Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
1994....what a time to be alive.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 638

1994....what a time to be alive.

Jul 22, 2019, 9:07 AM

Just look at this issue. For 8 bucks you saw Lay Quiet Awhile, Sunbrain, Archers of Loaf, 6 String Drag, and STERLING® in Dreamclock.

If that's not enough, Spider Monkey, the Drovers, and The Connells were coming to town and a little known act named Dave Matthews was going to play the softball field with a Gravitron and a bounce house and 50 kegs for $5.

https://tigerprints.clemson.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=https://www.google.com/&httpsredir=1&article=3049&context=tiger_newspaper

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 1994....what a time to be alive.

Jul 22, 2019, 9:10 AM

I started dating my ex wife Or maybe that was '93. Doesn't matter had seches

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't matter had kids.***

Jul 22, 2019, 9:25 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doesn't matter got divorced***

Jul 22, 2019, 12:46 PM

Got to Clemson that fall.

Jul 22, 2019, 9:13 AM

Great time to be alive. Sucky time for Clemson football though. So glad I was a student at that time. I probably cared less about Clemson football as a student than before or after.

Still, ideally I would have rather been a student early to mid 80's if I had to pick. You could smoke, drink, and sit on the ledges of Johnstone with a sixer of Bud, a pack of Camels, and a jam box.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I can confirm

Jul 22, 2019, 10:20 AM

80-85 was a wonderful time to be at Clemson

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-cu85tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” Isaac Asimov
Panta Rhei Heraclitus

Re: Got to Clemson that fall.

Jul 22, 2019, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Got to Clemson that fall. ]

94 was My first year there as well. Football was not good but still enjoyed every minute of every game. Basketball was heading toward something respectable for a brief moment in time. Had the student access to the Panthers first season coming up (that was a fun one). Was a good time to be there.

I wish I had discovered Archers a few years earlier.

Jul 22, 2019, 9:24 AM

I missed out on some great shows.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First time I saw Spider Monkey was at TD's

Jul 22, 2019, 9:55 AM

Another band that I still listen to their music 25 years later

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Missed out on that by a year

Jul 22, 2019, 9:59 AM

Remember seeing Spider Monkey at the old Armory. And Cravin’ Melon playing shows in the Ampitheater.

And Cornbread. Or at least I think that was their name then. They played the Armory a couple times back then.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

CM played the amphitheater?

Jul 22, 2019, 10:02 AM

And Cornbread played the Armory? How did i miss these shows? I still have a Cornbread (State of Disorder actually) CD...somewhere. It's one of the 10 or so I didn't throw out a few years back.

Those guys were fun.

Jul 22, 2019, 10:53 AM

My girlfriend was friends with the guitar player's superhot girlfriend, so we hung out with them some. Never got to see her naked. Or him, for that matter. His hair was dreamy.

CM played 1 free concert there in Spring 96

Jul 22, 2019, 2:53 PM [ in reply to CM played the amphitheater? ]

My buddies & I thought it’d be great if we put out beer in ginger ale bottles. Yeah, not our brightest ideas. Cornbread I think played a frat party at the Armory the one time I saw them there.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Saw the Connells at either the Miller or Imperial

Jul 22, 2019, 10:12 AM

Theater in Augusta in 93.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Connells were at the Fillmore in Charlotte a few weeks

Jul 22, 2019, 11:48 AM

back.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

check this out

Jul 22, 2019, 10:24 AM

I didn't go to this, little before my time. I bet someone on here did though....

I did see him for $5 once though, in the early 80's.

Sterling!!! Aint heard dat phuqquers name in years!

Jul 22, 2019, 10:31 AM

Dass goin way back yo.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

6 string drag have been around forever

Jul 22, 2019, 10:47 AM

I saw them recently, no idea on who has changed in the band

The Drovers too, hopefully they will be at Spitoono this year

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

I see them at least a couple of times a year.

Jul 22, 2019, 11:48 AM

6 String Drag has pretty much always been Kenny Roby and Rob Keller...Dan the drummer and Luis the guitarist (GREAT chops) have been with the band for a while but aren't original.

True Fact: I booked Rob Keller's band at Quarters back when he first started at Clemson. He and Kenny are Clemson natives, by the way.

Haven't seen The Drovers in years, but I do chat with Ed Campbell on Facebook from time to time. Last time I saw Ed he was playing at one of the Rough Mix reunions.

Ole Charlie played at least one gig with him.***

Jul 22, 2019, 11:58 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Which of Rob's bands?

Jul 22, 2019, 2:57 PM [ in reply to I see them at least a couple of times a year. ]

I don't believe he ever attended Clemson. He was playing in bands beginning in High School. He did own the record store in Victoria Square, I believe it was called Spinning Mule.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I cannot remember what the name of the band was right now.

Jul 22, 2019, 3:37 PM

The first time I saw them in Charlotte we were chatting and he's the one that realized I had booked them. But I could swear that he told me he was going to Clemson at the time. I'm going to have to clear the cobwebs on that next time I see him.

Probably Sleestaks.***

Jul 22, 2019, 3:42 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He may have attended Clemson...

Jul 22, 2019, 3:48 PM [ in reply to I cannot remember what the name of the band was right now. ]

but he was rather dedicated to music before he even graduated HS. It was clear that was his calling.

Rob was in the Drovers and Ed was in 6 String Drag.

Jul 22, 2019, 3:03 PM [ in reply to I see them at least a couple of times a year. ]

At times.

I knew Ed had done time in 6 String Drag but not sure I knew

Jul 22, 2019, 3:37 PM

Rob had played with The Drovers.

Love me some Lay Quiet Awhile.....Sourwood Honey played

Jul 22, 2019, 12:00 PM

at Backstreets a few times as well.

Saw Sourwood there at least once.***

Jul 22, 2019, 12:16 PM

Replies: 27
| visibility 638
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic