Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Losing ANOTHER player to transfer
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Losing ANOTHER player to transfer

Apr 16, 2019, 11:45 AM

I’m shocked.

Brad has done and continues to do awesome work as our basketball coach.

Shoot... 2 tournament appearances in 9 seasons.

Love this guy. Hope he gets a lifetime extension.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Losing ANOTHER player to transfer

Apr 16, 2019, 11:54 AM

Are they even going to have enough to scrimmage in practice. What is going on

Apr 16, 2019, 11:57 AM

Nothing is wrong. Everything is perfect, just ask our insider who knows everything.... Judge Keller

I've never said that. Quite the contrary.

Apr 16, 2019, 12:57 PM

We have major issues with our basketball program, as I have mentioned hundreds of times here. The problem is that you and others are unable or unwilling to make the connection between support for the program (funding from administration and attendance by fans) and results on the court. You think that it's all about the coach.

As long as we keep viewing basketball as this side hobby to enjoy when it isn't football season, showing up only when it's convenient and/or we are playing a big name opponent, and remaining at the bottom of the ACC in terms of basketball funding, we will continue having trouble making the NCAA Tournament every year.

The fact that we are a solid middle-of-the-pack ACC team under Brownell, with a Sweet 16 appearance last year, two 20-win seasons in a row, and are highly competitive against teams with much more talent and much better basketball histories, is incredible. Yet people are frustrated and disappointed. Go figure.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

If your profile is correct, I'm assuming you live in ATL?

Apr 16, 2019, 2:09 PM

How many games do you attend a year?

Also, you continue to downplay the success that Brads predecessor had, and by your definition, he had much less "administration" support(Brad has seen major improvements in his tenure)...OP drove fan support up due to his teams competing at a high level and exciting style of play.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: If your profile is correct, I'm assuming you live in ATL?

Apr 16, 2019, 3:17 PM

OP was fun (better than watching Bowden implode during those dark times) but at the same time it was infuriating to watch GT or even Charlotte run a lay-up drill because they cracked the press and OP had absolutely nothing else in the bag.

You might complain about Brad losing a close game, but OP let you know to walk out 5 minutes in the game because we had no ability to adjust.

Brad's teams are performing a lot better than OP but it is a bit boring. Then again, I snuck over to the center seats with ease during the OP years.... no student side seating, only baseline back then.

I'm not downplaying Purnell's success.

Apr 16, 2019, 3:26 PM [ in reply to If your profile is correct, I'm assuming you live in ATL? ]

I think he did a lot of good for our program. Making the NCAAs three years in a row is no small feat. In fact, it's the only time in our program's history that we have done that (edit: Rick Barnes was the first; thanks GWPTiger for pointing that out).

However, his teams were not built for postseason success, and I don't think that would've changed if he had stayed. He had recruiting misses which were going to result in some lean years ahead, and I believe that is why he left.

Message was edited by: Judge Keller®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Hi there, just checking in to point out Rick Barnes made the

Apr 16, 2019, 3:37 PM

tournament 3 years in a row.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Thank you, that is correct.

Apr 16, 2019, 3:39 PM

I will edit my post now to reflect that.

Re: Thank you, that is correct.

Apr 16, 2019, 3:56 PM

Technically, Brownell was the only one to take the tigers to their 4th consecutive NCAA tournament.

So back to my other question in that post which you seem to

Apr 16, 2019, 5:36 PM [ in reply to I'm not downplaying Purnell's success. ]

be choosing to ignore....

How many basketball games a year do you attend?

You must go to every single game considering the amount of time you've spent on here complaining about "fan support", right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Re: I've never said that. Quite the contrary.

Apr 16, 2019, 2:50 PM [ in reply to I've never said that. Quite the contrary. ]

it has been a mess for a while now. The first renovation of little john was the biggest spending mishap in Clemson athletics history, having to go back in and completely redo the annex has set us back a decade on top of the overall lack of funding.

But I think most people are in the same boat whether they will admit it or not, Clemson Fans don't care much about basketball as long as the football program is dominating.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2019, 12:01 PM

They're having open try-outs for freshman and sophomore students today at Fike . Bring your own water bottles and you must be able to reach the rim with the basketball 2 out of 4 tries .

DB23

Lol @ Tiger Doug***

Apr 16, 2019, 12:39 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 16, 2019, 2:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Losing ANOTHER player to transfer ]

I'll be 69 soon, but I still should have some eligibility. I'm pretty sure I still have my 2"-3" vertical jump which should help. Do we get a Mulligan on those shots? I might need that. I won't mention my race, because I'm pretty sure that might exclude me from consideration. Maybe I'll say American Indian like Elizabeth Warren did and see if that helps.

Apr 16, 2019, 2:20 PM

Dude, I'm only 55, and I've got about 4" on your jump.
Looks like I'm the first Selection, you're next.

The problem is that I can't jump two days in a row. I had to institute a 'one foot on the floor at all times' rule at age 45 because I was damaging my miniscus. Playing basketball was keeping me from working the next day.

That's ok. I can still prevent young athletes from jumping higher than me. Sneaky like a fox. I had a great mentor.

Apr 16, 2019, 12:16 PM

J/K ... we're fine . Move along .

Message was edited by: Tigerdug23®

DB23

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic