Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like Richt is taking the low road on the ThUGA arrests
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Looks like Richt is taking the low road on the ThUGA arrests

Mar 19, 2014, 11:00 AM

He let the arrested players dress out for practice yesterday and issued a mealy-mouth statement on the matter. Something about how people get in trouble everywhere and he's going to love his players even when they do wrong, blah, blah blah.

I guess the Bobby Bowden influence gets stronger with age.

Wouldn't surprise me if he treats this like the kicker BUI last summer in which he continually declined to announce a suspension. He did eventually suspend the kicker for our game, but was hostile to the press on the matter. I guess he can't be bothered with admitting that he is coaching some dumba$$es.

What bothers me about this situation is that it's not like they are "gathering facts". The UGA athletic dept, filed the charges; they have all the facts. Why wait?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

UGa fans are downplaying the seriousness of the offense....

Mar 19, 2014, 11:05 AM

largely because the amount of money involved was relatively small. Perhaps Richt is being influenced by the leghumper rationalization.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: UGa fans are downplaying the seriousness of the offense....

Mar 19, 2014, 11:18 AM

I disagree. many are calling for their heads. richt throughout his tenure has historically handled the matters in a swift and appropriate manner. @ the very least we don't sweep our problems under the rug like other schools.

here's a good article.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/2014/mark-richt-on-arrests/

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2014, 11:26 AM [ in reply to UGa fans are downplaying the seriousness of the offense.... ]

Everybody knows how die hard I am but, I'm going to try and be non bias on this one. Surly if our guys would have done this type of thing. I would be screaming it was only 70 bucks, and it wasn't like they have robbed the bank or held up the gas station. And the last thing that I would want to see, is for them to be suspended for the UGA game. Personally, I would be more on the pay the 70 bucks back, and completing like a 100 hours of community service, or something like that. Very bad judgement on the kids part, but they are just that, kids. And kids make stupid judgements when they feel it was small time coin, and nobody would ever notice. If it had been for thousands, I don't think they would have felt that they would have gotten that much by anyone and wouldn't have done it. Who has never slipped a few bucks out our moms pocket book and left the bigger bills alone. I know I have, and I only got busted once, and that was b/c mom thought my brother had done it. I owned up to it b/c I didn't won't brother getting a whipping for something I had done.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2014, 11:37 AM

I would also like to add that it was the UGA Athletic Dept. that turned this over to the police. I would dare say that a majority (over 50%) of the programs would have not taken that path. Just my opinion ... just glad UGA did.

I am glad we run that type of program. I am also impressed with the way CDS runs the program at Clemson. He seems to care as much about the players development as young men as he does as football players.

We may have to wait until game week to know for sure, but I think CMR's punishment will be more sever than missing practice. (Not like a certain uSC quarterback that was suspended five times and never missed anything but practice. )

Heard this all day yestersay and it's just wrong...

Mar 19, 2014, 1:43 PM

The UGA Athletic Dept had no choice but to turn them in. If the NCAA found out they "handled it in-house" UGA would then be busted for a primary violation of impermissible benefits.

UGA didn't do this because they're so much tougher than everyone else. They had to do it.

70 bucks or 70k

Mar 19, 2014, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Re: UGa fans are downplaying the seriousness of the offense.... ]

A thief is a thief .... And can't be trusted

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

The "it was only a certain amount" argument

Mar 19, 2014, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Re: UGa fans are downplaying the seriousness of the offense.... ]

Is bunk.

They willfully stole from the school. This wasn't some grey line "took an extra dinner" sort of action. It was theft.

And unlike most folks I full expect Richt will suspend them from playing time.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 19, 2014, 11:29 AM [ in reply to UGa fans are downplaying the seriousness of the offense.... ]

that is only because most of them have legal problems of their own. :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like Richt is taking the low road on the ThUGA arrests

Mar 19, 2014, 11:32 AM

Why wait? Why hasn't Dabo gone public with why he suspended his four players? This will cost the parties involved at least one game.....and that's the next scheduled game. I don't understand the hate on CMR.

"I would just say there's always a process that I go through before I make a decision," Richt said. "Sometimes it happens rapidly and sometimes it doesn't. I'm not going to say anything other than if there's something I need to report to everybody, I will."

Where are you getting the one game suspension?

Mar 19, 2014, 11:34 AM

Richt didn't announce any suspensions.

Re: Where are you getting the one game suspension?

Mar 19, 2014, 11:39 AM

No he hasn't but I would be shocked if they did not lose a game for this. The charges were misdemeanors so the school will not take any actions against the students. The punishment is entirely up to CMR. Lemay might be in deeper waters taking a roommates check.

I mostly like Richt...

Mar 19, 2014, 11:38 AM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Richt is taking the low road on the ThUGA arrests ]

He's a good coach and a humble, likable guy.

But he blows too much sunshine for my taste.

Blows too much sunshine?***

Mar 19, 2014, 12:39 PM

Mar 19, 2014, 11:39 AM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Richt is taking the low road on the ThUGA arrests ]

why should Dabo go public with why they were suspended? Whose business is it? They're suspended. They, reportedly, didn't break any laws. He's under no obligation to air their dirty laundry.

Mark Richt will dole out punishment for these guys. His track record is solid in these cases. He also doesn't owe the media any details of the punishment right now.

Mar 19, 2014, 11:46 AM

Totally agree on Dabo and I'm actually impressed he went public with the suspensions at all. Most programs would sweep it under the rug. Richt and Sweeney are of the same breed....they actually care about their players outside of football.

Dabos guys weren't arrested - it's an internal matter. Richt

Mar 19, 2014, 12:52 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Richt is taking the low road on the ThUGA arrests ]

will handle this - his track record is usually pretty good.

But I'm still laughing at these Rocket Scientists - "Hey! We can cash these checks twice! Let's all do it!"

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I do find it funny

Mar 19, 2014, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Looks like Richt is taking the low road on the ThUGA arrests ]

That you think the "why" of our players being suspended not being made known is somehow an answer to the question of your players being suspended.

Mar 19, 2014, 11:41 AM

It took Dabo a few months to announce Sammy's suspension...just saying

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Dabo announced

Mar 19, 2014, 11:45 AM

early on that Sammy would be suspended, but that the severity of the suspension would be decided later depending on Sammy's behavior.

Re: Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought Dabo announced

Mar 19, 2014, 11:49 AM

yall are both right, really. he did make it clear that Sammy would be suspended, but didn't release details until the start of fall camp.

It is rumored that Mark Richt's libido

Mar 19, 2014, 12:50 PM

is approaching Lou Holtz status. In fact he may already be dead & one of Dabo's coach robots.

if anyone is surprised, they have their heads in the sand

Mar 19, 2014, 1:23 PM

Richt is a complete joke. I grit my teeth everytime someone spouts off about him being a good man and all of the other assorted BS that comes from people trying to make him into some top shelf moral example. He's a young Bobby Bowden....looks, talks, acts like they want him to, portrays an image of what they want their daughters to marry, etc., runs a program that is as shady and devoid of character as it could possibly be. They cannot lose enough. Urban Meyer and Richt, in my opinion, are worse than the Petrino's of the CFB world. At least Petrino and his ilk don't smoke screen you with BS. Why he's still running that program in Athens is beyond me. Actually I hope he stays there and the underachieving continues with all of that NFL talent that runs through that shamshow of a program. I hope we kick their #### teeth again.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: if anyone is surprised, they have their heads in the sand

Mar 19, 2014, 2:05 PM

You seem angry...

You should count to 5...

why, does the truth hurt,xboxdog?***

Mar 19, 2014, 2:36 PM

wow......I'm interested in your opinion of

Mar 19, 2014, 2:31 PM [ in reply to if anyone is surprised, they have their heads in the sand ]

Danny Ford then.....please elaborate.

i have more respect for Danny

Mar 19, 2014, 2:52 PM

and the Jimmy Johnson's, etc. of the world who raise hell, curse, chew tobacco, blast officials, and coach with passion even though they may have flaws by the bushel. Danny's teams had discipline in bunches. At least they are real guys who cut some corners at times but never tried to BS anyone. At least they don't put up a front of purity and sanctity that is a complete fraud. Bobby Bowden and Richt are kindred spirits. Both churn NFL talent out by the tons each year yet they lead the nation in off the field issues each year and their teams underachieve year in and year out because of discipline issues and the lack thereof. You give Danny Ford circa '80's time frame UGa's talent year in, year out, you wouldn't have had the off the field crap because they'd be running stadium steps til they puked and we'd have won 4 more NC's probably. Danny may have had some NCAA issues but we didn't have off the field crap by the bushel going on like Meyer, Bowden, and Richt do. UGa needs a housecleaning. That would be a scary program if they had any discipline. There's more NFL talent coming through there year in and year out than virtually any other program in the nation.

Re: i have more respect for Danny

Mar 19, 2014, 3:45 PM

I don't understand why you think Richt is a fraud? Where has CMR cut corners and BS'ed anyone? What program is more transparent than Uga? When his players screw up he's up front about it and generally his punishments are swift and just. It's all laid out for the world to see......and critque. I don't believe there's a HC in this nation that cares more for his players. We are talking about 17-21 year olds here.....it is what it is. They screw up. I can't remember one incident where CMR didn't handle a player issue inappropriately.

Pitiful.***

Mar 19, 2014, 4:46 PM

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic