Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like he made it pretty clear...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Looks like he made it pretty clear...

May 29, 2019, 11:15 AM

That they believe the president committed at least one crime but they couldn't indict a sitting president. So, well, confirmation that he's a crook.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Sounded more like he was assplaining to Dems

May 29, 2019, 11:19 AM

That it’s futile to keep up their BS war on the Prez....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was ambigious for a reason.

May 29, 2019, 11:22 AM

IT's exactly like his report. There's nothing new here.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How in the world could you reach that conclusion?***

May 30, 2019, 3:16 PM [ in reply to Sounded more like he was assplaining to Dems ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like he made it pretty clear...as mud.***

May 29, 2019, 11:23 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like he made it pretty clear...

May 29, 2019, 11:27 AM

He knows what he’s doing... trying to take intent out of a president that requires intent.

Ironically the opposite of what happened with Hill-dawg.... putting intent into a president that doesn’t require intent.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you say that so simply that even a country boy can...

May 29, 2019, 11:33 AM

understand? I think I agree with you, that makes me kinda dumb since I'm not exactly sure what you mean.

Re: Can you say that so simply that even a country boy can...

May 29, 2019, 12:16 PM

I’ll try.

The only way to get to obstruction against Trump is if you take intent out of the equation. If Trump was trying to interfere and obstruct the investigation there needed to be intent and in a certain sense motive. That the problem. There was no crime to cover up- thus there’s no motive or intent to obstruct. Trump didn’t want the investigation because it’s intrusive, distracting, and horrible PR... not because he did anything wrong with Russia. Dems are trying to say he was obstructing because they can’t let themselves believe he’s not guilty.

Conversely, Hillary was let off the hook by Comey when he inserted intent into her obstruction investigation. The problem there is that intent isn’t a factor when dealing with classified info. There was clear obstruction with deleting emails, smashing phones, destroying servers, etc etc.

Just ironic, if you ask me, that intent seems to be the tool by witch the scales are being swayed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There is one consistence between Comey's handling of...

May 30, 2019, 9:23 AM

Hillary's crime and Mueller's handling of Trump's investigation. Both assumed a false narrative by claiming exoneration was part of their job.

I agree with the intent motive factor. I think I was first to mention it by citing a SCOTUS ruling of 0-9 against Weissman's investigation into an obstruction case which was overturned by the SCOTUS.

Without an underlying crime it's near impossible according to Alan Dershowitz.

I think he is making his intentions clear.

May 29, 2019, 11:34 AM

There was crimes committed. The DOJ can't indict a sitting president so he punted it to Congress because they have the power to do something about it.

It is obviously NOT a nothing burger like Barr claimed

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I don’t disagree

May 29, 2019, 11:42 AM

It just begs the question of “if they believe he obstructed justice, why didn’t they openly say they came to that conclusion?”

By not coming to a conclusion I feel like the punt to Congress wasn’t actually complete.

I just told Mrs fluff that it’s cool to see in real time how the govt actually works

I have no idea what the answer to that question is.

May 29, 2019, 11:43 AM

Or why phrase it so vaguely like they did in the report "If we believed the president didn't commit whatever we would have stated it here."

Sounds like they were trying to CYA

I like your funny words magic man

I guess we will have to wait and see what happens***

May 29, 2019, 11:47 AM

Re: I don’t disagree

May 29, 2019, 11:52 AM [ in reply to I don’t disagree ]

Mueller said why- To make a charge of obstruction without the benefit of being able to defend it with a trial is not legally right. That is what it boils down to NOT being able to indict a sitting POTUS. Nothing more or less, he said it very clearly, at least to my ears.

He explained that in his statement.

May 29, 2019, 11:52 AM [ in reply to I don’t disagree ]

He said it would be unconstitutional to make a determination that he was guilty if the accused could not defend himself in court.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don’t disagree

May 30, 2019, 11:32 AM [ in reply to I don’t disagree ]

fluffhead said:

It just begs the question of “if they believe he obstructed justice, why didn’t they openly say they came to that conclusion?”

By not coming to a conclusion I feel like the punt to Congress wasn’t actually complete.

I just told Mrs fluff that it’s cool to see in real time how the govt actually works

They explain it in the report. Because a sitting President cannot be indicted while in office, to openly declare that he had committed a crime would be unfair. Because the President, who can't be indicted, could not defend himself or attempt to clear his name in a trial, which is the forum accorded to every American who have been charged with something. "I'm confident that I'll be vindicated at trial" is a statement we've heard numerous times by people who have been charged with something.

As a result, the Report stated that they 'drew no conclusion that the President committed a crime." The list of potential obstruction episodes is merely a recitation of events as opposed to a charging document.

Remember, according to Mueller, they referred the obstruction issue to Congress for investigation. As he said yesterday, the criminal justice system is not the venue for determining the question, rather, according to the Constitution, only Congress can charge the President.

...Trump is a liar. So now it's official.

May 29, 2019, 11:51 AM

kinda seemed like it for quite a while.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like he made it pretty clear...

May 29, 2019, 11:59 AM

He's referring it to Congress and he wasn't that vague. He just didn't expressly say he was referring it to them because that wasn't within his authority and Congress does not need a referral to proceed.

I agree with the first part of your statement...

May 30, 2019, 3:15 PM

but the 2nd part isn't right...at least not if you subscribe to the innocent until proven guilty philosophy.

OJ is innocent until proven guilty.

May 30, 2019, 10:06 PM

Mother ###### is still a murderer, IMO.

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Oh ok....lol***

May 30, 2019, 10:08 PM

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic