Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Loudest On record at DV
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Loudest On record at DV

Sep 14, 2015, 10:26 AM

Anyone know what the loudest recorded crowd noise is in Death Valley? Watching the Tennessee game-they said they have been up to 114 decimals(jet engine).

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Loudest On record at DV

Sep 14, 2015, 10:31 AM

I've heard it was 127 and 131. I know it turns on my 'fight or flight,' reaction.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Remember we tried to break during FSU 2013

Sep 14, 2015, 10:33 AM

maybe we came close unless they didnt start the meter until kickoff

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Sep 14, 2015, 10:34 AM

http://www.stack.com/2014/09/12/loudest-college-football-stadiums/

We are @ #2.

Sep 14, 2015, 10:35 AM

The link doesn't work-but thanks for the quick response. Who was number 1?

Washington, due to their overhangs on top. Oddly, Syrexcuse didn't make the

Sep 14, 2015, 10:39 AM

list.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: Clemson Miami 2005 was damnn loud***

Sep 14, 2015, 10:43 AM

Sep 14, 2015, 10:50 AM

The 2005 Miami game was without a doubt the loudest on record at Death Valley. A friend of mine could not believe how much noise we generated. I could not hear for 24 hours afterwards.

Go Tigers!

Sep 14, 2015, 11:14 AM

There must not been anyone recording the decibel levels at that game. It was by far the loudest game I have attended an I have been to all the big games in the Valley.

Too bad Malik Zaire broke his ankle, I think the Tiger fans wanted a chance to show how loud Death Valley can get for him.

Sep 14, 2015, 11:22 AM

Zaire will still be in attendance so we #### well better make it loud

Sep 14, 2015, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Miami 2005 was damnn loud*** ]

My vote, too! I worried the stadium might crack due to the noise. I've never been anywhere since, nor before, that even aproached it, and I'm 64 years old and have been to lots of games in lots of stadiums.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Here's the video of Clemson Miami 2005: TV vs. Field

Sep 14, 2015, 2:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Clemson Miami 2005 was damnn loud*** ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtTGRMv1DmM

That was d@mn loud that day!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was just about to post that.

Sep 14, 2015, 2:18 PM

I still get chills thinking about it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure our loudest was Miami game. I've never heard it

Sep 14, 2015, 10:48 AM

louder than that game. There was a concerted effort to be loud because Bowden had challenged the crowd beforehand to be loud.

That Miami game is the only time, in the Upper Deck, that I

Sep 14, 2015, 10:52 AM

was both screaming AND holding my fingers in my ears because the noise...again, in the UPPER DECK...was too loud to handle.

Crazy loud.

null

2005 Miami was 126 dB and the loudest on record at the time

Sep 14, 2015, 10:52 AM [ in reply to Pretty sure our loudest was Miami game. I've never heard it ]

Supposedly the 2007 BC game where Kelly dropped the game winning TD got to 131, but Miami 2005 was the loudest noise I've ever heard in my life. It was so loud in the student section that it felt like my heart was vibrating.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: 2005 Miami was 126 dB and the loudest on record at the time

Sep 14, 2015, 10:56 AM

Was the 131 recorded and how the heck can we be louder than an almighty sec stadium(Tennessee) that has 20,000 more seats? The audio from the Miami game is very impressive, but was there documentation on the level?

The reports were that it was recorded behind the benches

Sep 14, 2015, 11:48 AM

Stadium noise isn't necessarily proportional to stadium attendance. It would seem like a logical assumption that 100,000+ stadiums like those in Ann Arbor, Columbus, Happy Valley, and Knoxville would we louder.

The Big House has the most seats with regular crowds approaching 110,000, but with an almost non-existent tailgate atmosphere and a very low angle on the stands, Michigan is never mentioned as one of the loudest environments.

On the other end of the spectrum is Oregon's Autzen Stadium. Is is much smaller than most SEC traditional Big Ten stadiums or Death Valley, but it has often been cited as one of the loudest in college football. It's because of the shape and profile of the stadium that allows sounds waves to stay in the lower area and reverberate.

Death Valley is great for noise because of the steep North and South upper decks and the hill. The addition of the West EndZone made the stadium even louder when construction began.

Sep 14, 2015, 11:19 AM

I know the loudest it has officially been was in the mid-120s (124-127), at the 2013 FSU game. The loudest I attended as a student was 2013 Georgia - the stands in the student section were visibly vibrating and I couldn't hear for two weeks. I would've estimated upper 120s at the entrance.

Sep 14, 2015, 11:28 AM

Just found my old phone with a video of the whole entrance and remembered that after that game, my phone would never be able to record noise properly without massive distortion again.

Sep 14, 2015, 11:37 AM

The report, which says it uses real decibel levels for comparison is hard to argue with, but IMO, the Miami game at Death Valley was the measure we should be rated on. I was at both games, and no way, the Miami game wasn't the loudest ever.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Even before the 3rd down sack when the stadium erupted,

Sep 14, 2015, 11:57 AM

it was already as loud as I had ever heard it. It was indescribably loud after we knew we were gonna get the ball back.

For anyone that ever tries to downplay homefield advantage or the importance of crowd noise, that 2005 Miami game proves how defense feeds off of the fans' emotion and noise.

Re: Even before the 3rd down sack when the stadium erupted,

Sep 15, 2015, 8:14 AM

It can bring an upsurge in the adrenalin level of anybody there, fans, team, coaches and even the TV viewers. Very special extra advantage for the home team, IMO.

I can't seem to find the source, but 10 years ago or so

Sep 14, 2015, 12:05 PM

Clemson owned the record for the loudest outdoor sporting event for 1 week. It was broken a week later by Oregon.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Link?

Sep 14, 2015, 12:06 PM

TIA in advance

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Re: Link?

Sep 14, 2015, 12:07 PM

What part of "I can't seem to find the source" did you not understand?

SMDH

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

maybe bob likes sausage...

Sep 14, 2015, 12:08 PM

cood happen.

"Because at the end of the game, everyone knew that they weren’t that much better than us or better than us at all."

Re: maybe bob likes sausage...

Sep 14, 2015, 12:24 PM

bob definitely likes the sausage.

Re: Link?

Sep 14, 2015, 12:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Link? ]

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=17788332

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

lousville game last year

Sep 14, 2015, 12:17 PM

Was extremely loud- especially on the hill. When humphries ran that punt back for a touchdown, I thought my head was going to explode. Both from yelling and the noise

No dude, jet engine is...

Sep 14, 2015, 12:20 PM

...145db at close range. 114 would be in loud rock concert range.

Sep 14, 2015, 1:57 PM

That was the record for Neyland Stadium not everywhere. Death Valley shape makes it very loud (by the way it is much louder on the field than in the stands).

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/college/ut/volsinsider/2015/09/12/tennessee-vols-neyland-stadium-oklahoma-sooners-noise-record/72174338/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

2005 Miami and it's not even close.

Sep 14, 2015, 2:05 PM

2007 BC is memorable for the moment Clemson needed to hold BC to win in the 4th. Matt Ryan's busted play long TD...(before the ball was snapped) was the moment of loudness.

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic