Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What Bama is doing is hurting our recruiting and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

What Bama is doing is hurting our recruiting and

May 1, 2018, 8:08 AM

Hopefully Dabo and these high school athletes are aware of the ploy. Just to hint that Dabo, who does nothing to help our case by refusing to squelch the rumor, might not be here another four years puts doubt in their minds and recruits like knowing the head coach is "All In" when he's asking them to be "All In" so my advice is for Dabo to recognize he has a future here in good times or bad but at Bama a bad season, like a loss or two, without a Natty and they're looking for a replacement for him. So Dabo should talk these rumors down and put the focus back where it belongs

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

never thought about it, but you're right.. thats exactly

May 1, 2018, 8:13 AM

what all this is. There must be some recruit we're currently both going after.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol..

May 1, 2018, 8:18 AM

Bama is telling recruits to come to bama where nick will be gone in 4 years?

What?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Lol.. this

May 1, 2018, 9:16 AM

No worry,

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are you serious Clark?

May 1, 2018, 8:18 AM [ in reply to never thought about it, but you're right.. thats exactly ]

So you think Saban is working to spread rumors that Dabo will eventually leave Clemson and come to Bama just to win a recruit? Nick Saban...the guy that probably has at least 3 or 4 more years, or possibly a lot more?

Let's look at this from the other side now,

If Saban was trying to leak the fact that Dabo would leave Clemson for Alabama just to hurt Clemson's recruiting, wouldn't that mean that Saban would essentially be telling a recruit that he won't be there for said recruit's entire college career? Wouldn't that be just as detrimental?

Crump and B-Meist should be required to hand out tin foil hats as soon as someone registers for the board

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

No.. I think it was professor plum with the candle stick

May 1, 2018, 8:15 AM

In the library

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Ewe don’t have a Clue***

May 1, 2018, 8:19 AM

Is your job as village idiot slow right now?***

May 1, 2018, 8:20 AM

Re: What Bama is doing is hurting our recruiting and

May 1, 2018, 8:37 AM

1: this is pure speculation that Saban is saying this. He may or may not actually be. You nor I know.

2: you probably didn’t have a problem with it when Dabo told Jackson C that Urban only had a few years left......which obviously isn’t true and Tnet would have absolutely erupted had Urban said this about Dabo...

How do you know

May 1, 2018, 8:41 AM

What coach Swinney is doing? Does he text you every day and make you aware of how he is running the program?

Oh, boy....

May 1, 2018, 8:42 AM

Counseling. Some folks need counseling....

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tell 'em striped coot

May 1, 2018, 9:08 AM [ in reply to Re: What Bama is doing is hurting our recruiting and ]

Re: Tell 'em striped coot

May 1, 2018, 9:57 AM

He’s not a coot, look at his post history, most of it is about tOSU. He also joined the day before the 31-0 beat down, presumably to talk #### but that didn’t work out as he planned.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

So he's a nut necklace? Honestly I don't know which is worse***

May 1, 2018, 10:27 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

May 1, 2018, 8:46 AM

You obviously don't understand a thing

May 1, 2018, 9:06 AM

....glad you're not my parent.

I'd tell my son that "rumors" are part and parcel with college athletics and anyone who doesn't think 'Bama will come after Dabo when Saban retires is foolish. But, to make a decision about where to spend 4-5 years of college to play football on a hypothetical that may never come to fruition is completely imbecilic, immature, shortsighted, and not very wise. I'd tell my boy go wherever he feels the coaching staff values him the most, where he feels the most comfortable, and where he is going to have the best chance to be successful.

Put your crazy back in the box buddy. Nobody with a rational mind pretends that he can crawl inside somebody else's head and know what they're thinking. But, fwiw I suspect Dabo is too smart to follow old Nick to 'Bama anyways, it doesn't fit his M.O., his nature, and the people that know him aren't very concerend.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I never said Dabo was leaving but if you think other coaches

May 1, 2018, 9:22 AM

aren't putting it in kids and parents head that Nick Saban is getting old or that he is going to the NFL you're just wrong. But if it comes down to Clemson coaches use Saban's weaknesses as well saying Dabo is who is going to be the next coach at Bama when Saban does leave so don't go there. No im not getting in anyone's head except I shook you up obviously. Another thing your lack of respect for others and your mouth obviously demonstrate I'm not your parent because my kids don't bully or personally attack others and their opinions calling them names

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You don't really expect a man like Dabo to...

May 1, 2018, 10:43 AM

filth himself by being more than honest. He consistently states that he love his job, loves the University, Clemson people and everything else about Clemson. That's impossible, right? Yes, it isn't possible for anyone to love everything in their environment but few of us have the power given to Dabo to change and improve their circumstance as does he.

Look at the changes he's brought about at Clemson. Has their ever been a time when our athletic department and facilities have so radically at a coach's whims? 'Ask and yea shall receive,' has come to life here for Dabo. All he has to do is his job which he is well paid to do.

Dabo has elaborated many times on the conditions which would lead to him parting from us. Each time he has included a hypothetical situation which consist of Clemson not wanting him anymore. He is telling you that you will have to run him off to get rid of him.

My response to your original post was polite and considerate but if you continue to insist on Dabo going further than yea or nay you're going to frustrate yourself.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 1, 2018, 9:14 AM

Reason #1 why Dabo will not replace old Nick is simple. Only a fool would be the 1st to replace a legend, any loss will be viewed as one Satan would not have gotten. You may want to be the guy that replaces the guy that replaced the legend when he is fired.

You're asking Dabo to go against his spiritual nature.

May 1, 2018, 9:42 AM

Just so you know.
Dabo is a Christian. Christians are instructed to let their yeas be yeas and their nays be nays. That means tell the truth in simplicity. Dabo has fulfilled his obligation to Clemson and all our people. To venture far past that will lead to making claims about tomorrow which is not promised.

It is a simple way to avoid telling a lie. How many men have sworn before hundreds of thousand of people that they would or would not do something? It is not given to a man to know tomorrow, even our very existence is unknown because we are all one heartbeat from eternity.

When Dabo was a guest caller on Finebaum's TV program he was led toward the question of whether or not he would take Saban's place someday. Before PF could ask the question straightforward Dabo explained the reason he presently would not seek or entertain a prospective job offer from UA.

Dabo spoke for seconds short of 15 minutes without interruption from Paul. He told the story of five or six years of his life spent in limbo because Bama's people had put him on hold for a job coaching their football program. That included head coaches and athletic department people who promised him a future there.

When Dabo finished telling the story of how Bama had broken many promises to him. They had stiffed him and crushed his heard five times. He even told about being hiring only to be fired from the job before he started work because two of the head coach's sons were going to coach the tight end position.

Finebaum spoke "I guess there's no reason for me to ask if you will return to Alabama to coach."

Dabo said, 'I've learned never to say never.' For that day Dabo left it at that without further elaboration. Over the years since then he has been asked about coaching at Alabama many times. Sometimes he elaborates but he will can not cross the line with God about yea and nay.

Imo, he should tell people he's tired of responding to the question but Dabo is a bit more of a gentleman than me.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You're asking Dabo to go against his spiritual nature.

May 1, 2018, 11:09 AM

If I remember correctly, isn't what you're saying exactly what Saban did? I seem to recall that while Saban was the coach for the Dolphins, there were certain rumors swirling that he was connected to the Bama job to which he said flat out he would not take. Lo and behold, look where he is now. I agree 100%. Dabo isn't going either way because he realizes he's not in control of what happens tomorrow, let alone years down the road.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic