Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Losing Hobby.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,658

Losing Hobby.

Jan 19, 2017, 3:50 PM

He's been a dang good coach at Clemson. While some think the sky might be falling ,I choose to realize that Dabo has made improvement with every hire. Hobby wants to further his career,wish him .

Maybe he knows that the DC job won't be open at Clemson anytime soon.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yes. ^^^***

Jan 19, 2017, 3:55 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: Losing Hobby.

Jan 19, 2017, 5:01 PM

Man losing hobby hurts and I understand about wanting to coach in the NFL. The problem I have with it is how everything went down. He just left like a thief in the night no warning, notice or nothing. Chris Rumph left in a similar manner. I thank him for all the hard work he put into Clemson, but where is the common courtesy to the school, head coach, and fans that you claim to love so so much. I'm just venting nothing personal. No breston Buckner isnt going to take the job. Go tigers

LOL. a better opportunity arose. give it a rest***

Jan 19, 2017, 5:12 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 19, 2017, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Losing Hobby. ]

I have no reason to think Hobby left "like a thief in the night". We really have no idea when he first told Dabo that he was talking to the jags, may have been days before the public heard the rumors.

Do you have some inside info on that?

Jan 19, 2017, 5:22 PM

> He's been a dang good coach at Clemson. While some
> think the sky might be falling ,I choose to realize
> that Dabo has made improvement with every hire. Hobby
> wants to further his career,wish him .
>
> Maybe he knows that the DC job won't be open at
> Clemson anytime soon.

The DC job at Clemson isn't going to open anytime soon. Clemson just signed Jake Venables and I think he knew that job was filled for the foreseeable future. Hobby's a smart guy and a justifiably ambitious one and he did what he had to do to advance his career. I doubt it was an easy decision.

The thing is, he was also earning $500K a year...to coach guys like Christian Wilkins, Clelin Ferrell, Austin Bryant, and Xavier Kelly. And Clemson had not lost a coach since Chad Morris in 2014...who went to SMU as a head coach.

That kind of money, and that kind of job security, does not happen a lot in college football or even the NFL. By now you can rest assured virtually every coach in America knows Clemson is among the Absolute Most Cherry of coaching gigs; Dabo's fax machine is undoubtedly groaning under the strain of all the resumes arriving on it.

We'll get an elite D-line coach. You can pretty much count on that. Dabo's hires have all pretty much been out of the park; he was able to convince top coaches to come work with him when he was new and unproven and didn't have nearly the open bankbook behind him he has now; now that he has all that it's more a question of who fits the best because he can literally have virtually any DL coach in America he cares to.

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,658
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic