Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Louisville O Line
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Louisville O Line

Sep 12, 2017, 9:58 PM

Haven't been able to watch much Louisville yet. O line better than last year or same garbage?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UNC-Louisville replay is on ESPNU right now

Sep 12, 2017, 10:01 PM

Louisville OL is not outstanding but not that bad. Hard to tell against UNC. Not sure they are going to win 3 games this year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Louisville O Line

Sep 12, 2017, 10:07 PM

Jury is still out. We start two freshmen. They are talented, but they are....freshmen, so they will make mistakes. So far we have given up only two sacks on the year, which is a far cry from the 46 we gave up last year.

We really started putting it together in the second half against UNC and they started opening up some holes for our runningback, which then opened it up for Lamar. Lamar's 46 yard touchdown run came after our runningback got some good runs and the defense started respecting his running.

Obviously with Clemson it's a different level, but then again, Clemson hasn't faced a quality passing attack yet either, so it should be a great cat and mouse game.

Sep 12, 2017, 10:10 PM

Expect your average sacks per game to increase

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Sep 12, 2017, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville O Line ]

You should probably go back and watch the Clemson secondary in the Auburn game before you judge "quality passing attack". They had AU's receivers covered well all night, which is what helped lead to the 11 sacks. Stidham did have several times where he had time to scramble around, and he still had nothing to throw to.

Sep 12, 2017, 10:20 PM

> You should probably go back and watch the Clemson
> secondary in the Auburn game before you judge
> "quality passing attack". They had AU's receivers
> covered well all night, which is what helped lead to
> the 11 sacks. Stidham did have several times where
> he had time to scramble around, and he still had
> nothing to throw to.

Yes, Auburn's quarterback is in Lamar's league . Yes, Auburn's receivers are in Louisville's class. Not. Keep thinking we are just another Auburn offensively. Let's see how that works out Saturday.

Sep 12, 2017, 10:22 PM

Auburn receivers & O line are both better than UL's. RB too. Don't get your hopes up too much bro. Your disappointment won't be quite as harsh that way.

Sep 12, 2017, 10:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville O Line ]

Leo thinking we didn't hold you to 10 points in a half last year with Lamar. Pulllease.

Btw, Boulware's gone. He's who Lamar exploited last year 2nd half quite a bit....repaved by a 5 star with better pass coverage. Oops.

Sep 12, 2017, 10:24 PM

*Keep thinking

Sep 12, 2017, 10:39 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville O Line ]

And btw, no one said you are another Auburn....but Clemson proved last year for half a game when they weren't turning the ball over that they could slow down Lamar and Louisville's attack. I know you don't want to talk about that first half, but it happened.

I'll say it again...23 of your 26 points in the second half came on drives directly after turnovers while Louisville changed the momentum, starting with a 34 yr drive from an interception first play of the 3rd quarter (that a Louisville player never defended...he just caught a missed pass that bounced off a wide open receiver). Clemson's 2nd quarter mistakes had a bunch to do with that second quarter success, and you are delusional if you can't see that. That one doesn't happen, Clemson goes down scores, puts the game 35-10...Lamar's frustration builds, and they likely never come back (and Clemson likely has less mistakes from the less pressure of no shift in momentum).

Clemson was the team others that eventually did stuff Louisville modeled after. Venables made some scheme mistakes last year, don't expect the same ones this year.

Why would you say that Auburn's WRs are not

Sep 12, 2017, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville O Line ]

in Louisville's class? They are mostly more highly rated than Louisville's coming out of high school. If anything, they could argue they have a better WR unit. And a better O line. And better RBs. They THOUGHT they had the QB, but he's no where near LJ.

I honestly struggle to pick out the better units Lville has over Auburn except for QB. And that's obviously a huge deal, as is home field at night. But still, I don't think you give Auburn enough credit.

null

Sep 13, 2017, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Louisville O Line ]

tbh Auburn is better than lousville everywhere but QB. QB play goes a long way though.
We will see how things balance out but it's either going to be close or clemson is going to blow you guys out. I don't see louisville stopping clemson's offense but clemson very well has the talent to shut down louisville's offense for the most part

Sep 12, 2017, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville O Line ]

One of the worst centers in the country & fairly weak across the board. Clemson D line gonna eat Saturday night. LJ will be in the ice tub most of Sunday

Sep 12, 2017, 10:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville O Line ]

Big thing AU didn't do that is obvious UofL will is slant passes, short dumps, etc. All it'll take its Venables to watch that UNC game to see the attempts at the shovel pass and the minor rub route. Expect Clemson's improved pass coverage to show when the LB's stay back, and Boulware isn't out there to exploit in the short pass attack anymore.

Sep 12, 2017, 10:22 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville O Line ]

There is no doubt in my mind that Lamar will get in a few nice runs , he always does . Your running game itself will strugfle , and aside from a few plays here and there I wouldn't expect Bobby Petrino to think he'll be able to have a lot of downfield looks with our front 7 .
I really think this game will be close , but I expect a lot of what we saw last week with Auburn . Clemson takes a quarter to evaluate what they want to do , and then has them assume the position.
Tigers win 27-17

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

I watched a good bit of your game with the Tarholes...

Sep 13, 2017, 9:47 AM [ in reply to Re: Louisville O Line ]

When the tarhole D, which by the way ISN'T GOOD, was able to get just a little pressure on Lamar his passing became very inconsistent. That's the way I would describe his passing - inconsistent.

Clemson will get a LOT more pressure on Lamar than the substandard tarhole D. It's pretty clear to me that he will be forced to run more in this game. The question is, can Clemson's defense find a way to contain him? Are we disciplined enough to cover the gaps and not allow him to beat us to the edge?

Lamar is a very good running QB, so if the cards are going to win that's how they will have to do it. He will not be able to sit back and pick apart our secondary... and he ain't gonna be hitting a bunch of chunk plays on throws he makes while running for his life. You better hope those freshman OL can nut up and find a way to stop Dexter Lawrence, Christian Wilkins, Clelin Ferrell, Austin Bryant, Jabril Robinson, etc. from flushing Lamar out while Tre Lamar, Kendall Joseph, JD Davis or Jalen Williams are blitzing him. And if perchance he does get a second to set his feet, I think you'll find our DB's cover a lot better than the pathetic tarhole secondary.

Good luck.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When your opponents sack HIGHLIGHT reel last 3 minutes

Sep 13, 2017, 10:11 AM [ in reply to Re: Louisville O Line ]

and you have 2 freshman starting on your OL...

https://www.facebook.com/SeldomUsedReserve/videos/1399613430155110/

Be afraid... be VERY afraid.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2017, 10:28 AM [ in reply to Re: Louisville O Line ]

So... You do realize that according to Rivals.Com EVERY WR on Auburn's Depth chart is better than EVERY WR on Louisville's right?

We will just do the starters:

AU:
Slayton 4* (6'2)
Craig - Myers 4* (6'3)
Stove 4* (6'0)
Davis 4* (5'9)

LVILL:
Samuel 3* (5'7)
Dawkins 3* (6'3)
Smith 2* (6'4)

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 13, 2017, 11:07 AM [ in reply to Re: Louisville O Line ]

If you have a great Defense its easy to say you haven't faced a quality passing attack. You don't think a great defense can just make it look that way? We've had a top 5-10 Defense the last 3 years so it is what it is. We shutout OSU, all we heard was the new QB for AU out of Baylor was going to light it up and their big 235 lb back was going to wear us down....but nope! Just because we shut an offense down doesn't mean they are bad, it could just mean the Clemson D is just that good.

And for the record, if it wasn't for 5 turnovers last year the game would've never been close to begin with and gave Jackson more chances to get yards and points. They were shut down in the first half and its crazy it took 5 turnovers to even make it look like a game took place last year.

they suck, much like the rest of their team.....

Sep 12, 2017, 10:15 PM

outside of their heisman winner mushmouth that can't string a sentence together.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Haven't watched them play this year either.

Sep 12, 2017, 10:15 PM

I don't like using last year as a setup, but it was only today I watched the highlights from the Houston vs Lamar Jackson game.And that Oline was horribad.All I remember is 2 days prior the Louisville players were whining on social media saying they should be ranked ahead of us, even though we beat them!LoL.That was the beginning of the end for their team achievements.I never watched the highlights then as I was just delighted at the time they had gotten beaten..AGAIN.
My understanding for this year is they lost a couple off the oline and the center is rather inexperienced?

Based on what I've seen their Tackles aren't too bad

Sep 12, 2017, 10:20 PM

The Guards and Center are pretty good at combo blocks, but 1 on 1 they are really shaky. Dex and Christian should have a field day IMO.

I guess that most Clemson fans agree that...

Sep 13, 2017, 2:16 AM

the wildcard is Lamar Jackson. He's the only reason Louisville has a shot in this game.

As many think, he's not a one-man team. He can't do it all and so I truly think Louisville will fall flat in their home field.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic