Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Littlejohn renovations
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Littlejohn renovations

Feb 8, 2014, 12:39 AM

From reports out of Trustee's meeting today, it looks like they are considering perhaps going with another renovation that doesn't make us competitive. I would have hoped we had learned from last time, but maybe not.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can you be more specific? I've been out of the loop at work!***

Feb 8, 2014, 4:17 AM

the last I heard was that they were going to play one year

Feb 8, 2014, 6:33 AM

at the Bons Secours Wellness Center while the tear down Littlejohn and build Littlejohn II in the same place.

Went to the Dean Dome this year. Nothing about that facility

Feb 8, 2014, 9:06 AM

(besides the championship banners and retired jerseys) that gives UNC a competitive edge over Clemson. Littlejohn is alot nicer.

It has a major advantage over Littlejohn and you.....

Feb 8, 2014, 11:09 AM

said it yourself:(besides the championship banners and retired jerseys).

That's what they have that we don't have and that's why they've been so successful - championship titles and a list of great players a mile long.

What will it take for us to ever have that? Who in the world knows.

Huge advantage at the Dean Dome. Refs are on the home team***

Feb 8, 2014, 1:17 PM

There you have it Let's just put up some banners, jerseys

Feb 8, 2014, 3:52 PM [ in reply to Went to the Dean Dome this year. Nothing about that facility ]

and hire a few referees :) much cheaper option

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ignore the coot knowitall

Feb 8, 2014, 9:07 AM

There is nothing in the BOT report that suggests any lowering of commitment to LJ renovations...

Re: Ignore the coot knowitall

Feb 8, 2014, 9:47 AM

Yes. All along they've been calling this a rebuild rather than a reno. Which basically means everything inside the 4 walls is going to be gutted. It's going to be a totally different environment. Additional entrances will be built as well and the amenities will be second to none, Including a club level

Case Study from DRad's last rebuild at GTech

Before -Alexander Memorial Coliseum

During - Rebuild

After - McCammish Pavilion

Club level-

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Feb 8, 2014, 11:08 AM

The Trustee's asked that DRad come back with a small, medium and large renovation option "in case they decide not to go with the $60M to $80M renovation price tag. That indicates to me there is still much uncertainty as to how extensive the renovation will be.

Feb 8, 2014, 11:16 AM

Is there a link to that? I'd love to see what some of the differences might be in what we get for the money.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mississippi Tiger --------- Clemson University - 8 Time National Football Champions - 1900, 1906, 1948, 1950, 1981, 1983, 2016, 2018

Feb 8, 2014, 11:22 AM

I read the report by teh Anderson Independent after the Trustee's meeting. It didn't go into detail about what each option might include. It did quote Bill Hendrix as saying they wanted the three options in case they ultimately decide not to go with the $60M to $80M price tag. Bengalline, who somehow thinks quoting that makes me a coot, must have some reading comprehension issues if he sees "nothing in the report" that they are considering this.

Ok mr knowing all, if you had made a more comprehensive

Feb 8, 2014, 4:45 PM

Statement in yur OP, you would not have recd my comments. Also, the BOT asking for options is intelligent due diligence NOT a lowering of commitment

Feb 8, 2014, 11:26 AM [ in reply to Re: Ignore the coot knowitall ]

Good luck...

The BOT makes decisions behind closed doors.

They play politics too.

I still think we should start fresh with a new building.

Feb 8, 2014, 1:40 PM

Littlejohn has served its purpose. Time to move on. If we do another renovation like the last one, it will be an expensive mistake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Littlejohn renovations

Feb 8, 2014, 2:19 PM

Littlejohn does not need to be redone. If people feel it is so uncompetitive, which it isn't, then go for a nice practice facility and offices. It would be cheaper and have the recruiting effect. We were a perennial NCAA team with this building. Nothing has changed with the building to affect our ability to compete as a program.

Dean Dome may get gutted too

Feb 8, 2014, 4:48 PM

Sounds like UNC is debating the same thing - to either renovate or build a new arena. Will probably renovate, drop the overall capacity and add club seating and suites.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic