Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Lifetime contract
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Lifetime contract

Jan 8, 2019, 9:17 PM

Not a huge fan of hypothetical scenarios and don’t want to get caught up in the moment, but I guess I’m going to do both.

Would you be in favor of a “lifetime contract” for Dabo Swinney? Similar to what Coach K has at Duke.

I’d imagine the perimeters would be something along the lines of guaranteed average salary of the 3-5 highest paid coaches and gigantic buyout clauses for both sides.

This would pretty much shutdown any NFL/Bama talk and setup continuity for Clemson football for the next 20 years (assuming Dabo wants to coach that long).

Is it too early in Dabo’s career for something like this? Would either side have a strong reason to object to this type of contract?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Offer him a 12-15 yr deal, not lifetime. A lot can happen***

Jan 8, 2019, 9:23 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree...

Jan 8, 2019, 9:26 PM

I’d offer a 35-40 year contract, but still agree.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

The win last night almost certainly guarantees

Jan 8, 2019, 9:25 PM

Dabo will not leave Clemson to go back to Bama. He is now the greatest coach in Clemson history with 2 Nattys. No need to go back to Bama when he is well on his way to becoming the Bear Bryant of something he created.

Now as far as a life time contract....not sure that can work but we are about to most definitely pony up some more Benjamin’s.

Re: Lifetime contract

Jan 8, 2019, 9:28 PM

Would you still love him after three years of 6-6?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2019, 9:51 PM

Probably because 3 seasons like that would probably be the refs going hard in the paint on us after we win our 5th straight natty :)

Jan 8, 2019, 9:29 PM

Interesting indeed...

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/thread/Lifetime-Contract-for-Dabo-(long)-1864022

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 8, 2019, 9:51 PM

Great minds think alike!

Again, I try not to get caught up in the moment and there might be a chance that Dabo isn’t built to coach for another 20-25 years, but if both sides felt the same about each other, not so sure this type of contract is all that crazy.

One person on your thread suggested Dabo’s agent would never allow it and if he did, it would be completely one sided. The agent wouldn’t like it because his job as Dabo’s agent would be in jeopardy and one would hope Clemson is smart enough not to get into a one sided contract.

The one concern would be the possibility of Dabo becoming complacent and start turning in routine 7-win seasons.

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic