Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like the Backstreets anti-gun DB is gonna be on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 48
| visibility 1

Looks like the Backstreets anti-gun DB is gonna be on

Mar 18, 2014, 3:36 PM

the news tonight. Mandy Gaither reporting. I hope this shuts him down.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why?

Mar 18, 2014, 3:41 PM

I wish no ill will towards the man, clearly he suffered some type of incident and as a result wanted to make a stance. Clearly he was out of line and he will learn a lesson through possible protests/demonstrations and lowered business, but I hope he is able to salvage the restaurant, preserve his livelihood, and grow through his mistakes.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

B/c he's a ######### for thinking concealed carriers are

Mar 18, 2014, 3:45 PM

douchebags.

I hope someday some legally-carrying citizen saves his life, he might change his tune.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe some legally-carrying citizen in the past contributed

Mar 18, 2014, 3:49 PM

to his current opinion?

you are hoping for a miracle,too.***

Mar 18, 2014, 9:04 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I understand why someone would think differently

Mar 18, 2014, 3:51 PM [ in reply to B/c he's a ######### for thinking concealed carriers are ]

But why would you hope he gets shut down? I didn't want Sammy to be kicked off the team because he could learn a lesson from it and football was his livelihood. Similarly, this guy can learn a lesson from this and I hope his livelihood is not stripped away from him. His political views are his own, he just needs to understand that it's not best to degrade others while expressing your own opinion, and I think he is capable of doing that. The way some of you cast judgment and lash out on others is only perpetuating the problem that lies before us. Let's try to remove our emotions and be objective, something the owner was unable to do unfortunately.

Liberals cant have it both ways .. they get new anchors,

Mar 18, 2014, 3:57 PM

writers, etc. fired all the time for some racially or gender insensitive remark .. yet they think they can bash Christian Conservatives all the time without repercussion.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What does calling concealed gun carriers D-bags have

Mar 18, 2014, 4:01 PM

to do with calling out Christians?

It's a stretch, but...

Mar 18, 2014, 5:16 PM

I think he's referring to the feeling that liberals get away with saying all kinds of ridiculous stuff, but when somebody breaks their speech code, they flip their lids. This, some might think, would be an example of the same

Personally, I think it's just an ornery old cuss of a bar owner who doesn't want people carrying inside his bar. It's a little ridiculous that he felt the need to insult everybody who does carry concealed, but I doubt this guy has any kind of political agenda.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems to me you have your own agenda as well

Mar 18, 2014, 4:01 PM [ in reply to Liberals cant have it both ways .. they get new anchors, ]

What the #### does Christianity have to do with his sign?

I don't really know you but if you are a Christian, it isn't

Mar 18, 2014, 4:04 PM [ in reply to Liberals cant have it both ways .. they get new anchors, ]

very Christ-like to wish that kind of harm to someone who simply made a remark...it's strange to break Christianity into the conversation and have that kind of attitude.

Was just using the Christian Conservative moniker as an

Mar 19, 2014, 8:03 AM

opposite of Liberals. Not trying to infuse religion into convo.

We should outlaw people like him from getting married

Mar 18, 2014, 4:05 PM [ in reply to Liberals cant have it both ways .. they get new anchors, ]

and do it under the guise of tolerance and religious freedom.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Religion has nothing to do with this.***

Mar 18, 2014, 4:19 PM [ in reply to Liberals cant have it both ways .. they get new anchors, ]

Dude one of his best friends is a gun dealer - you ppl

Mar 18, 2014, 4:49 PM [ in reply to B/c he's a ######### for thinking concealed carriers are ]

crack me up!

he is one heck of a friend,then. jeez. i think he may be

Mar 18, 2014, 7:12 PM

more of an acquaintance.

Re: B/c he's a ######### for thinking concealed carriers are

Mar 19, 2014, 8:33 AM [ in reply to B/c he's a ######### for thinking concealed carriers are ]

He'd probably testify against them

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

so maybe he will learn a lesson about the "freedom" he has

Mar 18, 2014, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Why? ]

to call out a bunch of folks he knows nothing about.

Ummm

Mar 18, 2014, 3:59 PM

So what you're saying is this man should be penalized because his opinion is different than yours? I'm glad you have no influence in government. It was a classless move on his part, that's it. As usual the media and people that become easily offended as yourself will make sure he learns a lesson from it and I'm sure he will.

He should be penalized because he was a #### about it

Mar 18, 2014, 5:02 PM

Not for having a different opinion. And advocating social censure is a heck of a lot different than using the government to censure somebody.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The issue wasn't the principle of a penalty

Mar 18, 2014, 5:17 PM

As I said, media and strong advocates of gun rights will be sure that his business along with reputation suffer publicly, which isn't unwarranted considering they are entitled to their own opinions as well. The issue is that this man wanted his business to be terminated because he made an insulting remark (which was non-threatening) regarding his thoughts on gun control in his establishment. My question is who would be issuing a formal punishment? If it's a local, state, or federal "government" then we are back the issue of limiting free speech. The man's sign, as it stands, is legal although offensive. He has the right to this belief, the right to lose business, and the right to "invite" being robbed as others may say. You may have a wife and children but I'm still legally allowed to have a shirt that says "I ####!ng hate the idea of traditional marriage" and legally speaking nobody could impede on my right to wear this shirt. Those that want this man penalized simply take offense at what he said and how he said it, which should not be a determining factor.

I wouldn't be so sure...

Mar 18, 2014, 5:30 PM

Obscenity is not protected speech, and as such, some localities have passed anti- profanity laws. So, no, you're not necessarily able to wear a shirt that has the f- word on it anywhere you please.

That's the last thing I want ... Govt has no business in

Mar 18, 2014, 10:27 PM [ in reply to The issue wasn't the principle of a penalty ]

This. I was hoping he gets shut down by lack of business bc he's a jerk .... That is all

He's following the NRA's tactics***

Mar 18, 2014, 4:01 PM [ in reply to so maybe he will learn a lesson about the "freedom" he has ]

What... rational thinking?***

Mar 18, 2014, 10:09 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

According to the constitution....

Mar 18, 2014, 4:00 PM

He's got the right to ban guns from his restaurant.

And I also have the right to

Mar 18, 2014, 4:22 PM

call him an absolute idiot for alienating a lot of potential and current customers as well as making robbers put his business at the top of their list

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

How do you know he's not packing?

Mar 18, 2014, 4:28 PM

It's his establishment.

^exactly douchebags***

Mar 18, 2014, 4:50 PM

Freedom of association

Mar 18, 2014, 4:45 PM [ in reply to According to the constitution.... ]

gives him the right to boycott the restaurant.

It's the also same right that the wedding cake store owner has to decide for whom he makes a cake.

Banning guns isn't the problem

Mar 18, 2014, 4:59 PM [ in reply to According to the constitution.... ]

Going out of his way to insult people is.

I hope not. I love backstreets***

Mar 18, 2014, 4:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Backstreets anti-gun DB- corner or safety??

Mar 18, 2014, 4:25 PM

;)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Good 4 Pete-Bill of Rights at Work- or Social Experiment?

Mar 18, 2014, 4:47 PM

to use speech or not
to carry a gun or not
the decision is yours
and yours only

Get over yourself ppl!

Re: Good 4 Pete-Bill of Rights at Work- or Social Experiment?

Mar 18, 2014, 7:26 PM

A social experiment that - thought it may not sink the business in the long run - will almost certain impact this month's sales?

Sounds pretty stupid to me. Of course, what do I know. I'm not smart enough to own a college bar.

Hope it doesn't shut them down, but teaches them a lesson

Mar 18, 2014, 4:57 PM

Btw, this has nothing to do with the constitution unless the government is trying to force him to take down the sign. Even then, the guy is going out of his way to insult people, not just engaging in political speech. I'm not sure a sign that says "#########" that's clearly visible in a public place is protected speech.

Can't imagine a college bar being "shut down" for that ...

Mar 18, 2014, 5:22 PM

Was it polite or necessary to call people names? No.

But folks, it's a college bar. What would you call someone who went into a college bar legally packing (meaning they were old enough to get their CWP and they were not drinking)? "D-bag" might be strong; "Loser" or "Creeper" might be a little more finessed way at getting at it. But really, most anyone legally packing in a college bar is likely to stick out in a way which will prevent them, from um, scoring or - what do the kids call it these days? - "hooking up"! Which, if my feeble middle-aged mind remembers correctly is the WHOLE POINT of a college bar. That is all.

Right. I doubt people will care enough about it

Mar 18, 2014, 5:34 PM

But most of the people giving this attention are people who've never been to Clemson and who apparently think this place is called "Backstreets Deli." Nobody who goes to Clemson is suddenly going to decide they're never getting $6 liquor pitchers and $3 pizzas again because the owner of the bar is kind of an a- hole.

If I owned a bar or restaurant, my sign would say

Mar 18, 2014, 5:08 PM

"NO CONCEALABLE WEAPONS ALLOWED*"

*Except for the owner and his heavily-armed, well-trained staff.

He is saying it's idiotic for someone going out drinking

Mar 18, 2014, 5:23 PM

to have a gun on them. "Go out" means "partying and drinking" to some people.

I'm a CCW holder and I agree with him. I never carry if there is a chance I could be drinking.

I'm pretty sure the owner is a guns guy too. He just worded things poorly and is getting bad attention. He doesn't deserve to go out of business, he's not even anti-2nd amendment.

He ought to apologize, take the sign down...

Mar 18, 2014, 5:31 PM

and put up a different sign that is up to the legal standard.

I bet that's what he does on the news.***

Mar 18, 2014, 7:01 PM

If I'm not mistaken

Mar 18, 2014, 5:35 PM [ in reply to He is saying it's idiotic for someone going out drinking ]

You can not consume alcohol with a CWP so being in a bar and carrying your weapon would be strange and pointless. Again, his sign may have been offensive but it was not threatening and therefore can not be formally punished.

take the politics to the political board***

Mar 18, 2014, 5:40 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think it is absolutely commical

Mar 18, 2014, 5:48 PM

Takes a lot of guts to post a sign like that when you own a business dependent on the public. He obviously has a strong conviction about not allowing guns in HIS restaurant. Besides guns + alcohol = very dangerous situation. I don't blame him.

And if the sign hurts your feelings - LOL. Get over it.

Re: I think it is absolutely commical

Mar 18, 2014, 7:13 PM

you get over it...it constitutional...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Alright folks it's a bar and it's not going anywhere

Mar 18, 2014, 8:49 PM

We're talking about a place that gets pretty packed on an average Friday or Saturday night and also is (connected to) one of the two bars in Clemson open after midnight no Saturday. Not really the type of place you need or should have a gun.

Not only that, but police are always posted out in downtown on the goin out nights with one of their locations being at the end of the street that the bar is on. He could have probably used better language on the sign, but honestly anyone that feels the need to bring a gun with them when they are going out drinking probably is some type of loser/dbag etc.

Just another example of a libtard speaking without thinking

Mar 18, 2014, 9:03 PM

Too bad he's probably too stupid to learn from his mistake.

Just what Clemson needs - less food and bar options...***

Mar 18, 2014, 10:35 PM

Replies: 48
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic