Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: Former Clemson player waiting on heart transplant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 12
| visibility 1

New Story: Former Clemson player waiting on heart transplant

Jun 17, 2018, 8:01 AM

Former Clemson player waiting on heart transplant

Etta Etta-Tawo’s world was turned upside down just five games into his Clemson career, and after leading a semi-normal life for nearly a decade, his health and world were turned on its axis once again. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Can we start a GoFundMe 4 Etta?!

Jun 17, 2018, 8:21 AM

Since a TiGER!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe he already has one.

Jun 17, 2018, 8:54 AM

www.gofundme.com/ettatawo-heartfund
After a quick search, I think this is it.

Link

Jun 17, 2018, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Can we start a GoFundMe 4 Etta?! ]

https://www.gofundme.com/ettatawo-heartfund

Re: New Story: Former Clemson player waiting on heart transplant

Jun 17, 2018, 9:15 AM

Just gave and I’m challenging all who can to do the same. Let’s show this Tiger some Clemson Family love.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

Jun 17, 2018, 9:29 AM

Ditto - done.
Tiger for life!

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2018, 6:36 PM [ in reply to Re: New Story: Former Clemson player waiting on heart transplant ]

Done, son!

Jun 17, 2018, 9:28 AM

Praying for you and that you will receive a new heart very soon. Until then I pray God will bless you with good health.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 17, 2018, 11:54 AM

I have been through the evaluation for a possible heart transplant and while this is thankfully not the option I need to take, I understand all the ins and outs of what is involved with a heart transplant. I will keep him in my prayers that he will be able to find a heart soon. This is just the first step on a long journey for him. I will also say for him to keep his head up and never give up. Many will be there to encourage him along the way. Whereever he goes I pray they will be encouraging.

My situation is that I was down to a 10% ejection rate fraction out of 55%, not 100% like you might think would be normal. I have since been evaluated being up to 26%, could still be higher now, so still having a good lifestyle with minimal concerns, I chose not to be put on the list. There is something else that will need to be addressed before I could go on the list anyway, but it is treatable. My "resting" pressure is too high which would result in immediate rejection of any heart. One might wonder why not go ahead and do it. Well once you do this, you are on immunity suppression medicine the rest of your life and always at risk for an infection. Not something you do just to be "stronger and healthier". I just got an ICD as a safety net put in and currently recovering from that.

It sounds like he was forced down this path and the alternative is worse than the transplant prospect so I understand what he is going through. Anyone who has loved ones who have been through this can understand. I know the Tiger nation will always offer him support as he goes through life dealing with this.

praying for you!!!***

Jun 17, 2018, 1:01 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: praying for you!!!***

Jun 17, 2018, 7:44 PM

I will also be praying that God will be with you and that His power and strength will be on you. God bless you.

Jun 17, 2018, 1:23 PM

I worked in IT for a major hospital in Alabama for years, and worked with the Heart Transplant department and their software package to process transplant patients (heart, liver, kidney, etc). It is amazing how many people are waiting on a heart (or other organ), and how long they must wait, and all the steps they must go thru to receive those organs to get the right match. Even after receiving the transplant, the process continues for years (or the rest of their life) to ensure that it is working as expected, and the body is not rejecting it for some reason. I earned a new respect for anyone going thru this process, and wish the best for this young man.

Oddly enough, I had congestive heart failure 3.5 years ago and had to retire shortly afterwards. I thought I was going to have to go thru this too. Luckily I managed to just need surgery (and lots of it). One should truly appreciate having their health as it is way more valuable than money or other things.

Jun 17, 2018, 7:47 PM

Good luck, bud.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 12
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic