Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Liberals tear down Ulysses S Grant statue
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 60
| visibility 1

Liberals tear down Ulysses S Grant statue

Jun 22, 2020, 8:11 AM

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/503685-protesters-tear-down-statues-of-union-general-ulysses-s-grant-national

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Liberals tear down Ulysses S Grant statue

Jun 22, 2020, 8:20 AM

Not surprising. Nutcases. Why Francis Scott Key?

song is about founding of a racist country

Jun 22, 2020, 8:38 AM

or it a statue

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: song is...

Jun 22, 2020, 8:41 AM

played out of disrespect for Kapernic when he takes his knee. Yeah, he's not worth spelling right.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And why does one allegedly care?

Jun 22, 2020, 8:23 AM

I cannot remember the last time I looked at a statue of some old guy? Realistically maybe over 25 or even 30 years?

Please share your last statue experience and the significance in your life?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

why does anyone care about tearing these down?

Jun 22, 2020, 8:25 AM

it takes more energy to tear it down

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: why does anyone care about tearing these down?

Jun 22, 2020, 8:34 AM

Maybe they have some energy and they don't mind.

I have a problem with people destroying things...

Jun 22, 2020, 8:28 AM [ in reply to And why does one allegedly care? ]

That do not belong to them. It’s lawlessness.

I guess it doesn’t matter until it hits home.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I have a problem with people destroying things...

Jun 22, 2020, 8:35 AM

Example of it hitting home?

https://twitter.com/jackposobiec/status/1267127192330346500?s=21

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2020, 8:52 AM

That would hit home.

Is that another one of those “out there” phrases?

Jun 22, 2020, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Re: I have a problem with people destroying things... ]

Hitting home means it doesn’t matter until they tear down your stuff.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Is that another one of those “out there” phrases?

Jun 22, 2020, 8:54 AM

I just cant imagine anyone tearing down my stuff. Then again, you never know. You worried?

try tearing down MLK statue and see what happens***

Jun 22, 2020, 8:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: try tearing down MLK statue and see what happens***

Jun 22, 2020, 9:03 AM

Yep and something should happen.

CNN and College Football HOF probably weren’t worried either...

Jun 22, 2020, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: Is that another one of those “out there” phrases? ]

There are two questions?

Is it every okay to destroy property that doesn’t belong to you?

If it is, when does it cease to be okay?

This whole “it doesn’t affect me” is the same thing BLM is arguing against. They want people to quit ignoring the problem, and listen.

Re: CNN and College Football HOF probably weren’t worried either...

Jun 22, 2020, 12:27 PM

Yes.

Jun 22, 2020, 9:15 AM [ in reply to Re: Is that another one of those “out there” phrases? ]

How can’t you imagine that? You think because you’re Woke- they will leave you alone?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 22, 2020, 12:29 PM

Why cant I imagine it? Youre probably joking. I cant see getting killed by a wild animal either. I guess because in all my years on the planet I have never known anyone to have that problems out of thousands of people. Sorry your neighborhood is so dangerous. Get out of there.

Jun 22, 2020, 2:21 PM [ in reply to Re: I have a problem with people destroying things... ]

Cross my property line and they will know right away.

Fair_but when was tha last statue visited and why memorable

Jun 22, 2020, 8:55 AM [ in reply to I have a problem with people destroying things... ]

For me, in 70’s and 80’s I visited 6-8 Civil war battlefields and read inscription to better understand one perspective of the history. I have been to museums since then and read displays and inscriptions on a few statues.

When at Clemson, usually went in side doors to “THE Old Main Building”. Rarely saw old Green Tom.

Seems a bit overly-literal and myopic.

Jun 22, 2020, 8:33 AM [ in reply to And why does one allegedly care? ]

If someone burned down the White House would you say “oh well, I was never going to sleep or eat there anyway”.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Seems a bit overly-literal and myopic.

On that note. That would be cool of they built a new house for the presidents. Something way more modern. When Trump called it a dump it got me thinking. Maybe we should build something more modern. JMO

If you want me fully on the “impeach Trump” wagon

Jun 22, 2020, 8:40 AM

Tell me he’s in charge of building our new White House.

Re: If you want me fully on the “impeach Trump” wagon

Jun 22, 2020, 8:56 AM

Posted in wrong spot. Anyway, I would support a new one.

Message was edited by: Carlsbad®

Nah man, I love the White House.

Jun 22, 2020, 8:59 AM

My daughter’s school group scored a tour when they went there in March right before CVD shut-downs. I was jealous, never set foot in the place despite trying numerous times.

Re: Nah man, I love the White House.

Jun 22, 2020, 9:02 AM

I wonder when the last time it was completely gutted?

Re: Nah man, I love the White House.

Jun 22, 2020, 9:04 AM [ in reply to Nah man, I love the White House. ]

This could be the new one.

he never said that. more fake news***

Jun 22, 2020, 8:41 AM [ in reply to Re: Seems a bit overly-literal and myopic. ]

Re: he never said that. more fake news***

Jun 22, 2020, 8:50 AM

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/345113-golf-journalist-at-least-8-people-heard-trump-call-the-white-house-a

so where is the proof?

Jun 22, 2020, 8:54 AM

as we've learning over the past 3.5 yrs, these reports have been ######## over and over and over.

Re: so where is the proof?

Jun 22, 2020, 9:00 AM

You know he he said it. 99% of the stories about him have been accurate as far as things he says. Unless everyone are liars. That said, the White House might be kind of a dump compared to what we could have.

Clearly you won't be fooled by the liberal golf media.***

Jun 22, 2020, 9:14 AM [ in reply to so where is the proof? ]

He might have. Accounts differ.

Jun 22, 2020, 8:50 AM [ in reply to he never said that. more fake news*** ]

https://time.com/4884923/white-house-donald-trump-dump/

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

no doubt the obamas trashed the place***

Jun 22, 2020, 8:51 AM [ in reply to he never said that. more fake news*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trump poops on the floor of the Oval Office.***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don’t have a huge issue with it...some here have actually

Jun 22, 2020, 3:49 PM [ in reply to And why does one allegedly care? ]

helped change my mind a bit.

The only thing that sucks is that it took a legit artist/sculptor to create these Their work is being destroyed. Maybe it make sense to move many of these to a museum but right now, I know nobody is going to wait for that.

Conservatives attempt to murder people

Jun 22, 2020, 8:25 AM

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2020/06/01/george-floyd-protests-cars-vehicles-plowing-into-demonstrations/5308969002/

probably two words going through their heads...

Jun 22, 2020, 8:36 AM

Reginald Denny

Possibly.

Jun 22, 2020, 8:47 AM

Or maybe they don't have much at all going through their heads. And maybe people pulling down statues don't either.

Instead of viewing the world as liberal vs. conservative, perhaps we should consider smart vs. stupid.

And that was the secret message in my post.

I got it, and it was a fair point.

Jun 22, 2020, 9:01 AM

The only good about the Denny incident was it sort of caused everyone to say “WHOAH, maybe we are taking this a bit too far”.

Re: probably two words going through their heads...

Jun 22, 2020, 8:52 AM [ in reply to probably two words going through their heads... ]

problem is, I bet none of those kids or even the younger reporters remember/know Reginald Denny and what happened to him. They can't even understand what you mean when you say that name.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: probably two words going through their heads...

Jun 22, 2020, 2:16 PM

problem is, I bet none of those kids or even the younger reporters remember/know Reginald Denny and what happened to him. They can't even understand what you mean when you say that name.

That's true. And whoever tore down a statue of Grant is an idiot that doesn't even know who he was.

I'll never forget at the trial of the guy who smashed his head with a brick, Reginald Denny went and hugged his mother in court.
That was a good man.

Garbage in, garbage out.***

Jun 22, 2020, 8:43 AM [ in reply to Conservatives attempt to murder people ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you want to compare this type of stuff

Jun 22, 2020, 8:46 AM [ in reply to Conservatives attempt to murder people ]

it will be 100000 to 1 for every example. Just over the past few weeks, there are treasure trove of videos of people beating cops. Fire bombings, burnings.

Plus your post had zero to do with the statue but ok

Sure, let me know how many statues = 1 human life.

Jun 22, 2020, 8:48 AM

Ya bozo.

But that's not the point of my post.

like i said, just over the past 3 weeks, there are 100000 to

1 proof of you libs beating the #### out of people, fire bombings, burning buildings.
Oh and there have been a few deaths as well by the hands of you libs over this ####

Re: like i said, just over the past 3 weeks, there are 100000 to

Jun 22, 2020, 8:53 AM

"You libs."

xtiger, you are what's wrong with America, and it's the point of my original post.

It's not liberals vs. conservatives. It's reasonables vs. xtigers.

bs

Jun 22, 2020, 8:56 AM

that is what libs do. They turn everything into political footballs. They did it with covid as well.

It's what you do. You're doing it right now.***

Jun 22, 2020, 8:57 AM

Re: bs

Jun 22, 2020, 9:08 AM [ in reply to bs ]

Umm...Trump and conservative media, Rush Limbaugh etc, are the ones who politicised Covid. That's why so many Trump supporters wont wear masks. Masks are a liberal thing to them. To us libs it is just caring about others and trying to control a pandemic.

Liberals make everything political!

Jun 22, 2020, 9:21 AM [ in reply to bs ]

I love the complete lack of self-awareness. Truly breathtaking.

Re: Conservatives attempt to murder people

Jun 22, 2020, 9:31 AM [ in reply to Conservatives attempt to murder people ]

NPR working hard to fight against 'The Man.'

https://twitter.com/redsteeze/status/1274762310314348546?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1274762310314348546&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftownhall.com%2Ftipsheet%2Fleahbarkoukis%2F2020%2F06%2F22%2Fnpr-forced-to-correct-fake-news-headline-n2571061

https://twitter.com/TimRunsHisMouth/status/1274744317802876930?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1274744317802876930&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftownhall.com%2Ftipsheet%2Fleahbarkoukis%2F2020%2F06%2F22%2Fnpr-forced-to-correct-fake-news-headline-n2571061

Typical NPR.

Jun 22, 2020, 11:09 AM

Think they'll admit the truth and replace that obvious bad choice of a photo?

Re: Typical NPR.

Jun 22, 2020, 12:21 PM

OK I'll stop hiding the ball. Yes they replaced the photo and stated that it was not an appropriate choice for the story.

My similar story from the night of the Orange Bowl 1/1/82.

Jun 22, 2020, 12:07 PM [ in reply to Re: Conservatives attempt to murder people ]

My girl and I and another couple left after the 'corn-shucking' and I had to drive my buddy's Toronado... He was a little too loose. Noticed he hadn't filled up so we needed some gas to make it back to West Palm...

We went a few blocks north of the stadium and under the Interstate stopped at a traffic light. Some guy walks up and tries to sell us some drugs. "No thanks" and we drove on a few blocks to a gas station. Pulled in and noticed a Clemson-flagged car off to the side with a police car behind them. One of the officers starts walking toward us, so I get out to meet him...

He asks, "What are you doing here?" I said we need gas. He says "Those people over there just got robbed. I can't guarantee you any protection. You need to hurry up and get out of here." I went to the bulletproof pass-thru window and paid, gassed up and we left.

Got stopped at the very same traffic light but this time there were 5-6 guys in front and coming to the side windows. I had my window cracked and told him "We don't want any." The guy closest to me said "I don't care what you want."

That's when I took the .45 in my lap and held it up in the air for all to see.

No need to run over anybody... They were GONE!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nah, if they were trying, they would be successful***

Jun 22, 2020, 11:59 AM [ in reply to Conservatives attempt to murder people ]

Hopefully any statues/monuments that are torn

Jun 22, 2020, 9:19 AM

down in this way are restored, and the perpetrators caught and prosecuted.

I have no problem removing the statues if the democratic process in place comes to that decision, but it should not be done via violence or outside that democratic process.

There are stupid people on both sides doing stupid things

Jun 22, 2020, 9:22 AM

and probably stupid people on the other side posing as stupid people on their side doing stupid things.

There's a key word here - and it's not "liberal" or "conservative".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: There are stupid people on both sides doing stupid things

Jun 22, 2020, 3:40 PM

according to some on this board, libs are only tearing down statues. The right is running over people with trucks.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Searching my IPhone can’t find any pics of me & statues.

Jun 22, 2020, 9:28 AM

Seems statues are more noteworthy coming down than standing. Go figure

Can always Google for statue pictures.

Replies: 60
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic