Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Boyd discusses Watson and the backup quarterbacks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,319

FB Update: Boyd discusses Watson and the backup quarterbacks

Aug 9, 2016, 9:26 AM

Boyd discusses Watson and the backup quarterbacks

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Boyd discusses Watson and the backup quarterbacks

Aug 9, 2016, 10:11 AM

Agreed about Cooper! All this talke about Johnson but he won't see the field untill Cooper is gone IMO.

Aug 9, 2016, 12:51 PM

Every body is entitled to their opinion about certain players and I don't think that mine is any better than yours or any body else's. But IMO, Hunter will come in and it will be something close to what it was when DW4 came on the scene. Once he has a spring and summer of workouts, he will put pressure on who ever is our starter and will start out with some snaps in live games and progress as the starter. Maybe not as fast as DW4 did, but he will, and Cooper will end up being the backup to Hunter before Z Coop leaves school. IMO also, Hunter has that it factor with his touch of laying the ball right into the receiver's hands. I think that Hunter is also a much better passer but can run the ball if he has to. Like I've said, just my opinion....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 9, 2016, 7:49 PM

I agree that Hunter definitely has the talent, but DW4 was a once in a decade player coming in, and he burst onto the scene behind a very average QB in Stoudt. Just my opinion as well, but there won't be that much of a discrepancy between Cooper and Johnson, especially with Cooper having a leg up on Johnson in many ways by next summer. If anything, the ultra-talented Hunter will only push Zerrick and company much harder to create some competitive depth. Who knows, Bryant may develop into that guy by next summer. But ultimately, whomever wins the job next camp will be hard to unseat for the rest of their career at Clemson. Once the staff puts their trust in a guy they typically let them ride it out. Again, just my 2 cents though.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Love Tajh Boyd. Changed Clemson forever

Aug 9, 2016, 12:08 PM

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,319
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic