Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
"What are the Gamecocks chances?" Reading article in
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

"What are the Gamecocks chances?" Reading article in

Feb 7, 2014, 6:58 AM

The State today about Kornblut and they mentioning him working a recruit on the phone and asking that question. According to himself, I thought he was such an unbiased reporter and was above What he calls the low life's in recruiting .

He is the chickens best recruiter and has been for 35 years. Shouldn't he just ask where you are leaning and what other schools are a factor? Not, continually plant the seed for his alma mater.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The integrity of professional journalism is rapidly becoming

Feb 7, 2014, 7:09 AM

obscure due to the ever-increasing numbers of those who practice the art, most of whom have little or no training.

Don't believe it? Read any front page of major dailies, watch news or sports shows or listen to the airwaves. I'm afraid the egos of these folks, who I like to refer to as "junkalists," make them think it's O.K. to editorialize...that is, insert personal opinion.

Problem is the public is much more educated than they think, and they lose their effectiveness via their partisanship or predilection toward know-it-all opinions.

Pitiful...absolutely pitiful.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The integrity of professional journalism is rapidly becoming

Feb 7, 2014, 7:58 AM

On this, we agree, totally.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 7, 2014, 8:14 AM

I might go in a different direction gents. Seems the average fan is much more educated now in what is going on. Gone are the days of information that was a week or more old news being read as current.

We now get information, on the hour, and it's hard to tweak things.

Kornblut has been in this game for so long. 30 Plus years? He's had to adapt, but he always knew to walk the middle line or his credibility would be shot.

His popularity, influence or interest for those that follow his words of supposed wisdom is down 80% from just a decade ago.

He's a Gamecock grad, but doesn't show his garnet glasses which is why he's still in the game.

Just one fan's opinion. Great class, by the way, Clemson. Best QB in the USA.

Davy
PS: I come in peace as I have for a long time on this board.

Feb 7, 2014, 10:00 AM

If you think he is unbiased, you are truly delusional

Feb 7, 2014, 11:21 AM [ in reply to Re: The integrity of professional journalism is rapidly becoming ]

I appreciate your opinion, but I have to disagree with the point about his unbiased stance during his career. He shows his feathers regularly, in that he cannot mention any kid without referencing the coots, when many times they aren't even in the conversation. Of course I am more sensitive to his bias than you would be, but the comments made so regularly on here about him couldn't all be wrong.

"Friend me on Facebook".... or give my site another hit.***

Feb 7, 2014, 8:06 AM [ in reply to The integrity of professional journalism is rapidly becoming ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hartins my friend, i'd like to meet the 'educated' public

Feb 7, 2014, 8:11 AM [ in reply to The integrity of professional journalism is rapidly becoming ]

of which you speak.

i'd have to believe if they were many, the "problem" wouldn't exist for any number of reasons.

i think the general public is ignorant & like caesars of old, these 'junkalists' feed the many, the mob, not the few.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heck, they have their own networks. It's easy...***

Feb 7, 2014, 8:14 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You ever see TV shows (Leno?) where they go up to random

Feb 7, 2014, 8:19 AM [ in reply to hartins my friend, i'd like to meet the 'educated' public ]

people on the street and ask them simple questions like, "Who is the Vice President of the US?" or "Who is the governor of this state?". Scary stuff brah.

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

mmhm.***

Feb 7, 2014, 8:20 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Al Gore?

Feb 7, 2014, 9:22 AM [ in reply to You ever see TV shows (Leno?) where they go up to random ]

It's Al Gore isn't it?

What did I win?

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

I didn't ax who invented the interwebs***

Feb 7, 2014, 9:23 AM

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

Bill Gates?

Feb 7, 2014, 9:26 AM

It's Bill Gates isn't it?

Man I'm on a roll this morning

BornCoot is just a Capon hack with an obvious agenda***

Feb 7, 2014, 8:14 AM [ in reply to The integrity of professional journalism is rapidly becoming ]

null

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Sadly it's the opposite

Feb 7, 2014, 9:35 AM [ in reply to The integrity of professional journalism is rapidly becoming ]

The general public is much less knowledgeable than we pretend they are.

That's why organizations like Fox News do so well. Most people just want to hear what they want to hear.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

Now I can see why you are a coot.***

Feb 7, 2014, 9:40 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Now I can see why you are a coot.***

Feb 7, 2014, 9:49 AM

What does having an opinion against Fox News have to do with Coots?

I watch BBC and AlJazeera.

It's amazing to me how self-focused our news is in the US. There is so much else going on in the world - who gives a eff what some congressman says every 5 minutes? We only think some politician's blab is important because they put it on the news.

Agreed.

Feb 7, 2014, 9:50 AM

Drudge Report ftw

Let me guess, you're one of the 10 people

Feb 7, 2014, 9:42 AM [ in reply to Sadly it's the opposite ]

that watch CNN or MSNBC?

Re: Sadly it's the opposite

Feb 7, 2014, 9:52 AM [ in reply to Sadly it's the opposite ]

Stupid left wing POS go home..

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Then you and FGF must be a marriage made in Heaven***

Feb 7, 2014, 1:02 PM [ in reply to Sadly it's the opposite ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Circus and bread, hartins, circus and bread.***

Feb 7, 2014, 1:22 PM [ in reply to The integrity of professional journalism is rapidly becoming ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This has been apparent for many a year.***

Feb 7, 2014, 9:20 AM

Unbiased journalism is hard to find

Feb 7, 2014, 9:54 AM

That's the reason I always really liked Travis Haney when he was the USC sports writer for the Charleston paper. He was always unbiased good or bad when reporting unlike that @$$ Ron Morris that used to write for the State, he always went out of his way to bash our team. I'm sure the writers up around Clemson are just as bias about you guys.

how is that question bias?

Feb 7, 2014, 9:54 AM

He didn't ask "what are our chances". Is there more to the aRticle? If a kid is down to a coUple schools I can see someone asking what are the chanCes of each.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

When he only asks what gamecock chances are then it's

Feb 7, 2014, 1:10 PM

Not equitable coverage and goes against him promoting hiimself as being non-biased.

Just cover the kid and let him tell you what he wants to tell you. Don't try to disguise your agenda in the questioning.

Logic

Feb 7, 2014, 12:05 PM

Logic is just overflowing out of this post.

I disagree. His audience is mainly gamecock readers, and

Feb 7, 2014, 1:09 PM

they want to know where they stand with the recruit. He is not writing for a national audience, he is writing for a largely gamecock fan base. They don't care what Oregon or Alabama's chances are, they care about what SCar's chances are. He is asking the questions that his readers want to know about.

I agree with you this time.

Feb 7, 2014, 1:30 PM

The probability that a kid signs with a particular team diminishes relative to the probability that he signs with other teams.

The probability that 99.99% of USuCk fans don't understand that statement is 100% or "1," as anyone vaguely familiar with statistics might say.

Ignorance isn't a wall it is a vehicle, if you're a moron.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic