Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like the Shyatt years have returned to Clemson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 1

Looks like the Shyatt years have returned to Clemson

Jan 8, 2013, 8:54 PM

basketball. No more competing in basketball for us. :(

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wrong

Jan 8, 2013, 9:17 PM

BB teams are nothing like Shyatt's. He has TWO upper classmen, one of which is a pothead and it shows. Booker can play when he wants to but he missed about 10 easy shots tonight. BB knows he needs scorers but he doesn't have them yet.
This year will be rugged but he'll start winning a lot more next year and beyond.
Playing Duke at Cameron is no easy task so let's not jump the gun with irrelevant analogies.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgtbn_110.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wasting your breath trying to explain actual basketball with

Jan 8, 2013, 9:19 PM

so called fans like this

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL. Biggest and best fan ever!^^^***

Jan 8, 2013, 9:55 PM

I am a huge fan and dude is correct. Just as bad.

Jan 9, 2013, 5:18 AM [ in reply to Wasting your breath trying to explain actual basketball with ]

You're in denial. We will be just as bad next year too.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like the Shyatt years have returned to Clemson

Jan 8, 2013, 9:19 PM

Another idiot

null

Ok, I guess I should have said Shyatt "year"

Jan 8, 2013, 9:27 PM

I believe Brownell is a excellent coach but he has go to step it up in recruiting if we want to ever be able to compete for a NCAA tournament invite again.

And yes this team offensively reminds me of the Shyatt years, sorry.

Still an idiot.

Jan 8, 2013, 9:51 PM

nm

Pot meet kettle.***

Jan 8, 2013, 9:55 PM

You wouldn't know a pot or kettle if it kicked you in the a

Jan 8, 2013, 9:58 PM

nm

Point proven. Gracias!***

Jan 8, 2013, 10:11 PM

^^Michael Jordan^^^

Jan 9, 2013, 11:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like the Shyatt years have returned to Clemson ]

This guy is obviously an expert on basketball. See how he just insults instead of actually making a point. Well done, sir! You make our fan base look extremely classy and intelligent.

It' always been that way with Clemson basketball.

Jan 8, 2013, 9:50 PM

That's why I don't follow it. Too much pain.

I saw a lot positives tonight from a young team playing #1

Jan 8, 2013, 9:53 PM

I think BB is the kind of coach we need...I think he'll stick around for the long haul.

not many positives tonight really***

Apr 23, 2024, 2:11 PM

Their were a few

Jan 8, 2013, 11:22 PM

first 12 minutes of the second half when we pressed we played much better, just got gassed. We're playing with 7 guys right now. Nnoko and Smith are just absolutely raw and playing them tonight would have been throwing them to the lions. I keep waiting for Sullivan to step up, but if he were, he'd be getting minutes over Jennings, so he's not. We have zero front court depth and can't play at a fast pace for long. Losing Blossomgame really hurt this year. He's the type of athlete we lack up front other than KJ. When you are playing number 1 on the road with 3 guys starting their first game at Cameron, and Milt and Book, well, what else did we expect?

I want what your smoking, so i can lower my standards.**

Jan 9, 2013, 5:20 AM [ in reply to I saw a lot positives tonight from a young team playing #1 ]

nm

Wrong

Jan 8, 2013, 9:54 PM

Shyatt's teams were better. Also, the fact that these guys can't shoot isn't a big deal. They are young and will hopefully, eventually learn how to shoot the ball.

Re: Wrong

Jan 8, 2013, 10:38 PM

Stick with football its obvious you know #### about basketball. Pathetic piece of trash.

null

Thanks for your intelligent words. I love it when people

Jan 9, 2013, 11:33 PM

look at my handle and think I know nothing about basketball. You crack me up. I don't care how good of a coach Brownell is, if he doesn't recruit some shooters, the team will not be good.

You should probably lighten up some too. Your anger is unfounded and extreme. It makes you seem unstable.

Jan 8, 2013, 10:18 PM

Two seniors, no juniors, over half the team had never been to Cameron Indoor before tonight. Sure, we looked terrible, but I cannot imagine trying to play in that place - esp. with them defending their #1 spot for the first time.

I think it will be a long year, but we will definitely get better as the season progresses. Next year should be a bit better, if for no other reason than not having to put mister McDonald's All-American on the floor. Brownell should have a very solid team in a couple of years when his guys are upper-classmen, and it will be a bit easier to recruit when we start winning some big games. Right now he's having to sell building up to that, which I'm sure most kids want to win right now.

Re: Wrong

Jan 8, 2013, 10:44 PM

When is he going to recruit some scoters? These guys can't make a point blank dunk let alone a 3 pointer, the guy has been here for 3 years and still no consistent scorers! What is he waiting for?!!!

Jan 9, 2013, 6:50 AM

I am as frustrated as anybody but to put this group in the Shyatt class is ridiculus. With the two injuries it has put a tremendous strain on the program in general. I think we are heading in the right direction with Rooks and the two injured being back next year. Losing Jennings will be addition by subtraction and if we can sign one of the two big guys we have a shot at I think the future could be bright. Having Blossomgame with this team could have made a major difference.

don't forget that Shyatt

Jan 9, 2013, 10:37 PM

lost to Wofford, Yale and Wisconsin-Green Bay in the same season

How's Shyatt doing

Jan 10, 2013, 12:39 AM

this season?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 24
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic