Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Louisville has zero chance
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 38
| visibility 1

Louisville has zero chance

Sep 10, 2017, 10:25 PM

I honestly feel that way. If we got 11 sacks on that OLine we might sack Lamar 15 times. He is just not going to have the time to even throw or escape the pass rush.

Also their defense is nothing special

35-17

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lavar can run. Stidham was a statuesque tackling dummy.

Sep 10, 2017, 10:27 PM

But I would love to see him try to hurdle one of our guys.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Lavar can run. Stidham was a statuesque tackling dummy.

Sep 10, 2017, 10:37 PM

Yeah i hope Tanner Muse lights him up!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tanner could if he would wrap up...

Sep 11, 2017, 1:28 PM

instead of launching his body at people. He launched at one of the Auburn WR and bounced off of him. He also launched at their RB and bounced off. Coach BV and Coach Reed will coach him up on that.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lavar can run. Stidham was a statuesque tackling dummy.

Sep 11, 2017, 8:57 AM [ in reply to Lavar can run. Stidham was a statuesque tackling dummy. ]

I thought Stidham was surprisingly quick. Obviously not as fast as Lamar but he had good speed and got away from a some would be sacks a couple of times.

Against Louisville it will be important to keep him on the pocket. I.e. Probably not a good idea to bill rush their line and end up having to chase him all over the field.

Establish the line of scrimmage and set the ends and we should be able to keep him from running wild

Re: Louisville has zero chance

Sep 10, 2017, 10:28 PM

Yeah, Lamar's good, but I don't think there's any way we don't sack him at least 6+ times. 11 sacks is very impressive but Lamar is 10x more elusive than Stidham.

Sep 11, 2017, 5:17 AM

As long as we play under control I don't see why we can't mirror what Houston and LSU did to him last year.

U of L's O-Line is garbage.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I agree

Sep 11, 2017, 6:31 AM

+1

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 10, 2017, 10:29 PM

Jackson is nothing but check downs and timing routes. We clean all that short sh*t up we roll easily.

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Sep 10, 2017, 10:47 PM

A lot of our sacks were coverage sacks so it will be more difficult to contain Jackson when he takes off too run like we were able to do with Stidham

Sep 11, 2017, 12:16 AM

I kinda agree but I noticed this year so far he's been trying to just avoid pressure and stay in the pocket. We may end up with a similar situation and he ends up holding the ball too long. Yeah he's fast but when he's had guys coming at him from all sides he's pretty much panicked

Sep 11, 2017, 1:31 AM

I doubt we sack Lamar jackson 4x. Stidham has the pocket presence of a wooden indian.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 1:48 AM

Their WRs looked pretty good against UNC, which surprised me because they lost their top WRs from last season. I think they have more talent at that position than Auburn. They don't look great at RB position.

Sep 11, 2017, 5:13 AM

Who hasn't looked good against UNC this year?

Sep 11, 2017, 6:35 AM

Yep. I haven't seen NC play defense in years. Saturday is going to be an interesting matchup and it's one in which I think the tigers win.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Louisville has zero chance ]

This should be a great game, with strength against strength. And as was mentioned, yes we lost some skill players after last season, but I would say we have definitely upgraded this year. Jaylen Smith is one of the starting WR's who was second string last year. Last year he averaged 22 ypc, and this year he is averaging 150 yards per game, which is third in the country. Dez Fitzpatrick is our other stud receiver, and he is only a freshman. He easily could have played last year, but we had so many returning quality receivers that he was red-shirted. This year, after only two games into his career, he is tied for 5th in the country for most catches of 20+ yards (5) and already has three touchdown catches. He is averaging almost 22 ypc. Seth Dawkins is another good one with seven catches in two games. All three of these receivers are big, fast and most of all, have great hands. They put a lot of pressure on defenses.

At running back we finally had the breakout game for Malik Williams. Last year as a freshman he averaged over 7 ypc, but that was only on 19 carries. Saturday he rushed for 149 yards on only 13 attempts, that included a 74 yard run. If you take away that run, he still averaged over 6 ypc. Yes, its only one game, but it definitely will help take the pressure off of Lamar's run game.

And then there's Lamar. Anyone that has watched us this year knows this is not your 2016 Lamar Jackson. As Jesse Palmer commented Saturday, "Last year I thought he was a great athlete playing quarterback, now he's a great quarterback." Lamar has definitely matured from his sophomore to his junior year, and its showing up statistically. Last year he only completed 57% of his passes. This year its up to 65%. Last year if the pocket broke down he immediately looked to run. This year that is not the case, and was evident in his 75 yard touchdown pass to Jaylen Smith.

I present this information for you to get an understanding of this year's team. How will that translate against your defense? That is the $64 question. As is usually the case, the answer will more than likely be somewhere in the middle. I'm sure your defense will have some success, and Lamar will make some plays, and hopefully its an entertaining game for the viewers.

Sep 11, 2017, 6:50 AM

This is all fine and good, but you have yet to play a defense with a heartbeat. UNC started a true freshman at QB and RB, and they aren't very good right now. Y'all struggled against their offense and their defense couldn't stop a high school team. Jackson will not have the time to pass like he did last week. Our front 7 is so much better than UNC's. Remember last year? Down 28-10 at the half and the ONLY way y'all got back in it was 3 costly turnovers in our own territory. I don't see that happening against this year. It should be a really good game but I don't see Louisville having enough defense to win. Clemson 31-27.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hahahahaha

Sep 11, 2017, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: Louisville has zero chance ]

No mention in your Technicolor dream post of your all-star defense, huh? LMAOfffffff

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Hahahahaha

Sep 11, 2017, 11:29 AM

With all due respect, I am not sure how good it has to be. Beating up a Kent St squad that gave up 31 points to Howard is not exactly something to instill fear. The offense certainly didn't look good against Auburn.

You guys continue to prove you are the least football

Sep 11, 2017, 11:43 AM

knowledgeable fanbase in the conference. You clearly have no concept of the level of talent we have on our offense. Besides QB, you don't have a single player on offense that would start at Clemson.

You wont understand what it's like to play a defense like Auburn until this weekend. When we are up against your Swiss cheese defense, we will score at will. You're trash in the trenches and we will completely expose that.

You will score points, but if you think you are putting up 700 yards on this defense then you should probably pick up a "Football for Dummies" book.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's going to be fun crushing the baseless optimism

Sep 11, 2017, 12:36 PM

of these pretenders.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Oh, how sweet it will be.***

Sep 11, 2017, 1:08 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 11:53 AM [ in reply to Re: Hahahahaha ]

With all due respect, did you notice that Clemson did 3/4 of Howard's score in the first quarter alone, and had 90% of it by halftime with Kelly Bryant...while in the end playing a total of 91 players, 3 QB's, and their entire 4 deep of RB's?

Auburn's defense is better than Louisville's, especially the D-Line...S&P+, Auburn is ranked #8 in Defensive S&P+ after playing Clemson, who scored the only 2 TD's in the game. Louisville's #26 Defensive S&P+ allowed Purdue to score 28 points and have 344 yards of offense, a team that is ranked #73 in Offensive S&P. And that instills fear and says Louisville has a D anywhere remotely close to Auburn?? Clemson didn't allow a single TD to a team ranked #35 Offensive S&P...and sacked them 11 times. Does the Purdue game say you compare??

See here where Clemson's,Auburn's,UofL's along

Sep 11, 2017, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Hahahahaha ]

Purdue and UNCheat defenses rank.It should help you see what is about to happen.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense/sort/yardsPerGame

Sep 11, 2017, 11:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Hahahahaha ]

To be fair, against Auburn after we scored our second TD we shut it down because they were not doing anything against our defense.

I'd like to know the answer to the $64,000 question...

Sep 11, 2017, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Re: Louisville has zero chance ]

...which is:

How will the 'Tards and their fans deal with BV, Big Dex, CWilk, AB7, and The Missile livin' rent free in their minds as the football version of "The Matrix-Reborn"?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

No CHANCE, what UofL has done this year

Sep 11, 2017, 11:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Louisville has zero chance ]

has been against 2 defenses not ranked in the top 100 and you top 80 defense won't stop Clemson's offense. They couldn't stop UNCheat or Purdue ,2 offenses not ranked in the top 100 LOL

This chick just quoted Jesse Palmer LOL***

Sep 11, 2017, 1:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville has zero chance ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I think win, but they havre a great chance.

Sep 11, 2017, 5:33 AM

If we are off some we can easily lose. We won 8 games last year I believ4 my a td or under.

Re: I think win, but they havre a great chance.

Sep 11, 2017, 5:43 AM

Agreed... it's a bit early for that kind of bravado...they have zero chance? Give me a break, we could definitely lose this game. Lamar will be far more elusive...he'll be tough to catch.

Probably comes down to the play of our offense. If we sputter and can't move the ball consistently, we could be in for a tough night, especially at their place.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 11, 2017, 5:49 AM

U of L's D is a shell of it's previous self. They lost players (front 7 and safeties) and their DC, which is why they have had problems stopping the run. Spread them out with our WR talent and let Bryant/our RBs run wild all game long.

Common sense post which is uncommon!***

Sep 11, 2017, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: I think win, but they havre a great chance. ]

Sep 11, 2017, 12:12 PM [ in reply to I think win, but they havre a great chance. ]

5 of those games had 3 or more turnovers, btw. That's quite a bit for any team to overcome against mediocre teams (i.e. Troy as an exanmple), much less teams like Louisville, which we had 5 TO's in, most of that in the second half alone.

Sep 11, 2017, 9:13 AM

Louisville gave up 11, 8, and 10 sacks in their last three games last year and their line isn't any better in 2017. The recipe to slow that offense down was shown last year. We will get our chances.

Sep 11, 2017, 9:31 AM

Yeah Stidham was still looking downfield on some of those sacks where as LJ will turn on the jets. They definitely have a chance but if we play our game we should win.

Sep 11, 2017, 11:48 AM

Not sure, Jackson has a ton better escape capability than Stidham. We chased him around all last year and were lucky to win. Still, I think our D is better and theirs is worst than last year. It is no coincidence that their D got lit up by Purdue and UNCheat even in victory. UNCheat may be the worst team in the ACC this year.

Sep 11, 2017, 12:06 PM

Venables changed his coverage after half time too. Let's be honest about "last year"...if Ray Ray didn't turn the ball over coming out first drive after half time, Clemson goes down that drive and scores to put the game 35-10, do you really think that game would have finished the same way? That turnover brought Louisville back into the game and gave them some life back. They'd have been deflated going down 35-10 after the half, Venables wouldn't have adjusted his defense as much either.

Gonna be funny when Kelly has more yds rushing than Lamar.

Sep 11, 2017, 12:03 PM

Wonder what the sports writers will think about that next week?

Re: Gonna be funny when Kelly has more yds rushing than Lamar.

Sep 11, 2017, 1:17 PM

I agree. I'm laying the points & betting the house on you guys. Lamar will be running for his life. You guys have a great defense, & that is what wins. Forget all the offensive fireworks, you guys will drill Louisville. BTW, I hate that P*S Petrino. He does not belong in college football. He needs to go the route of Art Briles.

Replies: 38
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic