Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Like I've been saying
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 252

Like I've been saying

Jun 3, 2020, 11:57 PM

The concentration of wealth in this country will undo us.

"Yet over a span of three weeks in March and April—right as hospitalizations and deaths were climbing sharply in the U.S.—the country’s billionaires managed to increase their combined net worth by about 10 percent. According to a report from the Institute for Policy Studies, during the same period that more than 22 million people lost jobs, the wealth of America’s billionaires rose by an astonishing $282 billion."

https://newrepublic.com/article/157634/billionaires-eating-economy

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's misleading since it cuts out drops in Feb/Mar

Jun 4, 2020, 12:41 AM

For example, my 401k is still down from the peak even though it has a big % increase the past two months.

Bezos breaks the trend.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'd sleep a lot better worrying about yourself and not

Jun 4, 2020, 5:54 AM

Them. Also helps that they don't HAVE whatever their stock holdings are valued at. There is no way any of the megarich can ever see the true value of their "wealth". It is impossible for Bezos to liquidate his stock at market value. Can't be done. He has a company. Employees. Provides a service. That is the extent of his wealth. Their profits are his wealth not their market cap.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Like I've been saying

Jun 4, 2020, 6:49 AM

Felix, You're understanding of the market and wealth in general is sadly lacking. Is there anything that you're good at besides making a fool of yourself? Your desperation is palpable. And very entertaining.

Have you consulted your partner re the debate? I will even pay you to show up. What would be fair in your mind?

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Envy is not becoming.

Jun 4, 2020, 8:23 AM

While you are decry greed of the wealthy how about you recongnize the greed of those looting throughout the last week.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haven't read the anything in here yet but ITT

Jun 4, 2020, 8:26 AM

you'll have posters who struggled their entire life to finally be stock market "secure" (as if that's a thing) right there at retirement defending a man who in a few short years has amassed a wealth so large his great grandkids couldn't spend it all.

But you know... capitalism

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: Like I've been saying

Jun 4, 2020, 8:26 AM

Feelix preaching from his beach house lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 252
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic