Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Local TV News coming out of Cootlumbia today said
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 2,856

Local TV News coming out of Cootlumbia today said

Apr 9, 2020, 6:39 PM

robocalls are down 15% due to the coronavirus. I would have thought it would be even more than that. I could not imagine going to work daily in a cubicle infested building where everybodys JOB is to run their mouth all the time. COVID-19 will probably hit that "industry" hard.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Local TV News coming out of Cootlumbia today said

Apr 9, 2020, 7:15 PM

It don't work with the robot calls, but the broken english calls that use to hound us daily, I made them put my number on a do not call list. The moment I hear that foreign broken english on the other end, I will blow a whistle as hard as I can blow it into the phone, and if they don't hang up with the first blast, they surely do with the second. I bought a NCAA FB ref whistle just for that purpose!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2020, 7:20 PM

I have received zero calls and it is refreshing. The last one I got I asked to speak to someone that spoke English and they hung up immediately.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2020, 9:29 PM [ in reply to Re: Local TV News coming out of Cootlumbia today said ]

52, that is SAVAGE, ??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2020, 10:12 PM

I like that. Of course I collect return envelopes from credit card offers stuffed with junk like newspaper flyers, anything without my name. Oh to be a fly on the wall in that mailroom. I really, honestly miss regular telemarketers, so much free entertainment. Could have made some good money with recordings. Have you tried an air horn 52?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 1:08 PM

I have, the whistle is cheaper and never gets low on air pressure!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 10, 2020, 1:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Local TV News coming out of Cootlumbia today said ]

And it works!!! ;) But I do look at it this way, I didn't give them my number, nor did I solicit their calls in anyway shape or form. And it didn't take me long to realize that saying I'm not interested and hanging up does not work, they will call you right back in 5 to 10 minutes, and I guess with hope that someone else will answer the phone. I got sick of it, I went to the NCAA site to find out the whistle that the NCAA refs use, and I ordered two of them. With about two months of blasting their ear hole, I only get the Bot calls now, and sometimes if you just wait a minute, a person will come in with a H~e~l`~`O, got cha, I blast another earhole. I hardly ever hear my phone ring anymore :)!!!

Apr 10, 2020, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Re: Local TV News coming out of Cootlumbia today said ]

Lol....Seriously?
If so, I honestly believe that tactic should help! ??

I never answer unknown numbers, and

Apr 9, 2020, 8:01 PM

sometimes don't answer those that I know.

Depends on what I'm doing, and whether or not the known caller typically wants to gabfest! lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I never answer unknown numbers, and

Apr 9, 2020, 9:28 PM

Those old rotary dial phones do not even show who is calling - right?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That won't work, with the business I'm in...sales!***

Apr 9, 2020, 9:38 PM [ in reply to I never answer unknown numbers, and ]

Apr 10, 2020, 10:28 AM

I get 8-10 per day.

Apr 10, 2020, 1:11 PM

The NCAA good whistle is like $8-10 bucks, and it will get you put on a do not call list pretty fast!!!

Replies: 12
| visibility 2,856
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic