Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Logical Questions on NCAA Drug Testing (long rant)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 2,055

Logical Questions on NCAA Drug Testing (long rant)

Dec 25, 2018, 7:47 AM

If anyone knows the answer to these questions, please fill me in.

1) Why did Clemson have 3 positive results now, yet zero during the season? Per the NCAA, "The NCAA tests for steroids, peptide hormones and masking agents year-round and also tests for stimulants and recreational drugs during championships." So, presumably, there were drug tests during the season, and (especially?) before the ACC Championship. I don't know the current sample sizes or frequency. Were Dex, Zack and Braden tested at any point this season? If so, zero your investigation in on the time between the last drug test and this one. Does Clemson perform its own drug testing outside of the NCAA?

2) Why these 3? This seems like an odd group to be involved in some sort of performance enhancement scheme. If it were all of our DLs or WRs or OLs, then it would make more sense and perhaps point to some sort of group effort. But to think that Dexter (All-American future 1st Round DL), Zack (Not on the depth chart OL) and Braden (Freshman), conspired together is ridiculous. So, why not 4? or 12? What is the connection between these 3?

Actions I would take immediately:
1) I would test the entire team to gather as much data as possible, assuming those results could be kept confidential. This is either a false positive situation or there are more than 3 that are contaminated. The results of this test will point you in the right direction.

2) I would have every substance that has entered their bodies tested for contamination. Protein shakes, salt tablets, etc. Anything that may have been manufactured at a facility that may have also been used to produce Ostarine. This is especially important for 2 reasons: A) Filing the appeal. Historically, appeals have been successful when able to prove contamination of a legal product. B) Education for future athletes on the dangers of injesting products of questionable origin. There is a certification offered on some products that guarantee they are not contaminated. There may be some legal accountability implications if a product Clemson Univ. bought was contaminated (i.e. CU may own a supplement company in the near future).

There is something odd about this entire situation and my brain keeps hanging up on the fact that there were 3 somewhat disconnected players that tested positive. I would bet my house that the B Sample will be negative for at least 1, if not all 3, of these players. If all 3 B Samples come back positive, we may need to hire Sherlock Holmes to get to the bottom of this mystery.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Logical Questions on NCAA Drug Testing (long rant)

Dec 25, 2018, 8:07 AM

It’s the perfect set up disguise. You have one from the non playing roster, one from the playing roster but not much, and one star that plays all the time! It’s covers up that the target was Big Dex!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2018, 9:20 AM

Actually the target was Trevor..... they got the wrong Lawrence

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

Dec 25, 2018, 8:33 AM

I could definitely see a sabotage here, wouldn't put it past some desperate ND fan. It just doesn't make sense that these guys would have a random banned substance and, like you said, it's three seemingly unrelated players.

Besides, Big Dex doesn't need help! I smell a leprechaun rat!

Dec 25, 2018, 9:19 AM

If not a ND fan tampering it’s someone trying to get ND to the championship for better ratings! Remember NCAA headquarters is in Indianapolis!

Dec 25, 2018, 9:22 AM

Excellent post. One connection is broken bones in the foot of Galloway and Dexter .... medication .... supplement? They really need to find what the trace was in.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 25, 2018, 9:27 AM

I hope all players have been tested because if not and we win Saturday this could show up before the Natty.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 2,055
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic