IF I were Dabo (and of course I'm not).....

Apr 16, 2013, 2:54 PM

I'd be OK with him taking a couple visits, but Auburn would NOT be one of them!

2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: because if you tell the kid no

Apr 16, 2013, 3:16 PM

Exactly!!

Re: IF I were Dabo (and of course I'm not).....

Apr 16, 2013, 3:18 PM

THE Smartest reply to an OP^^I have seen all week!!

Has Dabo threatened to pull the offer if he does? Clearly

Apr 16, 2013, 6:27 PM

that policy has been ditched or Dabo only pulls it with 3 star or less players.

I think there's still a lot of confusion as to what exactly

Apr 16, 2013, 9:19 PM

Dabo's policy is. I've heard a few variations of this 'policy,' one of which is if a committed recruit so much as visits another school, his scholarship will be pulled. Another is he simply has to tell the coaches ahead of time of his plans, otherwise he will be considered being dishonest and his scholly will be pulled. I don't know exactly what Dabo's policy is, but whatever it is, it appears to be working for the most part...

Re: Has Dabo threatened to pull the offer if he does? Clearly

May 10, 2013, 10:40 PM [ in reply to Has Dabo threatened to pull the offer if he does? Clearly ]

Dabo don't take scholarships and throw kids under the bus b/c they couldn't make First or second string on the depth chart. Spurrier doing crap like that is the true definition of PATHETIC!!!

Man! Sure hope we don't blow it with this kid.

Apr 16, 2013, 8:42 PM

Tajh's air apparent?

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic