Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Defensive Ends Shine Again as Tigers Hold Scirmmage In Death Valley
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Aug 15, 2009, 4:58 PM

Da'Quan Bowers and Ricky Sapp combined for five sacks, and freshman Malliciah Goodman tallied two of his own as the Tigers held their second in-stadium scrimmage of fall camp on Saturday. And to no one's surprise, there seems to be little movement in the quarterback battle as the offense focused on running the football. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Punter averaged 45 yards. Pretty good. Can't wait to see

Aug 15, 2009, 5:23 PM

the Sapp/Bowers combo go at these offenses. I'm expecting big things. I'm no football genius, but I have to think having these two on the ends will help with GT's option.

null

Gotta get penetration on the interior line

Aug 15, 2009, 5:38 PM

Sapp and Bowers have assignments against the option so they're somewhat nullified from making the unexpected athletic play ... the wildcard will be the interior DL and how well they can disrupt the flow.

Good info. Thanks. ******

Aug 15, 2009, 7:05 PM

null

Special teams needs to be big for us.

Aug 15, 2009, 5:42 PM [ in reply to Punter averaged 45 yards. Pretty good. Can't wait to see ]

Having great special teams play can win you an extra 2 games. Having bad special teams can cost you dearly.

I never thought Bowden's special teams were great. They were slightly above average(usually) but nothing special. I am hoping Dabo changes that. We need great special teams play.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was it true that Willy Korn is a good FG kicker?***

Aug 15, 2009, 6:23 PM [ in reply to Punter averaged 45 yards. Pretty good. Can't wait to see ]

Re: Punter averaged 45 yards. Pretty good. Can't wait to see

Aug 15, 2009, 7:21 PM [ in reply to Punter averaged 45 yards. Pretty good. Can't wait to see ]

There was NO punting today.

There were a few punts today, one returned a far piece

Aug 15, 2009, 9:24 PM

by Crezdon Butler. At least that is what I saw from the West Zone.

Sounds like another productive scirmmage.***

Aug 15, 2009, 5:24 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

sounds a lot like last year except for there was no.........

Aug 15, 2009, 5:45 PM

QB battle.................definitely not encouraging AT ALL

Re: sounds a lot like 3 weeks to game time--mistakes, not

Aug 15, 2009, 5:57 PM

ready for first game, etc. Well see.Gotta hold your horses and play a game or two before you can pass judgement.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

More focus on running and defending the run which

Aug 15, 2009, 6:19 PM [ in reply to sounds a lot like last year except for there was no......... ]

hopefully, will create a level of toughness we haven't seen in awhile.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: sounds a lot like last year except for there was no.........

Aug 15, 2009, 7:23 PM [ in reply to sounds a lot like last year except for there was no......... ]

I don't understand how anyone can really have any opinion about how things are going this time of year. You can look at injuries, turnovers, and I guess coaches comments. But if the defense does good, then the offense does bad. And vice versa. The coaches make positive comments in August every year at every school. All you can do is wait and see what happens when the season starts.

phebo.........

Aug 15, 2009, 8:29 PM [ in reply to sounds a lot like last year except for there was no......... ]

over 1600 post and only 17 points...nice

the mods delete points, sometimes seemingly at random.***

Aug 16, 2009, 9:15 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Seriously dude...

Aug 16, 2009, 11:20 AM [ in reply to sounds a lot like last year except for there was no......... ]

life is way too short to spend it constantly fretting, b*tching, and complaining.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Maybe it's normal, but sure seems like we have a lot of

Aug 15, 2009, 8:01 PM

injuries. Hope everybody is good to go by game time.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: Maybe it's normal, but sure seems like we have a lot of

Aug 15, 2009, 11:40 PM

Me too, but this time of year everybody is trying to impress, and the wide open hitting takes its toll. I think Dabo has more intense practices, but I don't think the injuries, so far, have rivaled the past. I expect more nick type injuries, but hopefully, nothing serious that would jeopardize our starters. Also, I think you need some "rock your jock" type hitting. It acclimates the players and it sparks better spirit and competition.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Defensive Ends Shine Again as Tigers Hold Scirmmage In Death Valley

Aug 15, 2009, 10:49 PM

How can they judge these QB's when the defense can't tackle them? How will we ever know how they can take a hit in college ball or how nimble they can be in a scramble? I think Dabo should let them hit like every other position so he can see all of the talent they bring to the field. I know Korn can run the ball because I've seen him in action. What about Parker?

Aug 15, 2009, 11:48 PM

The QB's are being evaluated based on their reads, cuts, footwork, and arm strength and accuracy. It is up to the OL to keep these guys from getting hit, so if there is a breakdown, it usually is on the OL for not giving good enough protection. QB's do need to scramble, and hopefully they are athletic enough to get away, but the OL does the blocking, the receivers run the routes, and when all else fails, the QB scrambles for something positive.

Aug 16, 2009, 12:22 PM

Well, the QB had better be able to run the ball, ie, the Spread Option plays, running for a first down, QB draw, etc. Taking a hit is incredibly important as well as reads, arm strength, etc. I remember a recent QB who ran out of bounds short of the first down marker on several occasions to avoid a hit. You have got to go for it in the clutch. I say let the QB's hit in practice to find out who the gamer instinct.

Aug 17, 2009, 9:22 AM

remember that we are predicted to have the best "D" in the conference, and one of the best in the country. Don't judge the offense too much considering that.

Looks like our offense is weak once again

Aug 20, 2009, 1:40 AM

everytime our defense dominates our offense it never means that the defense is good but it has always meant that the offense is unproductive.

Re: Looks like our offense is weak once again

Aug 20, 2009, 7:03 AM

Look at it this way last year we ran the bubble screen every play this year our defence is good.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic