Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Louisville Fan Making The Trip This Weekend
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

Louisville Fan Making The Trip This Weekend

Oct 29, 2018, 3:19 PM

What's up Tiger Nation? Me and a few folks are making the trip down this weekend... Gluttons for punishment, I guess. LOL Looking for any suggestions of places to eat or hangout on Friday/Saturday nights. Any help would be much appreciated!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you staying in Clemson Friday and Saturday nights

Oct 29, 2018, 3:29 PM

or outside of Clemson like Greenville or Anderson? This will help narrow down your options.

Re: Are you staying in Clemson Friday and Saturday nights

Oct 29, 2018, 3:58 PM

We are staying in Greenville!

Thanks to everyone for the quick responses! This is actually our second trip down, we came in 2016 as well and had a blast, hence why we're coming back again. We heard good things from fellow Cardinal fans about their trip in 2014, and they weren't wrong. We were welcomed by everyone we encountered.

Oct 29, 2018, 4:04 PM

Rick Erwin’s has at least three restaurants in Greenville.
Eastside
Nantucket
West End Grille

All are good. West End is one of the first, if not the first. That’s the one I’d recommend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 4:15 PM

Thank you!

Oct 29, 2018, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you staying in Clemson Friday and Saturday nights ]

If you're missing a taste of home, Sip in Greenville has an excellent bourbon selection.

Oct 29, 2018, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: Are you staying in Clemson Friday and Saturday nights ]

Places mentioned below are good, but my favorite restaurant in gvegas is the trappe door. If you like Belgian steak frittes and Beligan beer, you are in for a real treat. I've never had anything bad there and they have my charcuterie board in town.

If you want to get some exercise before you go tailgating the next day, assuming you have all day in town friday, check out the swamp rabbit trail. You can rent bikes and ride up to Furman or up to traveller's rest.

Also, go check out the brewery scene in town. My favorite is hands down Brewery 85. Owned by a Clemson grad who makes absolutely fantastic beer.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Louisville Fan Making The Trip This Weekend

Oct 29, 2018, 3:29 PM

There are so many good places to eat in Greenville and the downtown is great for strolling and enjoying the evening, are you staying in Greenville per chance?

Oct 29, 2018, 4:00 PM

Yes, we are staying in Greenville!

Oct 29, 2018, 4:13 PM

DCcards said:

Yes, we are staying in Greenville!

Sticky fingers isn't bad.... Also checkout wild wing cafe...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 4:15 PM

Thanks!

Oct 29, 2018, 3:30 PM

You’ll be welcomed to Clemson by all you meet. Clemson is a very small town but doesn’t lack for life’s basic needs
Such as ????????????????????????

The Esso Club is a must. The Whistling Pig is also!

Oct 29, 2018, 3:34 PM

Are you staying in Clemson or surrounding area? If in the Clemson area I'd go to the Smokin Pig for dinner on Friday, then head downtown for drinks and taking in the "sites". On game day I'd either head to the Esso Club or just walk around the tailgating areas. Clemson fans are known for our hospitality and I'm sure numerous fans will invite you to share in their food and drink.

If you are staying in Greenville, I'd reccomend having dinner downtown at one of the numerous great restaurants.

Oct 29, 2018, 3:36 PM

While I am a season ticket holder, I don't have a lot to tell you about places to hang out or eat. I have been to both of our games at Louisville and have never had a problem with your fans. I think you will find Clemson fans to be very welcoming too. Enjoy the the weekend.

I hope you guys can right the ship in football. With you and FSU being down this year it adds to the ESPN narative that the ACC is a weak football conference.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 4:06 PM

This is definitely a down (WAY down) year for us... We knew how good Lamar was, but this year it's pretty clear just how much he was hiding. Petrino is likely out after the season, so hopefully we can get headed in the right direction again soon. Clemson is the cream of the crop in the ACC, and we want to be able to compete with the best.

Rumor has it Petrino's buyout is $32m

Oct 29, 2018, 4:13 PM

You think UL will pay that much to show him the door?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Rumor has it Petrino's buyout is $32m

Oct 29, 2018, 4:16 PM

His buyout is $14 million, and yes, I do think UofL will pay it. I would be shocked if Petrino were the coach next season.

Oct 29, 2018, 4:18 PM

Is papa John still worth $14m? ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Oct 29, 2018, 4:24 PM

Definitely not in Louisville! LOL

Oct 29, 2018, 4:16 PM [ in reply to Re: Louisville Fan Making The Trip This Weekend ]

Will Mischamp will likely be available at the seasons end if you guys are looking for a coach??

Oct 29, 2018, 3:36 PM

Go to the Esso club. Its one block from the stadium. Good food and cold beer.

Oct 29, 2018, 3:42 PM

I’m Clemson The smoking pig and the Esso Club are great places to eat.
In Anderson, Louie’s, Sullivan’s, Jpeters and Mgees Irish pub is good.
In Greenville, Addy’s, Ink N Ivy and Soby’s is good.

Oct 29, 2018, 3:42 PM

Glad you're making the trip. You'll be treated like honored guests....you're team and coach however...

Oct 29, 2018, 3:52 PM

Rick Erwin’s
Calhoun Corners
Blue Heron

Are all good places in Clemson. They all take reservations, you’ll be hard pressed to walk in a get a table on a home game weekend.

You can easily google them and call. Rick Erwin’s used to have an online reservation option, but it was with open table and has not worked for me lately. Maybe yelp will work.

Message was edited by: NorthwestPurple®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you want to part in Clemson, the Louisville fans love....

Oct 29, 2018, 3:58 PM

a bar/restaurant called "The Study Hall" on College Ave (on the Friday before the 2016 game, there was a huge crowd of Card fans there). If you are interested in Greenville, anything in downtown Greenville on the Main St./ Falls Park area. Try Rick Erwin's Restaurant. He also has one in Clemson at Patrick Square on Issaqueena Trail off of hwy. 123.

Do you know Dave Sipe? I met he and his gang of friends 2 years ago on Friday night at the Study Hall and they came to our tailgate before the game.

Also, if you want to eat at top not shlef restaurants in....

Oct 29, 2018, 4:08 PM

Clemson, try Calhoun Corners or Pixie and Bills (both owned by the same family).

For "hanging out"...

Oct 29, 2018, 4:17 PM

Assuming it's guys weekend and not family time...

Stormy Daniels will be at the Trophy Club in Greenville Friday and Saturday nights.

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

http://www.deathvalleytailgatingsquad.com/
http://www.twitter.com/dvts

Greenville Dining

Oct 29, 2018, 4:21 PM

$$$$
Hall’s Chophouse
Larkin’s
Rick Erwin’s
$$$
Sobys
Jianna

Others-
Nose Dive
Trappe Door (Bavarian)

Generally Yelp reviews won’t lead you astray. 2 new breweries downtown, and always Pour Taproom (70 taps) if you want to drink beer, Vault and Vador is cool for a cocktail

Hope you enjoy yourselves!

I’m partial to

Oct 29, 2018, 4:23 PM

HOOTERS. And the foods not bad!

Oct 29, 2018, 4:22 PM

In Greenville, if you're looking for the best steak of your lifetime, albeit pricey, try Hall's Chophouse. Great food and atmosphere. UP on the Roof is a great bar near there as well with a nice view of the city/mountain skyline.

Greenville Beer Exchange for tailgating supplies

Oct 29, 2018, 4:29 PM

If you prefer good craft beer...http://www.gbx.beer/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's First Friday in Downtown Greenville so roads are

Oct 29, 2018, 4:31 PM

blocked off with street vendors, beer trucks, and music. Lots of dining choices.

It's Clemson's Fall Break so many students heading out of town to get home to vote. I anticipate a weak student section at the game.

Go Tigers!...and Steelers!

Also...

Don't miss the #Clemson Fall Band Benefit at 6:00pm this Friday at Swanson's Warehouse in Greenville - proceeds benefit the victims of Hurricane Florence. Featuring local Greenville favorites: "Baby Freak" food trucks & drinks! Details: http://bit.ly/FallBand18

Message was edited by: tigermaniac®

Message was edited by: tigermaniac®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Keep going until you hit 85..take it to 385 and follow it to

Oct 29, 2018, 7:17 PM

26 until you hit Seabrook. It is beautiful down there this time of year.....I just got back. It will be a much better trip.

Thumbs up just for the fact that you support

Oct 29, 2018, 7:26 PM

that team at this point of the season.Even L. Jackson couldn't help you guys much.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Thumbs up just for the fact that you support

Oct 30, 2018, 2:06 PM

They don't make it easy, that's for sure. But we always enjoy a road trip to a cool environment like Clemson.

I made the trip to L'ville in 2015

Oct 30, 2018, 2:18 PM

and that has been one of my fav road games experiences.

Re: I made the trip to L'ville in 2015

Oct 30, 2018, 2:22 PM

I hope you are able to keep coming! Louisville (the city) really has a lot to offer.

The stadium expansion is open this year (not that it will get good use until next year), so when you come again it will be slightly different than when you came in '15. New ribbon boards, three new video boards, etc.

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic