Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Looking For A Clemson Fan's Opinion:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Looking For A Clemson Fan's Opinion:

Nov 4, 2013, 9:31 PM

My friend is a gaycock fan and he said they have the best mascot ever, and that some consider him Heisman worthy. He mentioned that it's name is Cocky and that it's a chicken chained to a piece of PVC pipe. I mean, where else are you going to find that, other than a junkyard?? As far as we're aware, they have the only mascot based on an illegal, inhumane pastime. Is there a Dog Fighting mascot? Bear baying? Not a chance. Heck, the President wants an NFL team to change their name because they're associated with Indians, but then they have USC thumbing their noses at the establishment and cheering for a fighting chicken, chained to a piece of pipe. Where else, other than Tijuana, are you going to find that. That's why he considers their chicken mascot Heisman worthy. He asked me, but I'm admittedly biased, so thought I'd ask you guys.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

As my mother would say

Nov 4, 2013, 9:34 PM

Well that is very.... Unique

Re: Looking For A Clemson Fan's Opinion:

Nov 4, 2013, 9:41 PM

They aren't only gamecock mascot look up Jacksonville st

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh, Jacksonville (Alabama) - I can't believe I forgot that

Nov 4, 2013, 9:52 PM

One... Man, I'll have to let him know. Either way, the real question is, is there another school that carts around a live chicken chained to a piece of pipe, to intimidate the opposing teams and fans? That's why he thinks it's the greatest mascot ever, and quite capable of winning the Heisman next year. Don't flame me bro - I just like talking football! (and Heisman winning football team mascots)

I think he meant Fleischmann worthy. So yes, I'd agree.***

Nov 4, 2013, 9:46 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Clemson Fan's Opinion

Nov 4, 2013, 9:51 PM

I supposed if pushed on it they could keep the name and change the mascot to something having to do with Thomas Sumter from the American Revolution since his nickname was "The Gamecock". But honestly their attitude and manners are so befitting of that ugly, smelly, foul fowl that it is hard to think of something else that fits quite as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Gamegina fits.***

Nov 4, 2013, 9:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

So does gaycock..They'd have to change the mascot, of course

Nov 4, 2013, 10:11 PM

But it would onlyy take minimal changes to their words on their uniforms, equipment, programs and all that. Half their fans can't spell anyway, so they'd never know the difference. You know, the c0cks are unhappy with our Purple Out, they complained and had the shirts taken away, they don't like Dabo and tried to get him fired when a cop stepped out of line, somehow believing Dabo was at fault. They complain about everything we do or are associated with. Wouldn't seem like it'd be that hard of issue to 3itch and complain enough to get PETA involved and get their name changed. Then the real fun would start, as they try to come up with a new mascot that accurately represents their heritage (or lack thereof).

If anything SCAR tarnishes the good name of Thomas Sumter.***

Nov 4, 2013, 10:04 PM

He should rise from the grave and kick their @ss !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THIS^***

Nov 5, 2013, 8:50 AM

The live Chicken mascot is called Sir Big Spur

Nov 5, 2013, 12:17 AM

.....or some crap.......not Cocky

Gamecock mascot could be a pretty cool tradition

Nov 5, 2013, 12:31 AM

if they had a halftime drawing every game and allowed the winner to barbecue, grill or even fry their mascot after the game.

They could possibly claim it as their first, true original idea.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2013, 4:07 AM

Doing some serious research here(Google),Cocky was mentioned as one of the top 25 mascots of all time,but clearly not Heisman worthy.Sadly Clemson's mascot was not mentioned while LSU's tiger( a real one was).
So here are my top 5 favorites,with my favorite being "Ralphie",the buffalo from the University of Colorado.By the way "Ralphie" is a female.Apparently easier to handle.
I also have UGA,"Bevo"(the longhorn from Texas),Auburn's War Eagle,and Chief Nole(FSU).
Sorry "Cocky',no trip to N.Y.

Nov 5, 2013, 5:41 AM

You came to the right place

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 5, 2013, 6:59 AM

I think it is just nasty just like Williams-Brice and the whole area around it. Dirt peckers, shamecocks, coots, whatever they are called. It is all the same to me.

I have thought about it

Nov 5, 2013, 7:31 AM

and believe that usuck should be required to change their mascot name to mosquitos or ticks. Seeing that both are bloodsucking pests that swell up when at their best, and are both prevalent in our fair state of SC!! They would both fit in well at that institution!!

In their defense, their idiotic mascot isnt based on a bird

Nov 5, 2013, 8:47 AM

Its actually based on Thomas Sumters nickname from the Revolutionary War. Good luck finding any gamecock fans who even know this fact. Idiots that they all are.

just 1. choose better friends.

Nov 5, 2013, 8:50 AM

really though, just choose smarter ones!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I usually honor them every week

Nov 5, 2013, 8:53 AM

by stopping by Bojangles.

Time to hit the "ignore" button***

Nov 5, 2013, 9:33 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"something in these hills..." -joe sherman

Sorry, I was just being facetious with my posting...

Nov 5, 2013, 9:41 AM

Pointing out how ignorant it is to come to a rival teams board and ask if we think their player should win the Heisman next year. (On top of that, a player that, had things gone differently, would be playing for us). And we're not even talking about this year. The ignorance of his post inspired me to create my own.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic