Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Schedule nuggets
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 1,198

Schedule nuggets

Jan 11, 2013, 12:13 PM

Just wanted to clarify a few things before I head out to meet with Brownell and Dabo..Yes, GT wanted to switch up the home and home years with Clemson, and the ACC took that into consideration when revamping the schedule. As a result, all ACC Atlantic teams will host their cross-divisional rival (for Clemson, that's Tech) in 2013 and the other cross-divisional games are all hosted by the Coastal. Keep in mind that Clemson most likely won't host Virginia next season - they will host another Coastal team (Miami?). The other cross-divisional games are going on a one-off basis, and the next time we play Virginia might be in 2016 or 2017 and we will host them. And yes, it looks like Louisville is going to slip into Maryland's slot next season. If you have any questions, TMail or email me.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

whoa...brownlee & the boys had enough trouble with coastal..***

Jan 11, 2013, 12:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: whoa...brownlee & the boys had enough trouble with coastal..***

Jan 11, 2013, 12:17 PM

Bad news is we will now play FSU and GT away from home in the same year. Odd numbered years will continue to be the years to succeed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I guess it's a tradeoff

Jan 11, 2013, 12:21 PM

The question is what's better: Having a great chance to go undefeated (at least in ACC if not overall) every other year, or have a good chance of losing just 1 ACC game every year.

The good news for us is, that FSU at least gets us and Miami at home in alternating years... so they always have a good chance of losing one of those.

Yep, we can't beat them on the road. Hang up the even years.

Jan 11, 2013, 12:22 PM [ in reply to Re: whoa...brownlee & the boys had enough trouble with coastal..*** ]

We need to let them know that Clemson is coming, and #### is coming with us.

GO TIGERS!

If Lousville slips in then CU has one of the hardest

Jan 11, 2013, 12:25 PM

schedules of 2013 with Georgia, FSU, Louisville, and SCU probably ranked preseason top 10. If we can play D at a high level next year could be real special.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm excited @ the possibility of UL & the already knowns.

Jan 11, 2013, 12:38 PM

I believe the above mentioned will silence any rubbish rumbling about us playing a weak ACC Schedule/The Citadel/SC State. It's not our fault we had that 8 to 9 back to 8 conference fiasco to deal with, and I am happy with the way things have played out with Maryland leaving.

Another note: Since, GT got what they wanted, then this GT to the BIG 10 should be put to bed as well.

Go Tigers!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Louisville would "slip in" in 2014, not 2013.***

Jan 11, 2013, 12:44 PM [ in reply to If Lousville slips in then CU has one of the hardest ]

This should say the following then.

Jan 11, 2013, 12:51 PM

"And yes, it looks like Louisville is going to slip into Maryland's slot next season."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 1,198
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic