Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
College Football Live
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 1

College Football Live

Aug 3, 2015, 2:12 PM

They were showing the odds to win the national championship and Clemson was listed at 20-1. This one guy was talking about how overrated Clemson is because the ACC is too balanced and our defense will be bad. They also weren't sure about Watson's health. They obviously didn't watch ANY of our games last year

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: College Football Live

Aug 3, 2015, 2:16 PM

Ed loser Cunningham also said we won't make it out with our schedule.

hes butthurt he couldn't get his jabs in during the OU game

Aug 3, 2015, 2:20 PM

because we crushed them. When we gave up our only TD with our 3rd string in he did say something idiotic

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Ed the Horse said we were no good? That's par for the course

Aug 3, 2015, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: College Football Live ]

We shouldn't even play Watson because he could get hurt. Signed Mr. Ed. LOL.

Message was edited by: AThomas®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can't stand that guy***

Aug 3, 2015, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: College Football Live ]

Aug 3, 2015, 2:26 PM [ in reply to Re: College Football Live ]

Do you think we'll go undefeated?

Ed has covered more Clemson games than,anyone recently

Aug 3, 2015, 2:41 PM [ in reply to Re: College Football Live ]

I don't mind him at all and I think there are others who would suck even more. I'm not a big fan of sunshine jumpers (Gruden on MNF).

At least he is giving our schedule props.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ed Cunningham and Gary McDaniels

Aug 3, 2015, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Re: College Football Live ]

Are two of the biggest tools in all of CFB broadcasting - can't forget Ole Short n' Skinny tie Jesse Palmer either.

For relaxing times, make it Suntory time

That's not what he said,

Aug 3, 2015, 2:24 PM

Yes he picked Clemson as the overrated team because of the losses on defense and the fact that Watson is coming back from major injury, both of which are legitimate arguments and out of the teams with the best odds we definitely have the most potential to be overrated.

Nobody said our defense "would be bad" and in fact all of them agreed we had the best defense in the country last year so obviously they did watch our games.

Our defense will be a strength

Aug 3, 2015, 2:31 PM

The backups (now starters) played a ton last year and our secondary is very strong

Re: Our defense will be a strength

Aug 3, 2015, 2:36 PM

^^^this

These dumb A's don't know anything about our D.

The secondary will be one of the best in the country which will take pressure off the front 7, who have decent experience from rotation last year.

The O-Line and Kicker our are only real questions IMO

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 3, 2015, 2:41 PM

If you don't think our defense is a question mark you've got your head so far up your ### it's not even funny.

Yes the secondary can take a little pressure off of a bad d line, but not as much as a good d line can take the pressure off of a bad secondary.

If teams can run the ball on us and there QB has time in the pocket it doesn't matter how good our DB's are.

I don't expect us to be anywhere near as good on defense as we were last year.

For us to have a chance at running the table #4 has to not only stay healthy but have a stellar year.

Those deluded trailer-dwelling #### loving inbreds....

Aug 3, 2015, 3:05 PM

and hoping and praying that Clemson experiences a defensive drop-off similar to what the Capons endured last year. Sorry to pi$$ on their parade but it ain't going to happen. Clemson is far more talented across the board and the team has much better coaching.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Aug 3, 2015, 9:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Our defense will be a strength ]

I didn't realize our dline was so bad. One end is on a national watch list, another is a beasley clone, one dt started next to grady Jarrett before a car wreck and the other could be better.

Then of course there's that one 5 star dt/de we'll be able to field, and huggins shouldn't be all that bad either.

Most excited about our LBs tho. Boulware the beast and Steward were 1a and 1a on the d3pth chart.... Yet our MLB Goodsen hits harder, runs faster and is more fundamentally sound.

Wiggins/Odaniel/blanks(fr all american) at Will?

I guess we could do worse?

When you have the No. 1 ranked defense in the nation.....

Aug 3, 2015, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Our defense will be a strength ]

it's perfectly normal to expect a bit of a drop-off the following year. However, anyone who thinks this defense is going to be bad is either completely devoid of any real football knowledge or they're simply lying ot themselves. It is unlikely that Clemson will have the No. 1 ranked defense in the nation again this year but the defense will still be one of the 15 to 25 best in the nation IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what was the coots odds to win it all last year?

Aug 3, 2015, 2:45 PM [ in reply to That's not what he said, ]

Glad I didn't bet on that.

What's the current over/under for coots for wins this year? My guess would be 7...

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Or maybe the watched the multiple games where DW4's health

Aug 3, 2015, 2:25 PM

was a big storyline (or the story). The good news - nothing reported by any reporter matters. Win em all and the rest will take care of itself. Lose even one and we have no one else to blame but our players and coaches.

What about the fans? Can we blame them too?

Aug 3, 2015, 2:40 PM

I think that would be fun.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Nope - fans never won or lost a game. What you or I think or

Aug 3, 2015, 2:44 PM

write or yell at a game never made much of a difference. Now, if fans support a losing coach or losing culture and keep giving $ and buying tickets, etc then those fans aren't helping.

Re: Nope - fans never won or lost a game. What you or I think or

Aug 3, 2015, 2:45 PM

Maybe that's why your program has sucked for 100 years.

Wait, wut?

Aug 3, 2015, 3:13 PM

You're talking about the coots right?

Cause in the last 100 years I know we have at least 1 national championship.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Wait, wut?

Aug 3, 2015, 5:43 PM

Dacockrules has been outed as a coot in disguise.

I pegged him after his first post.

I think you are trivializing the work these students do...***

Aug 3, 2015, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Nope - fans never won or lost a game. What you or I think or ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I saw the fans at Clemson win the 1980 VT game.

Aug 3, 2015, 2:55 PM [ in reply to Nope - fans never won or lost a game. What you or I think or ]

We were not going to win that game but our alumni loved our team so much that it got so loud in the Valley that it impacted the play of the VT team. That is why the Crowd Noise Rule was created in 1981 by the NCAA. Clemson did that.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nope. If the fans had been awesome, louder than ever and

Aug 3, 2015, 3:30 PM

the players sucked, we lose that game. Players and coaches win games. Fans make a difference, but not enough to overcome a sucky performance by the team. Put 200,000 in Death Valley. Won't help the 2010 team beat the coots. That team, that night, we sucked. The fans were awesome

Re: Nope. If the fans had been awesome, louder than ever and

Aug 3, 2015, 3:58 PM

Your program is living proof.

You've always had great fans support and most years your team is terrible.

Right . . .

Aug 3, 2015, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Nope. If the fans had been awesome, louder than ever and ]

LOL.

Aug 3, 2015, 3:09 PM [ in reply to Nope - fans never won or lost a game. What you or I think or ]

Then why does homefield advantage play such a big role

Cricket Chirp Temperature Formula:
Number of Chirps per 14 seconds + 40 = Approximate Temperature

Aug 3, 2015, 4:00 PM [ in reply to Nope - fans never won or lost a game. What you or I think or ]

I love how I get Tmail threats of bans from the mods but a non donor like this obvious chicken troll is able to do whatever he wants....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Of course we can blame fans.

Aug 3, 2015, 3:26 PM [ in reply to What about the fans? Can we blame them too? ]

The lack of fanfocus has cost Clemson many games.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol. "Fanfocus" matters about as much as the halftime

Aug 3, 2015, 9:02 PM

score. I'm an awesome fan. I've won several national fanfocus titles ??

Re: Lol. "Fanfocus" matters about as much as the halftime

Aug 3, 2015, 9:34 PM

You have to be an awesome fan to pull for the chickens.

I hope all of our opponents think like that.***

Aug 3, 2015, 2:40 PM

Yep. Me too. I hope they ALL underestimate us. It'll get fun***

Aug 3, 2015, 3:06 PM

Too bad our opponents' coaches don't watch ESPiN.

Aug 3, 2015, 3:25 PM

Coaches have to fight the players' urge to believe everything ESPiN says except that the SEC is the only way to the pros.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wouldn't we need to be a top rated team to

Aug 3, 2015, 3:41 PM

be overrated? I haven't seen anything that suggests we will start out in the top 5 or so.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Aug 4, 2015, 8:33 AM

Clemson is not overrated. They are ranked in the top 15 and that is about where they need to be to begin the season.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 36
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic