Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Plyler's Blog: Thin and Getting Thinner
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Plyler's Blog: Thin and Getting Thinner

May 20, 2015, 9:18 AM

Thin and Getting Thinner

Thin and Getting Thinner
When the final seconds ticked off of the clock in the bowl game last year Clemson's staff knew three of its top four defensive ends had played their last game.

What the staff found out Tuesday was one of the top reserve defensive ends had done the same. Ebo Ogund

Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What about Sterling, he's an EE ?

May 20, 2015, 9:42 AM

http://247sports.com/Player/Sterling-Johnson-36641

isn't he slated for DT?***

May 20, 2015, 9:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Listed as DL

May 20, 2015, 9:51 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/Clemson-Football-Roster

Isn't 93 reserved for BA DE's ?

nope, lots of 90s play inside; josh watson, deshaun williams

May 20, 2015, 9:59 AM

renee moore, brandon thompson...

he was recruited as a DT coming out of hs, but if he can help outside that's great, just haven't seen him mentioned there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Plyler's Blog: Thin and Getting Thinner

May 20, 2015, 9:46 AM

I don't expect we'll see much of Aiken and Rogers. They haven't shown much thus far. They may see some early time but I'd personally expect them to get overtaken by the likes of Bryant and some of the other youngsters at some point this season.

Ferrell's knee issue is worrisome, but he's probably the most-talented of the guys we have remaining behind Lawson and Dodd. Looks like a future NFL guy if his health isn't an issue. REALLY talented, and could play either the weak or strong side. ACL injuries scare me, though.

Yeargen isn't ready yet, IMHO, from what I saw this Spring. Davis isn't nearly ready and needs to redshirt. Register is a work-in-progress who physically looks the part but he's going to have to learn on the fly...really good player, the question was always: what are we going to do with him? Might be an opportunity for him because now his development will be a lot more of a focal point and he could well get fast-tracked. Those three look like mostly weakside ends to me. We need at least one of them to separate and contribute.

Strongside end, IMHO, it's going to be Kevin Dodd, with a very young Austin Bryant behind him, and we may see some of Huggins at strongside end as well, particularly on running downs. A lot of nice-looking players there, but Dodd's only seen spot duty thus far - though he did look strong this Spring - and Bryant and Huggins were without question two of the Top-5 players in this monster recruiting class Clemson just pulled down, guys who would be headliners a lot of years. Young, but very talented. They're going to have to contribute from Minute 1 now...or at least from Week 3, that being when we head on up to Louisville to play the Cardinals Thursday Night in Papa John's.

Really hope Austin Bryant lives up to his billing and comes in ready to play and contribute. It would help us a bunch.

Clelin's knee has been cleared for 2 months.

May 20, 2015, 9:55 AM

He has a chance to be really special. I fully expect him to contribute this year. He would have been the #2 DE this year if he had not been injured.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Plyler's Blog: Thin and Getting Thinner

May 21, 2015, 3:07 PM

LaSamuel Davis****.....

http://www.tigernet.com/clemson-football/player/LaSamuel-Davis-346

"Clemson has been historically better than Carolina. That's pretty obvious." - Classof09

"No one knew we were overhyped until the season started." - Classof09

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic