Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Louisville Board
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Louisville Board

Sep 23, 2016, 4:37 PM

http://www.scout.com/college/louisville/forums/2759-the-cardmarch/14988720-worried-about-clemson?page=1

They are very very confident bunch over there. They think they are more talented and will win pretty easily for the most part. I believe Deshaun and company will have something to say about that!

Spot the ball

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm ok with their overconfidence...

Sep 23, 2016, 4:47 PM

just as long as they are willing to come back out on Sunday if we win and admit they were wrong and that their team isn't the elite program they seem to think it is.

Re: I'm ok with their overconfidence...

Sep 23, 2016, 4:53 PM

If our OL doesn't start blocking like last year and if Watson doesn't start pin-pointing his passes better, we will have a very hard time trying to beat Lousiville. And that's a fact!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UL is a good team with a good D and a great QB

Sep 23, 2016, 5:43 PM

They have reason to be confident because they have played us close the last two years - plus their offense seems much improved with Jackson.

However, look at the last two games:

2014 - Cole Stout was our starting QB and we had trouble doing anything on offence. I am not blaming that entirely on Cole, but the truth is that our defense carried us through the middle of that season. The game was tight. Both teams had good defenses and our offense was limited.

2015 - We played the first couple of games at home and both teams were cupcakes. UL's team was our first real test in the season plus it was our first road game PLUS we played on Thursday night. It was a short week for us, and we lost another day due to travel.

Yes, they have had good defenses and have played us close both games. Yes, they have an exciting QB this year who would challenge anyone. But, I think that there are reasons why our offense wasn't up to snuff the last two years. I see it as a tough game between two good teams.

Beating FSU the way they did made we a believer in them, but they are foolish to think this game is a lock for them.

I'll still consider them to be an elite team even if we beat

Sep 23, 2016, 5:09 PM [ in reply to I'm ok with their overconfidence... ]

them. That win over FSU proved that. If they run the table the rest of the way, they have a good shot of getting into the playoffs even if they lose to us. I don't see anyone being able to beat them besides us, Ohio St, Alabama, Stanford, Houston, and MAYBE Michigan.

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Louisville Board

Sep 23, 2016, 4:49 PM

He didn't say they were more talented he said they were "just as talented"....but he's still wrong....

Their last 5 recruiting classes ranked outside the top 30 according to rivals and that's as far as I went back.

Sep 23, 2016, 4:52 PM

Ues , their recruited classes .
However , Louisville claims bad-boy rejects from a lot of top programs . Think their starting Safety and maybe a LB voth played in the SEC . There are others as well .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Yes there are 3 transfers and I think 3 Juco in their

Sep 23, 2016, 8:23 PM

2 deep. And just go look at the high schools a lot these kids come from. I looked at it this morning. There are a lot of kids from extremely rough high schools. Take a look at the head shots as well

I can see why...

Sep 23, 2016, 4:56 PM

with the games, scores, and play of their quarterback so far this year, that they are so confident. The thing is, we have played the "super QB's", aka baker Mayfield, etc and the Defense seems to figure out how to tame them. Here's to hoping that BV works his magic yet again, and that the offense plays at least 3 quarter next Saturday like they played the 1st quarter this past Thursday!

Go Tigers!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

they are a confident bunch

Sep 23, 2016, 5:18 PM

the one thing I keep seeing is them comparing us to FSU....I can tell you right now WE ARE NOT FSU

our DT are way better than their DT and our LB are way better than their LBs

Lamar will get his yards and his highlights...but it takes more than one trick pony. We have better WR, better depth at RB. We have a stout DL and very solid LBs. I'm not sure about our secondary yet, but if our DT keep putting pressure on the QB like they have been then I'm not worried. We just have to make sure our DE play disciplined on those ZR

Sep 23, 2016, 5:35 PM

How'd that attitude work out for the Domers last year? World beater RB, world beater OL, etc.....they found out the hard way

Sep 23, 2016, 6:05 PM

Yep they going to be some sad little birds come OCT 1st .
I think our D is for real maybe the best we have EVER had and that's saying something.
This game is why they came to play at Clemson.
It's going to be louder than anything anyone on the Cards team has ever expirenced.
Lamar is def going to be hit hard , will he be able to take it?

Sep 23, 2016, 6:20 PM

At least this guy knows how to write! He must have studied English somewhere in his life!

Sep 23, 2016, 8:36 PM

Ha. True.

Someone has noted that we have linked their thread here. He referred to some here on Tnet as "idiots".....

You all going to just sit here and take that?

:grabspopcorn:

Sep 23, 2016, 6:36 PM

Sounds like ESPN and Norte Dame fans around this same time last year.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Those people ....gasp ....sound like...fans.

Sep 23, 2016, 7:09 PM

They think their team will win. I can't believe fans would think this on their own fan message board.

Those fools! They need to focus on Marshall!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They should be a confident bunch, they're playing well

Sep 23, 2016, 7:18 PM

We're the best team they've faced since last season, so we'll see how they react to getting hit in the mouth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So Louisville's version of FGF... The only difference is the

Sep 23, 2016, 10:29 PM

vast majority of Louisville fans aren't delusional hicks that you'll likely never actually see at a football game. FGF is a pretty accurate representation of the coots outside of a couple of posters that genuinely might suffer from some form of mental retardation.
It reminds me a lot of Oklahoma's message board last year.

Sep 23, 2016, 11:16 PM

Regardng how loud Death Valley will be on Sat. night, I remember when Miami entered the ACC, and we played them home for the first time. I think that game went to OT, I'm sure someone can inform me, anyways that was one of the loudest games I have ever experienced. It was scary loud, really crazy! Yes Notre Dame was nuts too! Looking forward to next weekend, I predict record breaking attendance, many people just there for the tailgating and another ear drum busting crowd!!!! Go Tigers!!

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic