Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The 2016 football schedule: An early look
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

New Story: The 2016 football schedule: An early look

Jan 19, 2016, 1:59 PM

The 2016 football schedule: An early look

The ACC is doing what the ACC does, which means it’s waiting until the end of January or first part of February to release the ACC Football Schedule. While we don’t know the dates of the ACC portion of the schedule, we do know the 12 opponents that Clemson will face this season and we do know the seven home games and five away games. Heck, we even know the dates of the out of conference schools that Clemson faces. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think we can take Troy and SC State

Jan 19, 2016, 2:04 PM

no matter when or where we play them

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The article says,"we don't even know the dates of OOC teams"

Jan 19, 2016, 6:21 PM

then it gives the dates for them!! Hmmm!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope the ACC doesn't screw us on our Open Date like they

Jan 19, 2016, 2:05 PM

did last year...Putting a cupcake before Conference showdown would be nice too

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just to be clear, they were trying to help us

Jan 19, 2016, 2:58 PM

There was not a person I remember that was upset that we got the bye before the ND game until our guys started to run out of steam late in the season. I think the ACC gave us that to help us prepare for what we all knew was a huge game. It was not by chance and it was not to screw us.

It wasn't good or bad, break was good..

Jan 19, 2016, 3:32 PM

...2 weeks off that early in season was not good (let alone needed).

ACC didn't try to help us there.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's no such thing as a stupid question, just stupid people who ask questions.

The ACC try to help us?***

Jan 19, 2016, 4:41 PM

This year, we will probably have FSU on Thursday after

Jan 19, 2016, 6:17 PM [ in reply to It wasn't good or bad, break was good.. ]

playing Louisville.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said it was BS when I saw it announced...A bye 3 weeks in?

Jan 19, 2016, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Just to be clear, they were trying to help us ]

Complete #########...as was playing at Louisville on a short week

Thanks for the tease...

Jan 19, 2016, 2:06 PM

Had me thinking the schedule came out! Not cool!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NC State should be in the top 5 and the Coots should be lower

Jan 19, 2016, 2:25 PM

Yea, Brissett is gone but they have Jalan McClendon. Dude is a good player. He went off in the Shrine Bowl a few years back. I wouldn't be surprised if he's better than Brissett.

Almost all of the Coots best players are gone and they're switching to new schemes on both sides of the ball. I highly doubt they'll be much better next year than they were this year.

Coots should not even make the preseason top 5,

Jan 19, 2016, 2:29 PM

hardest games for us. Somewhere around syracuse and wake.

While I agree with this mostly

Jan 19, 2016, 3:02 PM [ in reply to NC State should be in the top 5 and the Coots should be lower ]

There are two things that give me pause about them.

One, they play us in November. They will have all their wrinkles figured out by then. They usually get a cupcake the week before which amounts to more time to tune for us -granted that backfired this past year-

Two, they really want to beat us. They will come in motivated. If we go into that game expecting to kill them and not focused we will be in for a rude awakening. We should have beat them by three scores this past season.

Yeah

Jan 19, 2016, 3:15 PM

Alright . Let them be motivated. I hope they and their flock of fans all truly believe that morning that they will beat Clemson .
The beating we lay on them later that day will only sweeten the postseason for us even more .
Coots are straight garbage right now , just enjoy it .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Looking forward to seeing them Tigers in Boston !

Jan 19, 2016, 2:52 PM

Boston is a cool city ...EZ to get around ... good beer, food ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We Are Going To Be Heavily Targeted 5 Times ----

Jan 19, 2016, 2:58 PM

We are the defending ACC Champs and runners-up of the National Title game.
These are the teams really gunning for us.

Auburn
Florida St.
Louisville
Ga. Tech
South Chickenlina

The road games that we play is a must ...must win. Those wins will propel us even higher to where we want to be ....but we still must come away unbeaten to give ourselves a chance.

Re: New Story: The 2016 football schedule: An early look

Jan 19, 2016, 3:00 PM

The times they are a changin. Only one traditonal ACC team on the home schedule.

Jan 19, 2016, 11:28 PM

Hmm... one traditional ACC team? Okay, would that be NC State, Georgia Tech, or Wake Forest? All the others are newcomers, including FSU. (Alright, so I'm an old guy, please don't hold it against me!)

GO TIGERS!!!!

Jan 19, 2016, 11:35 PM

...and please forgive me - I missed the reference to "home schedule". Of course, that would be NC State. However, they've knocked us off a number of times at home when no one was looking, so it's one to watch out for, always.

GP TIGERS!!!

Maguire will miss the Spring with Ankle surgery right?***

Jan 19, 2016, 3:06 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Can't wait to see SC State's band!

Jan 19, 2016, 3:20 PM

That's my real reason for attending the game haha, football is a bonus and easy W.

Re: Can't wait to see SC State's band!

Jan 19, 2016, 3:40 PM

Who is say with a guarantee that the doors at SC State will even be open when we are scheduled to play them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

SC St. is the only school I expect to see taken by the repo

Jan 19, 2016, 11:27 PM

man. For as long as I can remember, they've been in danger of losing their accreditation or closing. They somehow fix it mostly by kicking the can down the road. A few years later, they're back in the same boat again. Rinse and repeat.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Can't wait to see SC State's band!

Jan 19, 2016, 11:30 PM [ in reply to Can't wait to see SC State's band! ]

Yea love when the South Carolina State Marching 101 comes to town...just wish they would put a little more dancing into their performance like this...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yIHOybMCMA

Thats a putrid home schedule. If Auburn would have been a

Jan 19, 2016, 3:32 PM

home game then that would help balance it out.

Re: Thats a putrid home schedule. If Auburn would have been a

Jan 19, 2016, 11:30 PM

Out of all the way too early preseason polls I've seen, none have Auburn even in the others pile.

That's because they play us first...

Jan 20, 2016, 6:44 AM

If ESecPN gave them a good pre-season ranking, it would make us look good when we beat them.

Also, if we get upset by them... goodbye unranked win streak.

Looks like their best chance to get the SEC back with the longest active streak! (And protect the record.)

There is always an agenda.

WISDOM ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jan 22, 2016, 11:19 AM

The sec lovefest continues... Auburn will look clueless trying to stop us! esecpn skeered! Instead of showing game they rerun bama highlights.

One thing is for sure...

Jan 28, 2016, 2:09 PM

Auburn will be ranked by the time they play Bama.

Jan 19, 2016, 4:06 PM

Looks like a tough year except for two games...Tigers needs to be on their A Game. Go Tigers...one at a time....beat Auburn.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Weakest home schedule ive seen in a while

Jan 19, 2016, 4:06 PM

In terms of how those teams finished the prior season. We may not play one ranked team at home this year which will be disappointing but death valley will be rockin no matter what. Louisville and ncst will be our toughest home games with coots a close second behind ncst (rivalry games are always competitive). Auburn, FSU, and GT all away games. Ouch. Not going to be easy but i have confidence we can get it done. Go tigers!

Re: Clemson hasn’t won at Tech since the 2003 season

Jan 19, 2016, 5:05 PM

Clemson has won at Tally ONE TIME since FSU joined the ACC in 1992. That game will again be the biggest game on our schedule. It's another "hump" the Tigers have to get over - winning at Tallahassee. I hope that it's late in the year - maybe 2/3 the way through the season. That will give us time to get our defense "tuned up". Contrary to popular belief, we'll have huge question marks at DE, LB & in the secondary. If he's 100%, I hope Wiggins is used at NB. He locked down that position from the day he walked on campus. NB was an experiment for us all year in 2015. Maybe we'll be ok at DE - decent prospects there. We have two DBs with pretty-good ratings out of HS who could step up opposite Tankersley but they'll need time. It's not just a matter of "reloading" this time. If anybody can do it, BV can.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I foresee at most one loss to either FSU or

Jan 19, 2016, 6:18 PM

maybe Louisville. But honestly, I will not be surprised if we run roughshod on everyone's D and back in the playoffs. I'd be curious who's the strongest in the coastal? Sucks for Louisville they're not in the coastal and have to compete with two juggernauts in the Atlantic.

U of L will not get us in the Valley. FSU is the most likely

Jan 20, 2016, 7:46 AM

team to beat us. I would put the 2nd most likely as GT. For whatever reason, the bees are hard to beat in ATL.

I think we roll Allbarn. Don't see them being able to keep up with our scoring. Would love to see us demolish GT in ATL. We need to get over whatever curse has plagued us there. Time we slew that dragon and cut its dang head off.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Any chance 7 of our last 9 games will be on the road?

Jan 19, 2016, 6:43 PM

In case no one realized it, that's the exact hand the ACC dealt us this past year. 4 of the last 6 regular season games were scheduled on the road, plus 3 post-season games.

Why are we not scheduling the instate cupcake (SCState) the

Jan 19, 2016, 8:07 PM

week before SCAR instead of Sept 17? That's our control and would help a little combat the ACC stacking road games late.

Why have two cupcakes to end the season?***

Jan 20, 2016, 6:15 AM

+1***

Jan 20, 2016, 7:15 AM

TL:DR Thesaurus Edition

Jan 19, 2016, 8:54 PM

Intro - Use "tough" four times to describe all games

1.FSU - Defense and ALL the quarterbacks
2.Louisville - Defense and MAYBE one quarterback
3.Auburn - Use "tough" one time to describe game and MAYBE one quarterback
4.Georgia Tech - Use "tough" two times to describe game
5.South Carolina - ¯\_(?)_/¯
6.Pitt - Use "tough" two times to describe game and defense
7.NC State - Defense
8.Boston College - Defense
9.Syracuse - ¯\_(?)_/¯
10.Wake Forest - Maybe defense
11.Troy - 2015 Record
12.SC State - Marching Band

Sorry, not sorry, to be that guy... But when one adjective is used NINE times to describe something in one article, how does that slip through the cracks?

Still don't see the Coots that high on the list. They lost

Jan 19, 2016, 11:33 PM

their best players. All of them named Pharoh Cooper.

Most challenging? FSU and BC

Jan 19, 2016, 11:06 PM

FSU because they should be our best opponent and its on the road.

BC always plays us tough in Boston. I still expect a win but don't expect a cake walk.

Frankly if we stay focused like we did in 2015 and get past FSU we should go undefeated.

I expect a pretty easy game vs BC. Already a W.*

Jan 20, 2016, 3:42 AM

nm

12-0

Jan 20, 2016, 2:04 AM

I know, it's hard to go undefeated but the Clemson offense will be unstoppable. Yes, we have some losses on D but Coach V has proved its the next man up without much drop off. Opening with Auburn will be tough simply because it's game #1 and FSU on the road will be a challenge. That said, the unbeaten streak at DV continues and the Tigers beat Tech in Atlanta. I'm confident in Dabo. the offense, and Coach V to retool the D; maybe we don't go undefeated but this team will be fierce and I'm not ready to concede losing to anyone.

GO TIGERS!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL coots at 5 - if true we have a truly pathetic schedule***

Jan 20, 2016, 2:38 AM

Jan 20, 2016, 8:01 AM

Is it football season yet? I'm ready !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic