Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Love how all the conservatarian snowflakes
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 426

Love how all the conservatarian snowflakes

Jun 26, 2019, 9:44 AM

are bitching about how a successful private company runs it's internet services business in A FREE MARKET.

The irony is rich. Google would not have grown to it's massive size without helpful push back from every conservatarian out there about the evils of big-government anti-trust legislation, which happened to allow Google and Facebook to acquire the competitors and innovators they both used to build their powerful empires.

Now look at the reactions. I thought this is what all you Randians wanted. Oops. Cryin' to their momma about the big bad private company. Boo hoo.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it is a really simple solution for conservatives,

Jun 26, 2019, 9:49 AM

they need to start using Bing and Friendster instead of google and facebook. The power of the Free market can decide which social media platforms fail, and which succeed.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice try. You'd have a point if it was an MSNBC hit piece.

Jun 26, 2019, 9:50 AM

Our markets are no more free than our press or our speech.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So now we need the anti-trust

Jun 26, 2019, 10:05 AM

laws to be enforced? How convenient.

i would normally try to have a discussion on this

Jun 26, 2019, 10:29 AM

but without any logic or reason, it's a total waste.

I'll leave it as this. google can affect, or in your language hack and collude, and election more than all the tv news, newspapers, and every other website combined. All the while with zero accountability, transparency and all the while hiding the fact they are doing this. It is in essence tricking everyone in the world to think a certain way b/c they have no idea what is really happening to them. It is social engineering without the end user knowing it.

Flame away with your craziness I'm sure. I don't have time to waste on irrational responses today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^^typical "conservatarian" response ^^^^***

Jun 26, 2019, 10:39 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I honestly agree with you about Google's influence

Jun 26, 2019, 11:00 AM [ in reply to i would normally try to have a discussion on this ]

and how they have created a powerful synchronicity machine. The issue is how we got here.

Anti-trust was put in place a long, long time ago to prevent the kind of monopoly power that Google has acquired. We broke up AT&T because we cared about this kind of concentration of power. Since then, as a nation, we have chosen not to enforce these laws, so maybe we should look in the mirror. We should be arguing about whether or not monopoly power is still a thing we oppose.

Randian ideology about small government, less regulation, seems to be what is driving the current train, so until we have a reasonable conversation about what kind of government interventions such as anti-trust are necessary, you are right, it would be a total waste.

The chickens have come home to roost.

well, that was a reasoned response

Jun 26, 2019, 11:10 AM

I'm against anti-trust for the reason of them trying to single handily elect the President THEY want.
But I do think they have gotten too big and probably need to split them up regardless. But not for this reason.

But on them trying to manipulate elections, something does need to be done. Not sure what, but no one company should have THAT much power to effect an election. They are a private company but google has become something that drives everything now. People who study this need to come up with some type of solution for this. But i do believe we can't let them have this much power.

People lambast companies giving money to politicians. This is that times one billion. And all for one side of the political spectrum.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Love how all the conservatarian snowflakes

Jun 26, 2019, 10:47 AM

I have the confuse so maybe post a link as I must have missed it. Far as I know it is Warren wanting to break them up, she is not a beacon of conservatism now is she? Must have missed that too.

video of Jen Gennai, Google Exec

Jun 26, 2019, 11:23 AM

has stirred up the usual over-reactions.

What is at question:

Is Google trying to influence 2020 election and should they be regulated?

You also nailed the Irony Part II, which is how the liberal Elizabeth Warren will rescue the conservatives by dismembering Google.

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/It-appears-OKeefe-strikes-again-1909201?tstart=0

Re: video of Jen Gennai, Google Exec

Jun 26, 2019, 11:57 AM

Ah so, I see now. Funny thing is by rephrasing search one can easily get a different set of returned top articles. Do it all the time, also not forgetting to skip a few pages to come to not top selected returns helps. All media is biased, accept it and come up with workarounds. To think that one is gonna regulate bias out of the world is simply foolish. Thanks for the clarity as to the post.

Replies: 10
| visibility 426
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic