Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looks like Fox Sports finally figured it out
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Looks like Fox Sports finally figured it out

Jul 29, 2015, 4:13 PM

E$ecPN has alienated the majority of college football fans and united them all against their own brand. They are going to strike now while the iron is hot and start to seriously compete against ESPN in terms of viewers and users. Think of how quickly the rest of the country would hop on the bandwagon once more "anti-SEC" articles and stories are run.

Think about it, FSU gets all the negative publicity when it comes to player misconduct (Not that they don't deserve it.) But stuff like this goes on at ALL SEC programs and several places throughout the country. None of the rapes or acts of violence at Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, and others has been widely publicized.

When a recruit picks an SEC school, it's front page news and gets a lot of coverage. If an equally coveted recruit picks Clemson, the headline is BROUGHT DOWN or never even followed up on with a story or interview. Heck, Tre Lamar's announcement didn't even get a single mention anywhere on ESPN.com, even the Clemson specific page!

If there is going to be an ACC network, I say partner with Fox. Endless revenue. Broader national exposure. The ACC, Big 10, Big 12, and Pac 12 will hold hands and sing "Kumbaya" while the SEC and ESPN roast with chestnuts on an open fire throughout bowl season year in and year out.

First step, Swoffie must go

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/alabama-crimson-tide-auburn-tigers-missouri-nick-saban-gus-malzahn-pinkel-sec-excuses-072315

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looks like Fox Sports finally figured it out

Jul 29, 2015, 4:19 PM

"To hear their coaches describe it, Alabama had to play last year's Sugar Bowl with the equivalent of one arm behind its back against well-rested, clear-minded, satellite-camp fueled Ohio State. Which presumably also explains why Ole Miss couldn't get in the end zone against TCU, Mississippi State could not tackle Georgia Tech's quarterback and Auburn couldn't handle the same Wisconsin team that Ohio State beat 59-0."

Ed Zachary

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2015, 4:31 PM

I started following the Fox CFB site last year, and it's the first place I go for national news.

I like Feldman, and also enjoy Mandel's mailbag.

I also find the Fox page the easiest of the big 3 (ESPN and SI being the other 2) pages to load. Too much junk that takes too long to present on the others.

I'm happy to see another site gain some footing. You're right that non $EC fans have had enough.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 29, 2015, 5:38 PM

I get all the CFB news I need right here on Tigernet.

I like it.

Jul 29, 2015, 4:35 PM

I'll start using them. Haven't been to Espn in a long time.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

I've been trying to

Jul 30, 2015, 12:02 PM

I've been an ESPN viewer since I was a child. Hard to break away, but the time has come

That's a good take.***

Jul 29, 2015, 4:57 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i like FoX tOO, and has 1 less letter in its name!

Jul 29, 2015, 5:24 PM

LOL & GoTiGERS

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks!***

Jul 30, 2015, 12:01 PM [ in reply to That's a good take.*** ]

Semi-related

Jul 29, 2015, 5:45 PM

ESPN is going through a bit of a transition phase right now as Sportscenter ratings drop and their websites are not doing as well. The ESPN-Verizon lawsuit could also mean the end of their stronghold over TV providers. Cellphone/Computer Apps are changing how media is delivered and I, personally, am really looking forward to the day where you only pay for what you want.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll put my cable company on speed dial so that I can dump

Jul 29, 2015, 6:52 PM

the SECheat network as soon as they force the separation.

Great Post! I agree 100%***

Jul 29, 2015, 6:59 PM

But, there is some bias on FOX too

Jul 30, 2015, 9:14 AM

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/jimbo-fisher-claims-sec-west-isn-t-the-best-division-in-college-football-072815

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Si vis pacem, para bellum (if you want peace, prepare for war)
USMC 1980-83
-Camp Lejeune
-Beirut, Lebanon
SC National Guard 1983-2018

Amen!

Jul 30, 2015, 9:24 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2015, 9:35 AM

ESPN has ACC rights until 2027. We can't partner with FOX on anything. The only way the ACC will get a network is if ESPN decides it is worth their upfront cost. I think it is time to concentrate on digital media with ESPN and try to beat the crowd to that format.

null

His premise is completely off base

Jul 30, 2015, 9:36 AM

The SEC has been making excuses for 20+ years.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen

Jul 30, 2015, 12:21 PM

And amen

You lost me with your first sentence.

Jul 30, 2015, 12:26 PM

This board may not like ESPN, but they did not "alienate the majority of college football fans." Try again.

I think YOU should think agin

Jul 30, 2015, 12:32 PM

Anybody who isn't a complete bozo or a fan of an SEC school would agree with me. Do some research. Nearly every college football fan I know has echoed my thoughts as well. You can see it for yourself on any message board. Heck, even the "comments" section on related stories on ESPN.com are filled with people bashing ESPN for their SEC bias, with all the SEC homers coming back and getting defensive.

Try again

ESPN was the most watched cable network last year.

Jul 30, 2015, 1:24 PM

Also every day on this board there are posts about what was said on ESPN. They still get tons of viewers, and had the highest rated broadcast in the history of TV for the championship game. People here claim to not like it, but this board is not exactly a representative sample of America.

Yes, but their numbers have been down consistently

Jul 30, 2015, 1:56 PM

over the past 2-3 years. With the ever-growing popularity of college football now with a playoff, wouldn't one expect the opposite? It's because more and more people have had enough of the bias. If you really think that Clemson is the only fanbase that has a problem with ESPN's "journalism" then you are mistaken

What numbers are down? They were the HIGHEST rated cable

Jul 30, 2015, 2:11 PM

network last year.

HTH

Jul 31, 2015, 8:36 PM

http://deadspin.com/espns-ratings-are-way-down-this-year-whats-the-matte-722030528

they already have***

Jul 30, 2015, 12:37 PM [ in reply to You lost me with your first sentence. ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Incorrect. They have a vested interest in the SEC and fluff

Jul 30, 2015, 1:32 PM [ in reply to You lost me with your first sentence. ]

them at every single possibly opportunity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

its like they thought they (ESPN) could support..

Jul 30, 2015, 12:31 PM

All of their college football revenue from the south east region, while alienating all the other regions and fan bases not tied to the SEC.

I personally, cancelled my premier package and don't have ESPN now. Got so tired of watching college football live with no mention of anything but the SEC.

When I have to have ESPN in the fall for CF games I am going to go with a streaming app for about 20$ a month.

Doesn't make any sense and bad judgment, but ESPN thought that the whole country would gobble up SEC coverage as if it were the NFl. But college football fans are extremely loyal and don't want to hear about other conferences and teams all day long.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 30, 2015, 1:49 PM

The way you change naysayers minds is by proving it. If Fox Sports becomes ACC-centric, then all you get is "ACC-bias." It would be the same bias you see except a different conference on a different network. In my opinion, the college football playoffs will straighten this all out in 4-5 years. Why? Because in that time, we probably will not see a repeat champion and if we do, it will be scattered.

Explanation? Sure!

They are 128 NCAA Football Bowl Series teams. Among them are 5 conferences with at least 14-16 teams with the exception of the PAC-12 and the Big-12. The math indicates that they are more chances for unexpected teams from each of the five conferences to make it into the four team playoff. Not to mention, if we learned anything from the 2014 Florida State team and the 2014 TCU and Baylor teams, undefeated matters regardless of conference. Also, the rankings also will play a role and they serve hold until the final gun of Championship week (i.e. When Ohio State leap frogged TCU and Baylor). Finally, they are 15 Committee members all from different conferences and walks of life voting on this. That means no bias entity gets complete say on who should be in (i.e. ESPN>SEC or Fox Sports>ACC).

At the end of the day, conference affiliation should not matter when it comes down to it. How you do on the field should. Clemson, Florida State, or Georgia Tech or any of the top teams in a conference should be penalized for what the bottom of their conference does week in and week out. Nor should teams like South Carolina, Kentucky, Vanderbilt or any of the bottom teams of a conference benefit from the success of the top of their conference.

True

Jul 30, 2015, 1:58 PM

Not going for ACC bias though, the goal is no bias!

I forget what outrage it was, but I canceled my eSECpn

Jul 31, 2015, 8:51 PM

subscription and deleted the bookmarks to their site on my compute, and refuse go to any of their articles earlier this year. For football games, I will have to figure something out since they have the market on them.

No sign of eSECpn anywhere

Jul 31, 2015, 8:56 PM

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic