»
Topic: Basketball Recruiting Update: Clemson offers 2017 PG
Replies: 21   Last Post: Dec 25, 2014 1:18 PM by: apextiger®
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.


[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 21  

Basketball Recruiting Update: Clemson offers 2017 PG


Posted: Dec 24, 2014 1:23 PM
 

Clemson offers 2017 PG

Read Update »



The 6-4 SG has early offers from

[2]
Posted: Dec 24, 2014 1:54 PM
 

Clemson, Miami(OH), Samford and Western Kentucky.


Like I've said until this improves, Brownell will not have sustained success and judging by the fact this is a 2017 recruit, nothing appears to be changing anytime soon.


somtimes it takes....

[1]
Posted: Dec 24, 2014 2:29 PM
 

A large conference offer before others find out about that person.


Oh, ok yea that's what it is. Yea that's it***


Posted: Dec 24, 2014 9:06 PM
 




You are wrong about this kid-- bigtime talent...

[3]
Posted: Dec 24, 2014 2:34 PM
 

Been getting a lot of interet from high majors like Tennessee and even Kentucky has watched him. Only a 2017 recruit so not a lot of offers yet but they will come. Has a great relatiinship with Richie Riley. He visited this past fall during a football game. Been described as a Rex Chapman type of player at same stage. Scored 39 pts in loss to Clemson target offered 2016 wing Eli Wright. He followed that up the next week by scoring 47 pts. Brad Brownell and Riley watched him play in that tourney vs. Wright. Check it out at that tourney:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lgOjiHTcgGc


Re: The 6-4 SG has early offers from


Posted: Dec 24, 2014 2:35 PM
 

siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiigh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Re: The 6-4 SG has early offers from


Posted: Dec 24, 2014 2:38 PM
 

Wright is a 4 star and he scored 28 vs. Broughton's team so you can see Broughton is real good If he scored high 30s.


Wrong video...

[1]
Posted: Dec 24, 2014 2:41 PM
 

Here it is:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0unFMp0Dups


Impressive for a HS sophomore - may be a blue chip sleeper


Posted: Dec 24, 2014 9:51 PM
 

Thanks for sharing ...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Looks great on these clips - just like they all do.

[1]
Posted: Dec 24, 2014 3:00 PM
 

When he draws some big-time offers, I'll feel better about it - and he may. Until then, I can't help but believe it's more of the same.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken


Re: Looks great on these clips - just like they all do.

[3]
Posted: Dec 24, 2014 3:09 PM
 

I've never been one to take shots at message board posters, but some of you guys that get involved in basketball conversations know very little about the game. There are tons of guards that could play at any power conference school and shine. The bigs are the ones that are hard to come by at this level. It does not concern me that we've offered a guard with no major offers yet, especially when he's 2 years away from being on campus.


I certainly don't claim to know that much about basketball,

[1]
Posted: Dec 24, 2014 4:46 PM
 

but I tend to agree that it is more difficult to find good big men these days. Having said that, we seem to be struggling to find our share of those shining guards you are talking about. To win at this level, we have to have better guard play than we have had, and if those guys are as plentiful as you say, then Brownell has really failed. I realize this particular recruit is a 2017 guy, and he may indeed be a great HS player and garner multiple big-time offers before it is all over, then choose Clemson and become a great player here. Based on Brownell's 4-5 year track record, I have little reason to think that will happen.

I hope I'm wrong. I hope the new arena and facilities will breathe new life into the program, and convince great high school players that we are serious about basketball. I would love it if Brownell is part of that. I'm afraid that the timing is just off for him, however, and he got here too soon to benefit from the renewed commitment before he wears out his welcome.

2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken


Re: I certainly don't claim to know that much about basketball,


Posted: Dec 24, 2014 7:13 PM
 

BULLSH1T!

GET BEHIND THE PROGRAM OR S T F U AND GT FO!!!!


Now that's the Christmas spirit***

[1]
Posted: Dec 24, 2014 7:32 PM
 




LOL!***


Posted: Dec 24, 2014 7:41 PM
 



2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken


What is "sustained success", and

[2]
Posted: Dec 24, 2014 3:38 PM
 

what Clemson hoops coach has ever had it??

Yes, I know ... so what ... we're just that one great hire away from the promised land in basketball at Clemson.

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Re: The 6-4 SG has early offers from

[1]
Posted: Dec 24, 2014 7:34 PM
 

> Clemson, Miami(OH), Samford and Western Kentucky.
>
>
> Like I've said until this improves, Brownell will not
> have sustained success and judging by the fact this
> is a 2017 recruit, nothing appears to be changing
> anytime soon.

Watch the guy's film. Enlighten yourself, because Clemson WILL NOT be the only high major to offer this guy. I am ecstatic that we are the only high major to offer this guy, because we got there first. Others will come, but hopefully the kid has loyalty and this could help us land him. Kid can play.


I hope you are right!***


Posted: Dec 24, 2014 7:42 PM
 



2019 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken


Re: A white boy? What's going on?***


Posted: Dec 24, 2014 8:58 PM
 




Trying to edge out Samford and Western Kentucky in year


Posted: Dec 24, 2014 9:05 PM
 

what? When does that cycle end?


Re: Trying to edge out Samford and Western Kentucky in year

[1]
Posted: Dec 24, 2014 9:56 PM
 

> what? When does that cycle end?

People said same thing about Grantham til he reclassified. We were only high major offer. Some people just have no clue.


It already ended when we edged out Florida and UCLA for


Posted: Dec 25, 2014 1:18 PM
 

Milton Jennings ...

https://rivals.yahoo.com/clemson/basketball/recruiting/player-Milton-Jennings-57580;_ylt=Al4DM6mGcpW2crxb4ubqv8KQrZB4

2019 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg

Replies: 21  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2 Season Tickets, Lower Deck, South Stands, Section H, Row U. $1,900 for both seats (side by side). ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
3493 people have read this post