Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lol....listening to Philpott....his co-host just said
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Lol....listening to Philpott....his co-host just said

Jan 12, 2015, 1:08 PM

that he wouldn't be "completely shocked" if the Tigers strolled into Charlottesville and stole a win.................if that happens (and we ALL certainly hope it does), he'll be the ONLY one who's not completely shocked.....UVa currently the highest ranked ACC team coming in at #2 nationally.....

Message was edited by: tigrjm76®

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's full of crap. A win at UVA would be a huge shock.

Jan 12, 2015, 1:13 PM

I love my Tigers, but we don't belong on the same court as UVA. Was thrilled to get that win over Pitt and to make Lou sweat some, but we aren't going to steal this one from this UVA team.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lol....listening to Philpott....his co-host just said

Jan 12, 2015, 1:13 PM

are they really that good? I havent seen them and really do9nt know of any "star players" they have. I've heard nothing about them this year

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Hoos are somewhat overrated

Jan 12, 2015, 1:17 PM

Our boys have to bring the intensity that they had at Pitt

UVa may not have a Jahlil Okafor or ten A-A's like UK has,

Jan 12, 2015, 1:24 PM

but they're playing as a team as well as anybody in the country. Their defense is stifling and while, as I said, they don't have history's greatest offense, they have a much better perimeter game than we do and they're strong underneath.

It'll take the best game the Tigers have played this entire season to beat UVa if the Hoo's continue to play at the level they've been lately

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The Hoos are somewhat overrated

Jan 12, 2015, 8:52 PM [ in reply to The Hoos are somewhat overrated ]

They absolutely are not overrated. 9 teams in the top 20 have lost games at home this season, 3 of those are courtesy of UVA. That team is as legit as they come. Arguably playing better than any other team in the nation right now and arguably a better resume than any team in the nation. Only team in the nation that has a top 5 offense and defense in terms of efficiency. They can hurt you from all 5 positions on the court and you never get an easy basket. They are as legit as they come.

They are going to hurt us bad when we are on offense

Jan 12, 2015, 3:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol....listening to Philpott....his co-host just said ]

They are nastier than us by far on defense, but they also have a little bit of offense to go with it.

I don't think we'll get mauled as bad as we did against UNC, but this is going to be a tough one to watch. They play a lot like us (defense first), but with much more talent.

Jan 12, 2015, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Re: Lol....listening to Philpott....his co-host just said ]

In short: yes, they are that good.

We'll be lucky to break 45 on them***

Jan 12, 2015, 1:16 PM

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: We'll be lucky to break 45 on them***

Jan 12, 2015, 3:57 PM

If we bring intensity, hopefully they'll be in the same boat. I want a game in the 40's.

Jan 12, 2015, 2:16 PM

I will say it will be a pleasent surprise if we were to win, but i expect it to be a close game in the 50s or low 60s. UVA is like us in that they play exceptional defense and grind games out. They are of course better than us on offense. We should have beat them at home last year. It should be a close game

I was at Virginia v Notre Dame game and...

Jan 12, 2015, 4:47 PM

I like 30 minutes from the ND campus so catch a little bit of basketball from time to time in person. For those of you who didn't catch it on TV, these two teams battled like old school Big East. The Notre Dame team will continue to make noise.

That being said, UVA finally woke up went to work at the end of that game. Notre Dame and the crowd was throwing all they could at the Cavaliers - and then UVA decided to go to work (and of course Notre Dame forgetting how to shoot free throws when they matter) - and then it was over.

I would be super shocked if Clemson won. I think it will follow the Louisville ######. The first half two ball control/defensive teams will punch each other. Then once UVA is warmed up they will come out ready for business in the 2nd half and show who is boss.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was at Virginia v Notre Dame game and...

Jan 12, 2015, 8:46 PM

So Louisville showed us who is boss by winning by 6?

Jan 12, 2015, 8:51 PM

Yep. Especially the run they put on at beginning if 2nd half.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2015, 8:56 PM [ in reply to I was at Virginia v Notre Dame game and... ]

You have more confidence than I do. I think this will be a relatively easy win for UVA and it ends somewhere around 60-40. The way to beat them is to shoot over the defense. You look at the teams recently that have played them close and the one thing they all have in common is that they took and made a lot of 3 balls. I don't think we have the team that can do that (as evidenced by our 29% team 3pt average).

If we go 8-23 like Pitt from 3...

Jan 12, 2015, 10:44 PM

We have a chance.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic