Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looking back at how Trevor/WR weren’t clicking I’d let ETN take over in home state..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 1

Looking back at how Trevor/WR weren’t clicking I’d let ETN take over in home state..

Jun 28, 2020, 5:35 PM

in the last 1 1/2 quarters and show what he was capable of & wanted to do to show that his decision to attend Clemson (vs LSU) was valid.

Remember the time Tommy Bowden didn’t put Reggie Meriweather back in game near end of 4th quarter vs Coots when he was gaining 3, 5 & 8 yds a carry (it seemed) since CJ & Davis were spent.

and the Clemson fans chanted..Reggie, Reggie, Reggie!

Oh, we lost..both games.

Yep, that’s what I’d done.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking back at how Trevor & WRers weren’t clicking I’d let ETN take over in home state..

Jun 28, 2020, 6:14 PM

Elliott coached a lousy offensive game that night. Too many passes when they obviously were not working. How do you not go to ET, the hero against OSU? Oh well, been over this before. On to 2020 and GooooooTigers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Looking back at how Trevor & WRers weren’t clicking I’d let ETN take over in home state..

Jun 29, 2020, 1:31 PM

While I certainly agree that getting ETN more touches is always a good thing, I do think it's hard to be too upset with Elliott for this one.

For starters, he did have 20 touches in the game, 15 rushing attempts, and 5 catches. I do think specifically, we should've had opportunities to use him more early in the 3rd after we cut the lead to 3, and even after we were back down by 10.

However, it's hard to blame him for continuing to trust that arguably the best QB in the country with arguably the best group of receivers in the country would eventually snap out of it and play the way we were used to seeing them play.

We know how things turned out, and we all wish we had done something different. However, say when we were down 28-25 with the ball in the 3rd that we had ran the ball 2 straight times to start that drive and gotten stuffed, and then failed to convert a 3rd and 8 or whatever. I think people could instead be asking why we were so predictable and didn't use our future #1 overall pick at QB along with our elite receivers to mix things up.

Re: Looking back at how Trevor/WR weren’t clicking I’d let ETN take over in home state..

Jun 29, 2020, 11:55 AM

Yeah, you gotta go with who is hot.

Replies: 3
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic