Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Doyel calls out spurrier
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 73
| visibility 1

Doyel calls out spurrier

Oct 1, 2012, 11:59 AM

Possibly (probably) germanic in nature, but worth the re-post if so...

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/20423049/spurrier-needs-to-worry-about-coaching-his-team-not-calling-shots-for-local-newspaper

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Booooom. Blow that fool up***

Oct 1, 2012, 12:03 PM

Re: Doyel calls out spurrier

Oct 1, 2012, 12:15 PM

What I find scary are all the comments about how this sort of article is wrong and how the media is unchecked.

While I don't think Ron Morris is all that good of a writer if he gets fired for his comments I would be very ashamed of USC but I would be just as ashamed if we did this at Clemson. If Dabo was trying to get the cop who gave him a ticket fired I would be just as ashamed. If you don't like Ron Morris don't read him, simple solution instead of getting someone fired because you don't think he is a fan of your program.

The most telling fact in the article was that Spurrier has already done this while at Florida. If you write anything bad about him, he shuns you and tries to get you fired. Great way to go through life.

Just further proof.....

Oct 1, 2012, 12:17 PM

that Spurrier is a temperamental self-serving a$$hat and a BIG crybaby

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Just further proof.....

Oct 1, 2012, 8:17 PM

He will be a lonely old man once his coaching days come to an end. I doubt he will get many visitors in the nursing home, so let him yuck it up while he still can.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Morris is a good writer. Much better than Doyle***

Oct 1, 2012, 12:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Doyel calls out spurrier ]

Oct 1, 2012, 12:21 PM [ in reply to Re: Doyel calls out spurrier ]

Spurrier has done that everywhere he has been. In fact, that's one of the reasons he bailed out on the Redskins so fast. He tried to pull that whiney victim routine with the Washington Post writers, and they told him to go commit an anatomical impossiblity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 1, 2012, 12:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Doyel calls out spurrier ]

I really wish a writer (possibly Morris) would go after SOS and wright a similar article to this for himself. If the paper wants to fire him I am sure he would have a nice case for wrongful termination. You don't have to do anything wrong to make a point and SOS's comments have made that easy.

null

South Carolina is a "right to work" or "work at will" state

Oct 1, 2012, 12:59 PM

which means you can't be terminated for a reason protected by law (age, race, gender, religion, etc.). Otherwise, an employer can terminate your employment for just about any other reason they want and proving that it was wrongful termination is incredibly difficult.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: South Carolina is a "right to work" or "work at will" state

Oct 1, 2012, 5:18 PM

You're absolutely right, but I'm sure he could find a good enough lawyer to keep it tied up in court for a while and probably get a nice out of court settlement.

Should be interesting to see how this one transpires.

I've been told by TigerNet

Oct 1, 2012, 12:15 PM

That Doyel is an idiot hack, whose writings aren't worth using as toilet paper. I bet an exception will be made in this case.

Doyle, Morris and Bart Wright are all hacks.....

Oct 1, 2012, 12:20 PM

but no one, and certainly no Clemson coaches, demanded that they be fired for writing unflattering articles about Clemson.

According to Spurrier, the issue is not so much

Oct 1, 2012, 12:23 PM

About Morris criticizing, but about making up lies. I don't get the paper or read what these writers have to say, so I can't assess the validity of that position.

Re:Morris has not lied. He knows that he can no do that and

Oct 1, 2012, 12:26 PM

get away with it. He does know how to needle the Anointed One.

He's pissed about Morris saying Spurrier

Oct 1, 2012, 12:27 PM [ in reply to According to Spurrier, the issue is not so much ]

poached Ellington from the basketball team. Maybe he didn't. But I can see where it would look like that from an outside point of view.

It isn't enough to be right, it must look right. It didn't look right, and Morris pointed it out.

Either way, it's childish to get so worked up about what some hack columnist thinks. Spurrier has already pointed out many times that he doesn't like Morris and thinks he has no credibility, so it's time to move on. But he just can't let that happen.

Agreed.

Oct 1, 2012, 12:30 PM

Maturity has never been a hallmark of his, that's for sure. He's a smart guy and a heck of a coach, but pretty childish.

dang, thats the same way i feel about the 'ol ball coach.

Oct 1, 2012, 4:31 PM [ in reply to He's pissed about Morris saying Spurrier ]

can't stand him, and it happened way before his usuc days. i will admit,however, that coaching at usuc,with the same s.a. attitude,increased my disdain for him ten-fold.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Some people keep their mouth shut

Oct 1, 2012, 12:45 PM [ in reply to According to Spurrier, the issue is not so much ]

when they don't know what the #### they're talking about.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL.THIS IS THE INTERNET!

Oct 1, 2012, 12:48 PM

are you new to it?

Feel free to "ignore".

Oct 1, 2012, 12:49 PM [ in reply to Some people keep their mouth shut ]

Problem solved.

If only that worked.***

Oct 1, 2012, 12:50 PM

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like a good reason to T-mail a mod.***

Oct 1, 2012, 12:53 PM

Re: Doyle, Morris and Bart Wright are all hacks.....

Oct 1, 2012, 12:57 PM [ in reply to Doyle, Morris and Bart Wright are all hacks..... ]

You guys not think that dabo calling the police chief and telling him the about how the officer handled it unprofessionaly was an attempt to atleast have punishment come the officers way? Just wondering how you feel thats any different.

Dabo did not do anything....

Oct 1, 2012, 1:05 PM

that can be even remotely construed as an ttempt to have the officer fired and any suggestion to the contrary is nothing short of mindless chicken ****.

Re: If you are going to tell one, then I guess you should

Oct 1, 2012, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Re: Doyle, Morris and Bart Wright are all hacks..... ]

tell a good one.

Doyle is still an idiot hack and it shows by his lack of

Oct 1, 2012, 12:24 PM [ in reply to I've been told by TigerNet ]

knowledge of Morris's articles.

The real tradgedy is both Morris and Spurrier are correct. Morris has no place in journalism. There is plenty negative to write about spurrier (NCAA issues, player/coach legal issues, scholarships). There is plenty of factually correct evidence to show Spurrier is a power drunk jerk that would be embarrasing to most universities (except SC-Columbia) It is even becoming apparent that SC-Columbia has an imbalance of institutional power in favor of Spurrier, and for the above reasons Spurrier has no business being a head coach. So, they are both correct in that the other should be shown the door.

no, that's still true.***

Oct 1, 2012, 12:36 PM [ in reply to I've been told by TigerNet ]

well, as long as HE IS HACKING ON A ####, it is ok

Oct 1, 2012, 1:51 PM [ in reply to I've been told by TigerNet ]

all good there...

null

Re: well, as long as HE IS HACKING ON A ####, it is ok

Oct 1, 2012, 2:13 PM

So - let's sum all of this up. What have we learned from all of this? Here's what I see:

1 - Gamecocks SUCK
2 - Spurrier SUCKS
3 - D'ohYell SUCKS

That about it???

Funniest thing I have experienced in this fiasco is one of my relatives, a huge Gamecock supporter (with $$$) called me to get my impression in this matter and what was I hearing. I told him "Sounds like Spurrier is firing everyone that says anything negative about him". I'm not sure that was the answer he was looking for.

:)

Gamecocks an SEC powerhouse?***

Oct 1, 2012, 12:20 PM

I guess Vandy is almost an SEC powerhouse***

Oct 1, 2012, 12:42 PM

SEC teams are all powerhouses.

Oct 1, 2012, 12:46 PM [ in reply to Gamecocks an SEC powerhouse?*** ]

Even Ole Miss.

Re: Gamecocks an SEC powerhouse?***

Oct 1, 2012, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Gamecocks an SEC powerhouse?*** ]

Don't you know everyone 6th place and above are considered a powerhouse in S She She.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Spurrier is clearly out of line

Oct 1, 2012, 12:25 PM

and his threats to pack up and head to the beach sound like a 5 year old. Reporters are hired all over the country to cover and critique the good and bad of all coaches. Spurrier is no different than anyone else. Comes with the territory. If he really doesn't like it he should make good on his threats and leave!

Re: Nearing 70 and still not grown up.***

Oct 1, 2012, 1:25 PM

Re: Spurrier is clearly out of line

Oct 1, 2012, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Spurrier is clearly out of line ]

I bet they couldn't run him off without a major war on Spurrier's part.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re:He could crap on Tanner and Pastides desks and they

Oct 1, 2012, 2:16 PM

would smile.

Apparently Doyel is unaware of what an embarrassment to

Oct 1, 2012, 12:35 PM

journalism The State has already become over the years, notwithstanding what move they make from here forward.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apparently Doyel is unaware of what an embarrassment to

Oct 1, 2012, 1:40 PM

WLTX news here in cootlumbia has/just released Morris from his duties there last week. But, they said it had nothing to do with the issues between Morris and Spurrier. Hmmmmmm!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Apparently Doyel is unaware of what an embarrassment to

Oct 1, 2012, 6:08 PM

Wrong it was not WLTX it was WOLO

dang, the truth must hurt like a ##### obs!***

Oct 1, 2012, 12:37 PM

Oct 1, 2012, 1:20 PM

If Ron Morris had of made any of those statements about Dabo. The comment space would have been full of those same coots screaming for Morris getting a raise for being a hero for the state paper.

And the members on Tnet would be blowing up the

Oct 1, 2012, 4:30 PM

fax machines at The State paper demanding Morris' firing.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Our wide receiver coach has accomplished just as much as your legend."

- The man of a million handles.

we haven't done it for b. wright, so i guess you are wrong.

Oct 1, 2012, 4:38 PM

sure, some fans would, but not near enough for the greenville news ( or any other paper ) to take it seriously. matter of fact, they would congratulate the writer for doing his job!

Not me, i fought a war for freedom of speech

Oct 1, 2012, 4:56 PM [ in reply to And the members on Tnet would be blowing up the ]

so no I wouldn't want him fired for his opinion

Dabo would never do the things that Spurrier does.

Oct 1, 2012, 10:14 PM [ in reply to Re: Doyel calls out spurrier ]

Dabo allows his scholarship football players to participate in other sports (KP - baseball, Nuk - basketball). He doesn't take scholarship players from other sports.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Doyle Hargrave?????????

Oct 1, 2012, 1:26 PM

"I hit 'm 2 good whacks.... the second'un pertnear cut his head in two"

Oct 1, 2012, 1:28 PM

USC should just let Spurrier take his ball and go to the beach. They should know by now that money can buy them success. With enough money, they can get another coach that can hold together the work Spurrier has done at USC. Other coaches back then wasn't willing to put in all the work they knew it would take to build that FB program.

Ron Morris could probably sue, too...

Oct 1, 2012, 1:31 PM

all the people who publish slanderous things about him online. But wait! He can't! He doesn't know who they are...because they don't have the guts to put THEIR real names on what they say.

Careful, your self-righteous is showing...

Oct 1, 2012, 4:24 PM

I see a lot of holier than thou chicanery in this thread from a bunch of folks that have openly called for numerous media-types to have their Clemson credentials revoked - including but not limited to Phil Kornblut, Bart Wright, AND RON MORRIS.

Now I'm not saying Spurrier is 100% correct in his actions regarding Morris. But I know good and well a lot of you on this very board have taken up the exact same cause when it comes to defending Clemson... albeit from not so quite as visible a pulpit.

Are you sure there isn't any hypocrisy going on here?

Turned from Clemson sporting events, probably

Oct 1, 2012, 4:30 PM

But fired from his job? I haven't seen much of that

Clemson

Look closer then the next time Bart pens something less than

Oct 1, 2012, 4:33 PM

glowing about any Clemson related.

Again poor Toogie

Oct 1, 2012, 4:41 PM

This discussion was never about what the fans might or might not do. It was about the immaturity and egregiously self centered actions of one Steve Spurier.

Look closer Toogie... do try to keep up.

You guys were more than happy to drool over another

Oct 1, 2012, 4:43 PM

coach's comments last fall that you typically would only hear from a fan.

Ah the luxury of being in the seat of judgement.

Re: Well Toogie, since you have elevated yourself to that

Oct 1, 2012, 4:46 PM

seat... you'll have to let us know.

There is, however, a book out there you may be familiar with. Says something about knowing a tree by the fruit... etc etc.

Having someone lose income because his own pride is hurt just doesn't seem good fruit to me.

Agreed. ***

Oct 1, 2012, 4:55 PM

The good news is

Oct 1, 2012, 6:51 PM [ in reply to You guys were more than happy to drool over another ]

if Morris is fired, or transferred or anything else due to his tweaking of Spurrier's gigantic ego, the seat of judgement will be international, not just your stupid opinion of a few reactive posts on Tigernet.

This situation has nothing to do with Coach Swinney---gamecock fans and statewide gamecock-heavy media have tried their best to make something out of the ex-Pickens cop getting fired--to no avail. Once the facts were made apparent to anyone with an ability to read and comprehend (despite numerous sensationalistic headlines), the discerning reader, commenter and media pundit have almost to an individual proclaimed McClatchy's issues of his own doing.

But Spurrier's infantile threats and statements are drawing snickers across the US and should something nefarious actually happen to Morris, the anti-Spurrier sentiment---once prevalent across much of the national media--will resurface with new, crass vengeance.

Save your rationalizations and "toddler-ish" proclamations that Clemson fans "do it too".....this isn't about the fans....its about the "ego-prick" Spurrier who gets paid $2 million a year to, amongst other things, deal with the media. Its part of his job. Hyman let him get away with these tantrums and now Tanner is parroting the same fear. You cluckers may not have liked the inclusion of PennSt when Morris was explaining how some coaches can grow too powerful, but he was accurate and his prime example is on the sidelines of every usuck game........until he starts hanging out at the beach.

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You got issues, Shelby05.***

Oct 1, 2012, 6:55 PM [ in reply to You guys were more than happy to drool over another ]

Re: You got issues, Shelby05.***

Oct 1, 2012, 9:52 PM

Stanley saying someone has issues is like Rosie Odonnell telling another woman she is fat

Re: You guys were more than happy to drool over another

Oct 1, 2012, 9:48 PM [ in reply to You guys were more than happy to drool over another ]

On this board you are 100% correct this time. But a blind chicken will find the nest once in a while.

You're FOS...

Oct 1, 2012, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Look closer then the next time Bart pens something less than ]

Water is wet.

Poor Toogie

Oct 1, 2012, 4:36 PM [ in reply to Careful, your self-righteous is showing... ]

Chicanery - The use of trickery to achieve a political, financial, or legal purpose

Oddly, I see no trickery here anywhere. Education lacking again old man?

And oh, by the by, your entire post a shining example of "holier than thou"?

Another sad attempt of the pot to call the kettle black.

Then we are at an impasse...

Oct 1, 2012, 4:40 PM

I say you guys are being holier than thou hypocrits and you say the same of me.

We are probably both right.

Shelby05, do you have any examples of Tiger fans asking for

Oct 1, 2012, 6:55 PM [ in reply to Careful, your self-righteous is showing... ]

the firing of Bart Wright or Ron Morris? Sure, lots of people point out the fact they say some stupid stuff, but firing? I've never seen that. I think you're making that up, like you do most things in your life.

Even if a couple tiger fans mentioned they should be fired, they're not the coach.

And Kornblut? LOL. Even a slimy weasel like you can admit he's a slimy weasel.

Carry on, classof09.

Re: Shelby05, do you have any examples of Tiger fans asking for

Oct 1, 2012, 9:57 PM

Stan do you believe everyone has another account? Dude has been a member since 2001, so why would he need a scok? How many times do you need to be banned till you learn to shut up? Honestly i'd prefer toogie's post and blue caddie's than yours. How many times did you call me army ranger? Did crump finally tell you how stupid you were about that?

Well, Armyranger, you dimwitted boob...

Oct 3, 2012, 7:33 PM

Toogie IS shelby05.

How many times must you be shown that you're a brainless boob before YOU shut up?

Re: Careful, your self-righteous is showing...

Oct 1, 2012, 9:51 PM [ in reply to Careful, your self-righteous is showing... ]

Now what is it that a coot feels he has to raise his shameful face about.

Re: Careful, your self-righteous is showing...

Oct 3, 2012, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Careful, your self-righteous is showing... ]

Yeah.The biggest hypocrisy I see is that youre spending more time with Tigers than coots. Paw envy I suppose.

Makes you wish for a real-life

Oct 1, 2012, 5:14 PM

duel. Pistols at twenty paces. The good old way to solve the transgression of one's dignity.
And, if everybody is lucky they could take each other out and make space for the next yahoo.

Re: Makes you wish for a real-life

Oct 1, 2012, 6:25 PM

IMO, Spurrier is childish, silly, and runs his mouth at the wrong time with little regard for class or good manners. He also is too proud and self-centered, with a huge ego, and responds like a spoiled child to perceived slights and criticism. Unfortunately, I have thought most of the same things about Dabo from time to time. Let's all hear it now; "Coot!!, Coot!!" or "You're not all in" (whatever the heck that really means), if you dare to criticize Dabo, even with facts. Unfortunately, Spurrier never forgets or forgives a remark, even in jest, at his expense. In his whole coaching career, he has relished, lived for, and thrived--no, excelled when he's feuding with another coach. If we don't play our best on both sides of the ball on Nov. 24, he will run up the score if he has a chance. He is definitely certifiable, but I, for one, would rather not p**s him off.

Too bad his offense suck and couldn't run the score up on

Oct 1, 2012, 9:58 PM

Kensucky. 35% pulse, shows what you are dude, not fooling anyone

Re: Makes you wish for a real-life

Oct 3, 2012, 7:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Makes you wish for a real-life ]

Give an example other than the USC is in California speech...you talk chicken...afraid to pi$$ off spurless. lol

Oct 1, 2012, 6:17 PM

The biggest thing I take from this is Ron Morris should worry about being fired, but worry about a crazy coot fan... They are everwhere!

Everyone in SC should be frightened...

Oct 1, 2012, 8:57 PM

..if a football coach has the power to get a writer removed from a newspaper. If Morris has written something that slanders Spurrier, the latter can pursue that issue through the courts. But try to imagine a coach who is infamous for verbally running other coaches in the dirt throughout his career and one's mind *reels*.

Replies: 73
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic