Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lot 1 Satellite Set Up
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

Lot 1 Satellite Set Up

Aug 13, 2013, 10:42 AM

I will be tailgating in Lot 1 for the first time this season. I have intentions of setting up a DirecTV dish at each tailgate, but was wondering if anyone had experience in this. Are the trees a big issue? Is there any chance of getting HD? Any success stories from this area of campus?

TIA!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lot 1 Satellite Set Up

Aug 13, 2013, 10:48 AM

Depends on where you park in the Lot. If you are in the middle of the Lot, or up next to the tennis courts, the trees are not a problem. Only when you park on the hill close to, or under the trees do they become a problem.

If you decide to park under the trees (I park in the corner closest to Fike), I would have at least 100' of coax cable to be able to position your satellite in order to get a signal. I have to run it all the way up the hill and put my satellite on the corner of Heisman St. and Williamson Rd.

You will also want to point your satellite at the Northwest Corner of the stadium. Hope this helps.

Re: Lot 1 Satellite Set Up

Aug 13, 2013, 10:49 AM

few bad spots with trees there, but the roadside spots seem OK, and point the dish over Lot 4.

Never brought an HD receiver, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

HD receiver needs to hit 2 satellites instead of 1

Aug 13, 2013, 11:08 AM

aiming is a bit tougher.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone done HD? I talked to Direct TV installer last

Aug 13, 2013, 12:16 PM

week and he said aiming an HD without an alignment tool was exetremely difficult.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Out of curiosity, what are you guys using to power

Aug 13, 2013, 11:03 AM

the equipment? Deep cycle battery and inverter or generator? If generator, what kind? and don't the people tailgating near you complain about the generator noise all day long?

Re: Out of curiosity, what are you guys using to power

Aug 13, 2013, 11:16 AM

I use a Honda 2000 generator. Ultra quiet and plenty of power. Never had a complaint. I believe there are DB limits posted somewhere, perhaps on the back of your parking pass.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Also, if you can't figure out how to placate tailgate...

Aug 13, 2013, 11:18 AM

neighbors, you could use some lessons in diplomacy.

Let me give you one word of advice: give.

You'll go far.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Out of curiosity, what are you guys using to power

Aug 13, 2013, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Out of curiosity, what are you guys using to power ]

I also use a Honda EU2000. It's definitely worth the money. It runs at about 56 decibels, which is supposed to be in the same range as normal speech. I put it at the front of our car, and you barely even know it's there. This is what most people use, and I've never had a complaint.

Some others use the Generac Generators, which are a little cheaper than the Honda, and they are much louder.

I do remember seeing the supposed "decibel level limits" for tailgating, and it's somewhere around 65 I think.

I have a Generac and it is as quiet as the Honda.***

Aug 13, 2013, 12:47 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CU TLGTN

^^^ Ditto! ^^^***

Aug 13, 2013, 1:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have a Generac and it is as quiet as the Honda.***

Aug 13, 2013, 1:31 PM [ in reply to I have a Generac and it is as quiet as the Honda.*** ]

I beg to differ. My tailgate neighbor sets his Generac down next to my Honda and it's MUCH louder.

Honda - 46db. http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/honda-eu2000i-generator-carb-compliant/34961

Generac doesn't publish their db ratings. Wonder why.
http://answers.generac.com/answers/1506-en_us/product/xp8000e/generac-power-systems-xp8000e-portable-49-state-questions-answers/questions.htm?sort=helpfula

c&p:
"We do not list the decibel (noise) rating of our portable generators. This is because there is no industry standard for testing decibel ratings on portable generators. Therefore, any results can be misleading or inaccurate.
State: WI - Wisconsin
STAFF
answered 1 year, 11 months ago GeneracWaukesha"

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

An Optima blue top deep cycle marine battery....

Aug 13, 2013, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Out of curiosity, what are you guys using to power ]

Zero noise, zero gas, and significantly less expensive.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You are setting up satellite for each tailgate?

Aug 13, 2013, 11:31 AM

Thank you very much kind sir.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

buy a signal finder and never worry about it again.

Aug 13, 2013, 12:19 PM

8 bucks.

http://compare.ebay.com/like/360511401915?var=lv<yp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic