Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: WATCH: Swinney's interview with infamous "lugubrious" CBS analyst
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

FB Update: WATCH: Swinney's interview with infamous "lugubrious" CBS analyst

Oct 6, 2015, 11:10 PM

WATCH: Swinney's interview with infamous "lugubrious" CBS analyst

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DaBO gave a Fantastic interview with "lugubrious" CBS analyst! ??

Oct 6, 2015, 11:20 PM

He's a winner in many ways. Go??TiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: DaBO gave a Fantastic interview with "lugubrious" CBS analyst! ??

Oct 7, 2015, 2:19 PM

I am often reminded in his interviews that at one point Dabo earned a living as a salesman. He speaks well even if he doesn't use words like lugubrious when doing so. He was able to make a point while doing so with humor as opposed to some tirade about Clemson being "disrespected."

I wonder if they other guys with CBS that predicted a BIG Notre Dame win have acknowledged they were W-R-O-N-G!

Re: So, where did they get those hills

Oct 7, 2015, 8:47 PM [ in reply to DaBO gave a Fantastic interview with "lugubrious" CBS analyst! ?? ]

In the background of the West End zone? Last time I checked there was a lake back there. WEZ looks great btw.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Swinney's interview with infamous "lugubrious" CBS analyst

Oct 6, 2015, 11:28 PM

Dabo is best thing to happen to Clemson athletics besides the 1981 National Championship.

Agreed! When they mad him the interim coach, I said at

Oct 6, 2015, 11:40 PM

that time (God is my witness) that he is exactly the right coach for this team. I loved his biography. He was a self made man. He struggled and persevered and became a great success. He knew hardship. He was humble. But he was also positive and grateful. Never negative, but passionate about succeeding!

I knew from day 1 by God! I heard Aaron Kelly talk about how great Dabo was well before Tommy Bowden ever was on the hot seat. Jacoby Ford too.

And everytime I hear him say exactly what I am thinking both after a game and in these press conferences, it makes my heart swell with pride. He is the epitome of Tiger nation DNA! Sometimes, even my eyes sweat a little from the pride he projects.

Just wow!

did you hear his kid call in to Tiger Calls Monday night?

Oct 7, 2015, 8:20 AM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: WATCH: Swinney's interview with infamous "lugubrious" CBS analyst ]

Dabo's son Clay calls in (disguised as "Jeff") and asked Dabo if that was the fastest he had ever run down The Hill. Also asked when Jim Brown (long snapper) was gonna score a Touchdown.

Dabo finally figured it out that it was his own boy trolling him. Pretty hilarious.

What a Bawse. Fears no man. Yet humble beyond comprehension and approachable to even

Oct 6, 2015, 11:41 PM

his enemy, who he's already forgiven.

Could've easily hurled insults, called out amd made fools of these amatuer tv analysts, but took the high road instead.

Christian. Class. Gentleman. Powerful yet Humble (credits everyone but himself and has been through the deepest of valleys so he can now cateri to, and inspire players in depths he's already overcome with great success).

Yep. You are exactly correct!***

Oct 6, 2015, 11:44 PM

He knocked it out of the park again!

Oct 6, 2015, 11:43 PM

How does he know how to say almost exactly what I would have said and take the tact I would have taken? It is scary good.

Gotta love Dabo***

Oct 6, 2015, 11:44 PM

I see Aaron Taylor's problem.

Oct 7, 2015, 5:05 AM

Notice the Coot flag and helmet behind him.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: FB Update: WATCH: Swinney's interview with infamous "lugubrious" CBS analyst

Oct 7, 2015, 5:51 AM

Did Randy Cross run his mouth about how he thinks we lose 2 more games?

Oct 7, 2015, 6:26 AM

No, but he did bring up Clemsoning. The others shot him down quick. LOL

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love, love LOVE our guy. Amazing. Go CDS !!!!***

Oct 7, 2015, 6:48 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

That was awesome!

Oct 7, 2015, 8:02 AM

lol lol

Oct 7, 2015, 8:09 AM

Dabo knows how to work a room. I bet the kids write his jokes though.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 7, 2015, 8:31 AM

"Smartest state. 4-A's and a B". Still laughing coach!!

What a way to start the day - DABO - DA MAN!***

Oct 7, 2015, 10:07 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aaron Taylor and Dabo were Good Sports about this..

Oct 7, 2015, 10:26 AM

Aaron manned-up and took his medicine and he and Dabo had good fun with it

Well played by both

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Exactly my thoughts. Good fun. Good PR for CU & recruiting.***

Oct 7, 2015, 11:36 AM

Re: Aaron Taylor and Dabo were Good Sports about this..

Oct 7, 2015, 2:22 PM [ in reply to Aaron Taylor and Dabo were Good Sports about this.. ]

Yes. I wonder about the other guys with CBS. Did they admit they were WRONG! :D

"Lugubrious" was the word of the day on

Oct 7, 2015, 11:47 AM

the Bill O'Reilly show last night!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Re: "Lugubrious" was the word of the day on

Oct 7, 2015, 12:53 PM

Sure don't see many Dabo doubters any more. This Man is exactly what you hope for if your son plays college football....Best of luck to all Tiger Fans and to those who are suffering from the massive flooding .

Re: "Lugubrious" was the word of the day on

Oct 7, 2015, 2:23 PM [ in reply to "Lugubrious" was the word of the day on ]

> the Bill O'Reilly show last night!

Now that is funny. I wish I had seen that.

Re: Randy Cross

Oct 7, 2015, 1:46 PM

I didn't mind A-Aron's comments as much as Randy Cross's poor attempt at sports talk.
He may be a Super Bowl champion but, you must not need a brain to win Super Bowls.
What a schmuck!! I don't have twitter, I hope the rest of you light him up!!!

They should not use big words like that***

Oct 7, 2015, 2:25 PM

And this is what separates Dabo from so many other...

Oct 7, 2015, 8:03 PM

...successful college coaches. He could have easily came into that interview with a chip on his shoulder, and a "how do you like us now?" attitude after what that entire CBS analyst crew had to say about our team prior to the game. They showed us no respect and predicted a steamroll. They were in fact pretty much dismissive of our program like we would just be a little rut in the Irish road to Nirvana.

But he tackled it with grace and wit, a personable smile, and friendly rapport. Yet, at the same time, he took a big subtle stick out and broke it in Aaron Taylor's backside while Mr. Taylor laughed and ate his crow. All the while complementing the CBS crew and the Irish like a gentleman. Loved it!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic