Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Louisville bringing a lot to ACC....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Louisville bringing a lot to ACC....

Jan 25, 2015, 7:04 PM

football, mens basketball , even their girls basketball is # 4 in the country with right at 10,000 in attendance at game today against Miami ....and a newly rennovated stadium in football ? ..i cant remember off thetop of my head if they are any good in baseball or not ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Louisville bringing a lot to ACC....

Jan 25, 2015, 7:09 PM

Good baseball team also

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thus far, they have shown appreciation for the invitation

Jan 25, 2015, 7:09 PM

to the ACC and were generally very complimentary to Clemson during and after their visit this past year.

This was a home run "get" by the ACC in my opinion.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed, as much as I hate to say it

Jan 25, 2015, 7:15 PM

I know some of those on Tobacco Road were leery about their academics. But frankly, what league doesn't have a school or two a bit lower on the academic rung? It's an ATHLETIC conference, and Louisville is solid in football. One of the 10 best programs nationally basketball. And they're competitive in several other sports.

And at least we didn't have to resort to inviting WFVU.

There's always one bad apple in a bushel

Jan 25, 2015, 7:18 PM

and the academic side is the only knock on L'ville. Other than that, they are a complete package and definitely bring more to the table than MD from an athletic perspective and are a much better addition than WV would have been. Although, I still would not be opposed to WV being added later if and when ND comes and Navy isn't riding their coattails in with them. Please, please, please Swoffy and stupid ACC don't add UCONN! Please no! WV, Navy or PSU, but not UCONN!

Are you a babbeling buffoon? I'm not saying, I'm just asking

Jan 25, 2015, 7:27 PM

if that is the case.

Are you aware that the University of Louisville has a Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholars and National Scholars program??

You're probably one of those guys that mocks SCU for their below-average academic ratings, aren't you?

Aren't you??

So now Louisville is "excused" because they're in the ACC?

I think it is quite possible that you are a babbeling buffoon.

Don't get me, wrong, however; you see, I really LIKE babbeling buffoons.

Oh geez.. You again?! The TD natzi

Jan 25, 2015, 8:12 PM

who is mad that Pitt isn't the epicenter of football and that more people on TNET would prefer to go to BC and Lville and not too Pitt.. GTFO.

Agreed. Louisville > Maryland

Jan 25, 2015, 7:34 PM [ in reply to There's always one bad apple in a bushel ]

Maryland was a big loss in basketball, but Louisville is one of the few programs out there that was an obvious upgrade. Maryland was always mediocre in football while Louisville is at least up and coming. They have money, and they're not afraid to spend it. They have a nice stadium and it wouldn't surprise me if they expand again in the next 5-10 years.

Agree w/all points you've made......Still....

Jan 25, 2015, 7:41 PM

a football stadium named for Papa John's Pizza and a basketball arena named for KFC YUM! is a bit disconcerting...in a fast food sort of way.....now I'm hungry

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is that a whole lot better than a pro stadium...

Jan 25, 2015, 7:42 PM

Named after an insurance company and a basketball arena named after a bank?

OK, yes.... but it sure would be nice to have Papa John in our portfolio of donors too.

Wonder if they'd be interested in buying the name of a

Jan 25, 2015, 7:45 PM

clock tower on Clemson's campus???.............:~)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hardee's Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University

Jan 25, 2015, 7:50 PM

Brought to you by Dominos.

Re: Agree w/all points you've made......Still....

Jan 25, 2015, 8:36 PM [ in reply to Agree w/all points you've made......Still.... ]

NC State has PNC Arena for its men's basketball

Re: Agree w/all points you've made......Still....

Jan 25, 2015, 9:24 PM

True....but they share that building with the NHL Carolina Hurricanes who, by and large, pay for most of it. Kind of an unusual arrangement (though not unheard of) between a public college and a professional sports team

And I made the above post about L'villes stadium and arena pretty much tongue in cheek

Re: Agreed, as much as I hate to say it

Jan 25, 2015, 7:38 PM [ in reply to Agreed, as much as I hate to say it ]

Tobacco Road didn't want them because of basketball competition. Louisville has to have as good or better academics than unCheat

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Agreed.. They were the best all around program of

Jan 25, 2015, 7:15 PM [ in reply to Thus far, they have shown appreciation for the invitation ]

any team available. Top 25 football and basketball and top 10 in Basketball. They are complete and competitive in all sports and are on the rise in football. I definitely look forward to going there this season for the football game and it would also enjoy possibly making it up there for a basketball game.

Only an hour from me; can't wait...

Jan 25, 2015, 7:34 PM

for the first football game we have there. Louisville is pretty fun to visit. There's a (small) Clemson club there. It would be fun to do an Orange take-over the night before at someplace like Joe's Crab Shack.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only an hour from me; can't wait...

Jan 25, 2015, 7:48 PM

my wife and i going to louisville fb game next year, too ....cant wait ...thinking about taking the rv but may just fly , doesnt seem to be any overnight rv parking at the stadium....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 25, 2015, 7:57 PM

Baseball team was a host last year I believe. I know they made it to the CWS

Jan 25, 2015, 8:23 PM

Agreed...they're a 1st class athletic school. Brought a whole lot more to the ACC than Pitt.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic