Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looking at getting a lab puppy to keep Cole young
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 405

Looking at getting a lab puppy to keep Cole young

May 7, 2019, 11:14 AM

and hopefully learn from Cole.

I was looking for a female because I remember reading that somewhere that's the best method with staggering doggos, alternating male/female.

Greenr, both your goldens are boys, any issues?

There's a litter of pups just born, the one black female is accounted for, but there are three black male puppers looking for a home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Completely unrelated

May 7, 2019, 11:20 AM

But the only thing I dislike about a female dog is they kill the grass. They are superior in every single other way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

we got a female pup when our male was 5

May 7, 2019, 11:24 AM

I think he’s happier overall, seemed to work out....for the dogs. Granted, I don’t feel bad leaving them home alone anymore since they’ve got each other, so that’s nice.

I don’t think I want inside dogs anymore after these two are gone though.

I’ll add, I wouldn’t get a male if I were you. My parents got a male puppy about the same time we got our female, the males don’t get along very well.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The amount of hair is a concern, think we might

May 7, 2019, 11:25 AM

invest in a Roomba, haha.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We?***

May 7, 2019, 11:27 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We?***

May 7, 2019, 11:30 AM

My partner and I, we.

Congrats to you

May 7, 2019, 11:31 AM

and clemsonrulez08®

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ugh if it were him then we'd be getting a GSP.***

May 7, 2019, 11:32 AM

AND WE WOULD ALL BE HAPPY TOGETHER***

May 7, 2019, 12:17 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

If hair is a concern, don't get another dog. It is a

May 7, 2019, 11:28 AM [ in reply to The amount of hair is a concern, think we might ]

non-linear increase in hair per dog. Also, per the Jounge yesterday, Roomba's suck with pet hair.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The whole keeping Cole young and pupper learning from

May 7, 2019, 11:32 AM

Cole are pretty high priority though. That, and so I'm not completely devastated whenever Cole dies. He turns 10 in July.

All that the new puppy will learn from the old dog are

May 7, 2019, 1:01 PM

any of Cole's bad habits.

We've done that old dog/new dogs twice, and at this point, I'm almost kind of ready to not have any dogs any more.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haha, Cole's worst habit is his allergies, so I hope the

May 7, 2019, 1:06 PM

pup couldn't learn those!

I love dogs too much to go without, I bet you'd feel an emptiness if you went without them for too long.

Got 3, 2 boys and a girl. Gonna breed the two youngest soon

May 7, 2019, 11:25 AM

and you should hold out until you can buy one of mine (Hopefully Christmas time)

Oldest is 7
Middle is 3
Youngest (girl) is 1

Zero issues with fighting or anything like that. Goldens are lovable retards though, much like a certain blogger, just without the massive cock

Unless if somehow your goldens will give a black golden

May 7, 2019, 11:29 AM

then we're sticking with black labs. That, or wait for Cole to die and then switch color of shedded hair.

I feel like Goldens & Labs are similar enough then two males won't be an issue.

Depends on the dogs. My sisters golden and my parents

May 7, 2019, 11:33 AM

Got along fine until the puppy was about a year old. Now he ain’t trying to deal with the other ones ####. Sisters golden is aggressive towards my rottie though, so there’s that. All of them get along great with my female.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We ARE talking dogs and not kids....right?

May 7, 2019, 11:30 AM [ in reply to Got 3, 2 boys and a girl. Gonna breed the two youngest soon ]

RIGHT?!!?!?

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lulz. I live in Western York County, not West Virginia.***

May 7, 2019, 11:31 AM

but I don't have a blog***

May 7, 2019, 1:59 PM [ in reply to Got 3, 2 boys and a girl. Gonna breed the two youngest soon ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

always had 2 male retrievers

May 7, 2019, 11:38 AM

that grow up together and get old together

They have their differences but are always best buddies. Deal is doing a good job in teaching Bear right now good (and bad) things

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Not gonna lie. Been thinking about getting another dog

May 7, 2019, 11:44 AM

for the beagle.

He loves playing with the neighbor's collie, but now we have him in that wireless fence so the collie messes with him staying just outside the boundary.

He has been a lot better since we leave him outside while we are gone. Now he's to the point where he rather be outside running and digging and sniffing. He comes in the house when he's hungry or wants to sleep on the couch or with the kids. Other than that he begs to go outside.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

I've had all labs and haven't had any issues having males

May 7, 2019, 2:22 PM

at the same time. I wish i had gotten the second when Ayejoe was around 5 instead of waiting until he was 10+. So i would say do it now.

Ayejoe was a giant doofy black lab and Edisto is a big doofy yellow. They got along great until Ayejoe left us. I wish they had had more time together.

I plan in getting another lab puppy when Edisto turns about 5 (three more years), maybe sooner if i come across the right rescue or situation.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 405
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic