Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Look for Ohio St to jump LSU either this week
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Look for Ohio St to jump LSU either this week

Nov 25, 2019, 10:37 AM

or next week assuming they beat Michigan?
Why? Well for one I think its actually justified. But perhaps more importantly it leaves the door open for Bama to potentially slide in at #4 and NOT rematch with LSU. And the jump has to occur in the next two weeks otherwise there's no justification for it after LSU potentially beats Georgia.

I'm not one to buy into conspiracy theories but this one just makes too much sense. Maybe Bama won't end up in the playoff but moving OSU to 1 just opens the door for the committee to neatly slide them in at 4 IF they decide to include them. And I think it even gives them the flexibility to possibly move LSU back to #1 after the Georgia game if they want to do that.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. They will protect the SEC golden goose from being

Nov 25, 2019, 10:39 AM

bounced out of the playoffs by us in the semifinal. They consider LSU the strongest SEC team, so whatever happens, they will keep them away from us as long as possible.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nope. They will protect the SEC golden goose from being

Nov 25, 2019, 10:57 AM

Agreed. They'll set up a rematch between Bama & LSU it's the best of all worlds. An SEC team is guaranteed to get to the final so the SEC will be happy. Guaranteed a non SEC rematch so the other conferences are happy. If Bama beats LSU it will be a "Saban's greatest coaching job ever" and David slaying Goliath narrative. Either team will play us and you either have LSU vs. Clemson in New Orleans which would be a MASSIVE ratings game or a Clemson v. Bama and while we all know how that will end it seems like the world isn't tired of Bama getting detstroyed and helping Saban realize that as long as they play us he's not catching Bear Bryant and think 2x about seriously riding off into the sunset.

I just don't buy that the committee is really pro-SEC

Nov 25, 2019, 11:18 AM

There's no reason for them I be.

I DO think they want eyeballs on the playoff though and a Tua-less rematch between Bama and LSU doesn't really accomplish that.

Did you think OSU looked impressive vs PSU?

Nov 25, 2019, 11:02 AM

They looked very beatable.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty impressive yeah. The final score was very

Nov 25, 2019, 11:13 AM

misleading as 3 fumbles cost them about 17 points. That game could've very easily been 35-7.

Everyone looks beatable when compared to Clemson but I think Ohio Stats is clearly the best team ive seen this year. I would absolutely pick them over LSU.

don't think it'll happen.

Nov 25, 2019, 11:14 AM

LSU beating a 2-9 SEC team is a lot harder than OSU beating a 8-3 Big 10 team. Just so much competition in the sec. I hope you detect the sarcasm.

Message was edited by: MyfavOrange®

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Look for Ohio St to jump LSU either this week

Nov 25, 2019, 11:14 AM

LSU is going to beat TAM and UGA.

OSU isn't going to jump them at this point.

Also have to factor in the Penn St and Arkansas games

Nov 25, 2019, 11:24 AM

LSU - 2-10 Arkansas, 7-5 A&M, 11-2 Georgia

OSU - 10-2 Penn St, 9-3 Michigan, 10-3 Wisconsin or 11-2 Minnesota

That's a much more impressive slate for OSU. Plus i think they will jump LSU this week or next before the Georgia win becomes a factor for LSU. I could be wrong, but we will see.

Re: Also have to factor in the Penn St and Arkansas games

Nov 25, 2019, 1:13 PM

You are only looking at the next three games.

LSU has Texas, UF, Bama, Auburn wins.

OSU has Wisconsin and Penn State....and those aren't a shiny as they once were.

LSU will be #1 in the CFB barring a disaster.

I'm the assuming the two are already very close right now

Nov 25, 2019, 1:19 PM

Because OSU was ahead of LSU until the Bama win and OSU has a much better schedule down the stretch.

Texas win doesn't look very meaningful at this point. They are 6-5. Is that any more impressive than beating Indiana? Probably not when you factor in the 51-10 score.

Nov 25, 2019, 11:32 AM

If OSU beats Michigan with gusto, they could leap LSU. This Saturday is their last chance IMO.

Regarding final seeding, the committee won't be focused on avoiding an Alabama/LSU semifinal. Their main point is deciding which team most deserves to avoid Clemson. End of story.

The conspiracy theories are complete nonsense. The committee is very diverse for a reason.

Take a look at who is on the committee and try to convince me they are biased towards the SEC.

Oh I don't think they have an SEC bias at all

Nov 25, 2019, 12:49 PM

I just think, if anything, they want better matchups for TV and i do think they would potentially tinker with the seeding a little to avoid a rematch nobody wants to see. As long as they can explain it away, and rationalizing OSU moving to #1 would be very easy, I think it's on the table.

Nov 25, 2019, 12:53 PM

Was discussing this with coworker earlier. I said I thought OSU would jump LSU this week or next (if they beat Michigan) but LSU would jump them back on Dec 8 final poll. Me personally, I would rather play LSU or UGA or Bama or Utah or ___ in ATL then OSU in the NCG. I just think Clemson & Ohio State have the 2 most complete teams.

If we play LSU, I'd rather do it in the semi's, not the

Nov 25, 2019, 1:11 PM

finals since it's in New Orleans.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think our path is LSU in the semi and Ohio State in New Orleans.***

Nov 25, 2019, 1:15 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There it is. Thought it was more likely to happen next week though***

Nov 26, 2019, 7:33 PM

Nov 26, 2019, 7:37 PM

they don't want LSU-BAMA in the semis, I am seeing #1 Ohio State hosting #4 BAMA in the Fiesta Bowl, with #2 LSU & #3 Clemson battling it out at the Peach Bowl in Atlanta

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic