Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow... a lot of you are doing wonders for our...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 70
| visibility 1

Wow... a lot of you are doing wonders for our...

Apr 2, 2017, 9:11 PM

WBB recruiting. Did I care about the coot's game tonight?... not one bit. Did I want them to win?... not one bit. But that's because of the rivalry - not that I wouldn't love to see our lady Tigers do well. Basically, some of you are saying you wouldn't waste your time congratulating our women if they just won the NCAA Championship.

But, for all the posters denigrating the women's sport as whole, I hope our WBB coach and players do not read the nonsense. And as the father of two girls who participate in sports, I certainly would never make some of the remarks I've read on here.

We swept them in all the major men's sports this school year - are you really that insecure if one of their silly fans comes up to rub the WBB championship in your face? There is a difference in realizing this, and posting some of the absurd comments I've seen.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't care if our women's hoops team never wins...

Apr 2, 2017, 9:13 PM

another game. I don't care about women's basketball.

You might feel that way, but the fact you post it on here...

Apr 2, 2017, 9:15 PM

for everyone to read tells a lot of about your 'sportsmanship'.

Thanks for th chuckle. It wa s real chuckle too.

Apr 2, 2017, 9:30 PM

I don't care about tennis either by the way. Sorry.

When you get through chuckling, tell me...

Apr 2, 2017, 9:33 PM

where I EVER said you had to CARE about any particular sport. The post was about the comments on this board for everyone to read. Do you still not understand the difference?

I got it the first time. Thanks for another chuckle.*****

Apr 2, 2017, 9:34 PM

Uh oh... T_I_P is not gonna like this...***

Apr 2, 2017, 9:46 PM [ in reply to Thanks for th chuckle. It wa s real chuckle too. ]

Haha...I thought about it when I typed that.******

Apr 2, 2017, 9:57 PM

Re: I don't care if our women's hoops team never wins...

Apr 2, 2017, 9:21 PM [ in reply to I don't care if our women's hoops team never wins... ]

You are a pathetic Clemson fan. Or maybe you just like to watch guys.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like quality sports. Bless your heart though.

Apr 2, 2017, 9:34 PM

I watch for the sport. You watch college basketball for the hot chicks? That's interesting. I guess I am like most Americans. I prefer the great athletes of men's sports doing amazing athletic things that regular people can't do. Anyway, you don't need to be so defensive about being into women's hoops. People like all kinds of things. I am not into video games either. Many people are.

besides it's degrading to label and segregate people by gender. there

Apr 2, 2017, 10:26 PM

should be no "women's" sports at all. we are all equal. let fearless girl saddle up and compete. there should just be "basketball," "tennis," "golf," etc. Not a "separate but equal" Title IX apartheid. It's disgusting, it's unconstitutional, and just plain wrong.

To have separate women's world records, for example, is like having a separate negro league in baseball (except in this case the negro league would be never win a game against the major league, so it's kind of an opposite analogy).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

That's interesting. I would have to think more about that.****

Apr 2, 2017, 10:39 PM

Apr 2, 2017, 10:00 PM [ in reply to I don't care if our women's hoops team never wins... ]

I'm with this guy....I don't know anyone or have never met anyone that cares about women's sports and that includes all of my Gamed*ck fans...Alert the feminists police on me if you want...

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Apr 2, 2017, 10:17 PM [ in reply to I don't care if our women's hoops team never wins... ]

Screw any sport but college football.....and women volleyball.....

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I get it but as a dad of a girl who plays basketball

Apr 3, 2017, 10:21 AM [ in reply to I don't care if our women's hoops team never wins... ]

...I don't get it....we should aspire for greatness in all sports....not just football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Inside sources say

Apr 2, 2017, 9:15 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

TL;DR***

Apr 2, 2017, 9:16 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

DC***

Apr 2, 2017, 9:22 PM

Oh, really, now?!

Apr 3, 2017, 7:54 AM [ in reply to TL;DR*** ]

(.... you did to read it i bet!!...)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whatever choice(s) you make makes you. Choose wisely.

Re: Wow... a lot of you are doing wonders for our...

Apr 2, 2017, 9:23 PM

and these same idiots would be singing the praises of our womens team, if they won a national championship in anything.....i wonder why our ladies sports are doing so bad........hmmmmmmm.....maybe cuz of fans like this

Sure I'd be proud of them

Apr 2, 2017, 9:24 PM

but I would expect the coots not to care one bit.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Sure I'd be proud of them

Apr 2, 2017, 9:33 PM

i agree, but to demean womens sports like some people are doing on here is uncalled for....women sports at our university is just as important as mens....some people need to show a little respect

Apr 2, 2017, 9:37 PM

If we're really being honest, you and I both know no one watches women's sports.

I'm watching the Masters, Nascar, NFL, NBA, College football, as my main sporting events.

I do not watch women's sports.

It's not demeaning, It's reality.

Like you, I don't watch women's sports...

Apr 2, 2017, 9:50 PM

except for some beach volleyball on occasion - and yeah, it's not because I "follow" it.

I don't think anyone should have a problem with posts about which sports people do/do not watch. It's the comments stating WBB "doesn't matter, is not a real sport, etc." on this forum for all Clemson followers to read that take things too far. I realize many fans are only posting it because they are upset the coots won a NCAA championship... but our girls shouldn't have to read or hear such nonsense. They are lifting weights, running suicides, etc. before dawn to honor their scholarship in an effort to get a Clemson degree.

Apr 2, 2017, 10:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Sure I'd be proud of them ]

i dont think not watching womens sports is demeaning, i think the comments on this board about womens sports are demeaning.....i dont watch alot of womens sports, hardly any at all, but to have people on here disrespect women the way their doing is pathetic at best and the women at our univeristy and any other univeristy in our country deserves better than what im reading on here....im gonna get off my soap box now....peace

Apr 2, 2017, 10:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Sure I'd be proud of them ]

No they aren't as important as men's simply by looking at which sports generate the most revenue...

"We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution." - Abraham Lincoln

Apr 29, 2020, 3:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow... a lot of you are doing wonders for our... ]

I wonder how many naysayers herein would discount Women's sports if they had a daughter on full scholarship? Some posters simply are not interested, but many comments herein are also undignified toward women in general. Having taught on the college level for nearly seventeen years I can safely say young women today have earned my respect in a number of ways.

Go Tigers!

Apr 2, 2017, 11:51 PM

That would be important to those people, as it should be. It is less money out of their pockets and fun watching their daughter/friends. That's great. Proud of all who compete. The financial importance lags way behind, however, and I would imagine that the women's usuc basketball team is a $ losing endeavor, though. That tells what the interest level really is. Not saying it's right, but it's just not on most people's radar.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

only reason people here are disparaging it

Apr 2, 2017, 9:24 PM

is because our women's programs aren't that good overall.our women's basketball has been a laughing stock for over a decade. Volleyball is terrible now. women's tennis has gone downhill. Women's soccer is very good now, but they wen't through a 39 match ACC losing streak from 2009-2012 or so.

The fact that you have to tell people how we're doing in

Apr 2, 2017, 9:31 PM

those sports should tell you all you need to know.

I don't think most people are putting the women's NC down, rather putting down those that would compare it to a NC in football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

No, I can honestly say that I don't care aabout ..

Apr 2, 2017, 10:01 PM [ in reply to only reason people here are disparaging it ]

women's college basketball titles. I truly don't. I gave them credit for their men's Final Four. I don't care about men's pr women's cross country at Clemson either. It has nothing to do with the fact that USCjr won. Women's hoops sucks imo. Some people love it. There is something for everyone.

You're right

Apr 2, 2017, 9:27 PM

even a FORMER PLAYER Kelly Gramlich will sometimes subtlety take shots at women's basketball on WCCP in order to make fun of the Gamecocks. The teams she was on while at Clemson were some of the worst ACC teams in history so I guess the culture of winning in women's basketball here is long long gone

Apr 2, 2017, 9:37 PM

My wife was on a sports scholarship at Clemson and even she laughed about the women's basketball game

I agree

Apr 2, 2017, 9:42 PM

You don't have to be a fan of a sport, but I think you have to root for the school.

I don't like to watch golf, but I was particularly proud when someone came up to me a few years ago to congratulate me on our golf team winning the national title.

I was as proud of that as I am when our civil engineers won multiple concrete canoe national title; I'm an engineering grad at CU.

So what message are we sending to our future softball recruits?

If you're one of those people who only root for Clemson football, like some people just root for duke and uncheat in basketball, then I guess I can't expect you to understand the pride of winning in other areas besides football.

For those of us who want Clemson to be #1 at everything academically and athletically, we would like success in other sports.

Yes, football is king and will always be, but I would like national titles in other sports too.

Apr 2, 2017, 9:53 PM

CU opted to kill the program when they carped on Jim Davis. Then they went with the bargain hires just to get a woman head coach. The pc hags who did this have reaped what they sowed. They killed interest in the program.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2017, 10:21 PM

I remember Jim Davis. He had some great women's teams that made the NCAAs. Political correctness killed a good program.

Apr 2, 2017, 9:54 PM

Let's be classy as Tiger fans. Did I want them to win ? No! I'm all Tiger but winning a national title in any sport is big. Congratulations to their women for winning a natty in basketball. Maybe our administration will be more driven to raise our basketball programs to championship heights.

Apr 2, 2017, 10:04 PM

Bass fishing and horse riding is not big.

Message was edited by: Tiger Woods®

When the women start dunking

Apr 2, 2017, 10:16 PM

I will start watching .

Simple as that for me , and I understand that it's a pure form type if basketball and all that ...but no dunking or even the very threat that a dunk may take place makes it unwatchable in my opinion .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: When the women start dunking

Apr 3, 2017, 1:23 PM

Nope. No woman should dunk. It's unnatural and kinda gross to me. Have you seen the women who can dunk?

It's not that I don't care about Women's sports...

Apr 2, 2017, 10:22 PM

I really just don't see Women's basketball as watchable. I really would never watch our women's basketball even if they were national champs all the time.

I love Women's soccer, tennis, track and field, gymanstics, volleyball, swimming, and others...

But Women are just bad at basketball. There are only enough good women B-Ball players to fill up the rosters for 5 or 6 teams a year. Maybe if they dropped the goals down to 9 feet or something. It's just bad.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I also like some women's sports.

Apr 2, 2017, 10:27 PM

I like women's track and field in the Olympics. I have liked women's tennis. I don't care about women's basketball nor women's soccer either.

Women's soccer is legit. They have a different style of play

Apr 2, 2017, 10:33 PM

that is actually tougher than mens.

They don't take dives and they handle injuries so much better.

Also, they are less show-boaty and take less ridiculously selfish shots. International women's soccer is actually just as watchable as the men's game to me.

Not for me. It's like watch Jordan when watching Messi.

Apr 2, 2017, 10:46 PM

The men's World Cup compared to the women's? I would have to be paid to watch the women's WC. The men's I would pay to be there.

I don't think you are watching enough then. There are

Apr 2, 2017, 11:10 PM

amazing goals and amazing atmosphere in USWNT games.

The 2011 WC was just as entertaining as the Men's.

The game we played against Brazil that year was more entertaining than 95% of any US Men's game I've ever seen.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXFclSGSsGQ

I play soccer, and strongly prefer Men's sports over Women's but Women's soccer is not a handicapped sport. It's just as entertaining as the Men's game for different reasons.

The best goals are 90% as impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlU4caXe_40

The fact there are not dives and the players don't whine and cry as much makes it more watchable.

Also, Women's teams tactics are usually more aggressive when it comes to trying to score goals. Too many men's teams are all about going for a scoreless draw.

I watched the last two women's world cups...

Apr 2, 2017, 11:18 PM

due to my GF. They both pretty much sucked for me. I think women's soccer is awful. I don't quite tell her that though. That's just me though. To each their own though.

You watched the 2011 World Cup and thought it sucked?

Apr 2, 2017, 11:31 PM

I've never heard anyone say that before. Our game against Brazil was amazing. You really watched that game and thought it sucked? It's widely considered one of the best games in US soccer history. I honestly can't see how anyone would deny that.

I get people having their preferences, and not everyone is going to like what I like... but saying that game sucked sounds crazy.

Maybe in your circle, but most people I am around..

Apr 2, 2017, 11:43 PM

think women's soccer sucks. including women's WC's. The penalty shootout made in interesting, but the actually quality of the women's play before that sucked. I think my HS team would have beaten the women's WC team easily.

The last line of your post puts a huge dent

Apr 3, 2017, 1:04 PM

into the legitimacy of your whole perspective on soccer. And if your 'circle' all thinks that way, you may want to step outside the feedback loop for a bit. Just saying.

Soccer isn't basketball, football, baseball or hockey. It's not all about speed and upper body strength. The capability gap is definitely there, and the best men will always beat the best women, but no high school team could beat the USWNT. That's just nutty.

I played varisty soccer in HS.

Apr 3, 2017, 1:26 PM

I played it my whole life growing up. Many of my friends played in college. I am friends with a couple former player from USMNT. I used to play with them as well growing up, although I have never talked to them about women's soccer. Claudio Reyna was my roommate the summer of 1992 in Charlottesville. I definitely don't need any lectures on the game. I think women's soccer sucks. It's just my opinion. I think the WNBA sucks as well. I don't mind if others like it or appreciate it. The best HS team would destroy the USWNT team by the way and it wouldn't even be close FYI. You don't know the game that well and probably had limited exposure. You can believe what you want though. I don't mind.

This is an exchange with an All American

Apr 3, 2017, 1:59 PM

from UCLA 1992. I just casually sent him a text.

Me: Do you think the best men's HS team at the moment would be the USWMNT?

Response:: "Yes it wouldn't even be close. Blowout by 5+ goals. When I was in 8th grade I was better than the best women's player in the world. The size, speed, and athleticism is not eve close. The skill level could be argued, but the other factors make it a blowout."

There you go.

Actual game between High School aged boys and a WNT

Apr 4, 2017, 10:01 AM

In 2010 an Ontario Soccer club had their 13-21(age) team play the Guyana National team.

The soccer club is going to be better than most HS boys teams because of the age of some of the players and they are in a soccer club, instead of just a school.

The Women's team was...Guyana.

The boys won 5-2, helping prove Men's superiority in Soccer, but also that your claim is absurd.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB6WW0Y11pk

That same year, in qualifying, the Mexican women's team beat that same Guyana team 7-2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGhb3xwMzno

How did Mexico fare in the World Cup finals?

They went 0-2-1 and lost to Japan 4-0

https://www.fifa.com/womensworldcup/matches/round=255997/match=300144426/index.html#nosticky

So your suggestion that a good boys HS team would beat the best Women's team in the world 5-0 is not at all supported by reality.

You playing soccer in high school, (so did I) and having buddies who played college/professional soccer (so do I) doesn't compare with actual comparative results.

I realize Men are significantly better at soccer, but your specific claim is silly.

I thought I would never say this, but it's more watchable than the current state of...

Apr 2, 2017, 11:38 PM [ in reply to It's not that I don't care about Women's sports... ]

men's college basketball foul fests and free throw shooting contests.

I agree that the current NBA is garbage, but its still

Apr 3, 2017, 1:05 PM

better than WNBA by a million miles.

I shed no tears when the coots fail in anything,

Apr 2, 2017, 10:39 PM

but to downplay or scoff at their WBB team winning the National Championship is, well..... very coot-like.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Apr 2, 2017, 10:40 PM

Just wait till transgendered men are beating the #### outta women in numerous sports like tennis, WNBA, MMA, etc....it's already started. Didnt we have a 'woman' in the Olympic's track and field? Gotta embrace that equality.

Apr 2, 2017, 10:49 PM

All these Title Niners trying to equate women's sports to men's is hilarious.

Apr 2, 2017, 11:41 PM

That is the thing about the truth. It is unbiased and equal. Let me put it this way. So many posters keep saying if you had a daughter or sister playing you would care. Well, I dont. Does it make it exciting to watch you kid in pop warner, little league, middle, high school or even college? I am sure it does. Does that make it good? Absolutely not. I coached Pop warner at one time, they played hard, I was proud of them, dosn't mean they were good. And furthermore, say what you want, but if UCONN didn't have their previous streak, how many people could even tell you year to year who won a title? 1 in 9 maybe? Lastly, since I really don't care about basketball, men and less so women's, maybe we could migrate this whole foolishness over to the women's basketball board.. oh wait.. they don't have one? There ya have it.

it was not a transgender woman, just a woman with unusually high amounts of testerone..

Apr 2, 2017, 11:42 PM [ in reply to Re: Wow... a lot of you are doing wonders for our... ]

Can't remember her name, but she was a female born with that abnormality

Re: it was not a transgender woman, just a woman with unusually high amounts of testerone..

Apr 3, 2017, 9:33 PM

You're right...found the article:

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.timeinc.net/si/olympics/2016/08/11/caster-semenya-2016-rio-olympics-track-and-field%3Fsource%3Ddam

Brings up an interesting debate though...

Apr 2, 2017, 11:24 PM

Really I could care less about women's sports. Even if clemsons women's went all the way I would maybe watch it. Sorry just not an interesting sport at the women's level really hard to watch

You meant to say you COULDN'T care less.***

Apr 2, 2017, 11:58 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stop whining like a woman. Shamecock fans never cared about their...

Apr 2, 2017, 11:36 PM

Women's basketball team not when Dawn Stanley already had them going to the NCAA tournament, but right after they won their first SEC title. So let them have that Women's national title, their fans really can't brag about it because they haven't followed their women's program up until the last 3-4 years. And posters on here downing it doesn't matter, cause WBB, while I want it to get back to being like it was during the Jim Davis days, won't make us or break us considering how good we are doing in so many other sports.

Just following the lead of the CU administration...

Apr 3, 2017, 9:15 AM

because they clearly don't give a **** about wimmins hoops. The last three coaching hires (McKinney, Coleman and Smith) more than supports that contention. The team hasn't made the NCAAT in fourteen years and over the last eleven seasons has finished no better than 9th in league play. When the administration starts caring, maybe the fans will. The same goes for men's hoops.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Most fans will never care about women's college...

Apr 3, 2017, 9:26 AM

basketball at Clemson. Most fans already care about men's college basketball at Clemson and are disappointed in the results from the men. The only places where women's college basketball is popular are schools where the suck at everything else or UConn.

Re: Just following the lead of the CU administration...

Apr 3, 2017, 9:28 AM [ in reply to Just following the lead of the CU administration... ]

I agree. Unfortunately I don't think anything will wake up the administration up in supporting basketball. If we had meant business in basketball, Brownell would be unemployed.

Apr 3, 2017, 9:36 AM

SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGH. GROUNDHOG DAY.

Apr 3, 2017, 10:35 AM [ in reply to Re: Just following the lead of the CU administration... ]

You are one pathetic loser

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

Apr 4, 2017, 10:06 AM [ in reply to Just following the lead of the CU administration... ]

We have a women's hoops team? Surely we don't. I mean there is no board here for it.

Re: What? Did something happen last night?

Apr 3, 2017, 9:31 AM

TIA

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Screw Calford.

Not really anything major*****

Apr 3, 2017, 9:39 AM

Replies: 70
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic