Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Our win over BC was entirely comparable to Bama's over LSU
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,064

Our win over BC was entirely comparable to Bama's over LSU

Nov 11, 2018, 9:58 AM

I'm not going to compare BC's atmosphere to the fake Death Valley but otherwise:

- Primetime night game on the road
- Both opponents are fringe top 20 teams (yes, I think LSU is vastly overrated)
- 29-0 vs 27-7
- Both Ds shut out their respective offenses
- Offenses didn't light it up but did enough to put the game away
- Box score very similar
Bama: 6, 10, 6, 7
CU: 10, 3, 7, 7
- Yardage ratio roughly the same:
Bama-LSU: 576-196
CU-BC: 424-114
- Both QBs threw a pick and had a rushing TD

If you take away the name brand of LSU and do a blind comparison, I think BC is no worse of a team. We should be getting pats on the back for last night as much as Bama did last week.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Our win over BC was entirely comparable to Bama's over LSU

Nov 11, 2018, 10:02 AM

I don't understand why some of y'all keep bringing up Bama. We dont live in the shadows of others, stop with this inferiority complex.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Like it or not, every National Champion for the last decade

Nov 11, 2018, 10:09 AM

or so has had to go through Saban and Bama (directly or indirectly).

They've been the only thing standing between us and a potential 3-peat in the Natty. We're going to have to beat them to win it again this year.

I think ESPiN fears Clemson will unseat Bama...

Nov 11, 2018, 10:03 AM

as the best program in the country over the next few years. You can look for more of the same until the public outcry overwhelms them. It's already happening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t think it’s comparable because BC lost QB***

Nov 11, 2018, 10:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They might have scored 1 TD but with the way the D was

Nov 11, 2018, 10:06 AM

dialed in last night, having their QB in last night was not going to affect the outcome of the game.

He's no better a QB than LSU's Burrow.

We struggled mightily on offense. Had BC moved the ball

Nov 11, 2018, 10:10 AM

even a little, the game changes. We can’t flip the field with our punter. I’m concerned that if we get into bad field position game, our offense is going to turn it over and lead to easy points for the opponent. We have got to fix punting game and be able to run it better when D knows we are running.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Don’t think it’s comparable because BC lost QB***

Nov 11, 2018, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Don’t think it’s comparable because BC lost QB*** ]

A qb that was looking very comfortable and running that offense. That speed couldn’t have continued but he was doing a good job. Similar intinehrn Trevor was knocked out at the beginning of the first qtr of our game. They will fall, but I don’t see them dropping ouy

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Nov 11, 2018, 10:12 AM

Good post. Too bad this post will get lost amongst the other posts. Everyone seems to want to post the same thread instead of posting a comment but imo this should be talked about more. LSU beat Arkansas by a TD. LSU has actually struggled to score points against all opponents, unlike BC who’s been scoring a bunch.

The cold weather and wind did affect the long passes but I honestly think BC/LSU would be close to a pick em game... if BC got up to play LSU as they did us.

You look at LSU schedule and it’s different than what people thought at the time. Those wins aren’t nearly as impressive as first thought. BC’s Purdue loss was actually a good loss considering that brown threw 4 interceptions!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 10:18 AM

I would lol if someone could share a link from a bama board with one if their fans making the same comparison in reverse.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2018, 10:25 AM

Yeah I would too. For some reason when I look for other teams sites I get back pay sites. Obviously not looking at the right ones.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,064
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic