Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's see how you ND lovers like it when an 9-3 ND is picked
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 2,793

Let's see how you ND lovers like it when an 9-3 ND is picked

Sep 13, 2012, 10:30 PM

Over a 10-2 Clemson in the Chick fil a bowl leaving us going to el paso.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's see how you ND lovers like it when an 9-3 ND is picked

Sep 13, 2012, 10:31 PM

Doubtful....at 10-2 we are more than likely going orange.

I see this move as nothing more than

1. more money for our athletic programs
2. an ocCassional game with ND in the Valley

THAT IS ALL

I'd add there is 1 more potential upside

Sep 13, 2012, 10:33 PM

If the conditions become such that ND feels they have to be in a conference we will then be the obvious and logical place to go.

Seems like a large upside for what seems like very little downside.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would suck. No doubt.

Sep 13, 2012, 10:32 PM

But the hope is that an ACC with ND in the bowl picture can secure some better bowl tie ins.

Will it happen? Who knows.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND 9-3 = LOL, yeah like they'll get to 9-3***

Sep 13, 2012, 10:36 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That would suck. No doubt.

Sep 13, 2012, 10:40 PM [ in reply to That would suck. No doubt. ]

Even if they get us one more bowl tie-in (equal to the top 3 bowls) it will even itself out. I think bowl tie-ins will see a major shake-up with the start of the playoff.

null

Screw Notre Dame and their sense of entitlement!***

Sep 13, 2012, 10:44 PM

Re:I haven't seen many ND lovers here

Sep 13, 2012, 10:49 PM

opinions vary on their deal but not too many ND fans I've run across.

as to your concept. if you take care of business you shouldn't then you dont have the problem

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ND hater here, and that's why I want them. I want to play

Sep 13, 2012, 10:58 PM

in the shadow of Touchdown Jesus and whip their righteous tails. I also don't care about the Chick-Fil-A Bowl, and neither will you nor anyone else in about two years.

Let's see how you would like it if

Sep 13, 2012, 11:10 PM

this deal was not cut and FSU and GT bolted to the Big 12 followed by NC State and Virginia Tech to the SEC. Now that would blow.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If that's what worries you about this deal then your

Sep 13, 2012, 11:18 PM

priorities are out of whack. Not to mention the Irish will bring us much better alternatives than the Sun bowl so it won't be as bad as you make it out to be.

I hear El Paso is nice***

Sep 13, 2012, 11:20 PM

so you're scared????***

Sep 13, 2012, 11:23 PM

WFU, UNC, Duke, etc can do the same if they are 1 game back

Sep 13, 2012, 11:25 PM

it sucks, but its not a big change. The only difference is that ND is more likely to do it than WFU or Duke because they will bring equal or more fans than Clemson.

We've jumped plenty of ACC teams over the years because of our reputation of traveling to the bowls. Good for the goose, good for the gander.

A 9-3 ND would never jump a 10-2 Clemson for Atlanta.

Sep 13, 2012, 11:40 PM

ND outgunning us for football superiority of that sort is not a concern.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd rethink that

Sep 14, 2012, 7:31 AM

The reason that we've often jumped other teams for bowls is our fanbase. ND brings a traveling fanbase and a built in TV audience. A 9-3 ND team would absolutely get a bowl bid 7 times out of 10 over us for that reason. The only factor that would favor us is if they had been in that bowl the year before. Otherwise it's a no brainer for the bowl to take the TV ratings. Clemson is not a national TV draw. ND is.

To be fair, our fanbase has gotten us to bowls we didn't deserve so it's a little hard to complain about this without sounding hypocritical.

The bowls make their nut off of ticket sales and visitors.

Sep 14, 2012, 5:09 PM

TV ratings are the networks' problem when they cut their deals with the bowls. I just don't see Atlanta turning down our fan base and draw for a lesser Notre Dame team, unless we'd played in it the year prior.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sorry TC: a 10-2 Clemson ain't going to El Paso...

Sep 14, 2012, 6:32 AM

...though it would be interesting to go at least once.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry TC: a 10-2 Clemson ain't going to El Paso...

Sep 14, 2012, 2:10 PM

Dang I had my car packed to go with lots of Taco Bell coupons.

Can you guys pick me up a Mexican...

Sep 14, 2012, 2:15 PM

that can cook and do laundry? A female would be preferred but I'll take whatever you can stuff in the bed of the truck.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sorry TC: a 10-2 Clemson ain't going to El Paso...

Sep 14, 2012, 2:13 PM [ in reply to Sorry TC: a 10-2 Clemson ain't going to El Paso... ]

I really don't think the Peach would take ND over Clemson either. I'm sure a 9 win ND would like the weather in El Paso.

I don't see us losing 3 games for the next couple years anyway.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If we are 10-2 we will be going to Charlotte first

Sep 14, 2012, 7:34 AM

and then back to Miami most likely when we beat VT

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Orange Googlers Unite

Save Tigernet--Boot the coots(you know who I mean).

It would sting all the way to the bank.

Sep 14, 2012, 2:12 PM

El Paso host a heck of a New Year's party.

Being pro about the new deal does not make someone a ND..

Sep 14, 2012, 4:23 PM

lover, but you have hit on my biggest concern. The Chick fil a is our biggest prize outside the Orange, and in my mind ranks much closer to the orange than the next bowl ranks to it. There is the possibility that ND would not get the nod over Clemson in that scenario, but I imagine they would definitely get the nod over most of the other ACC teams in that scenario.

Re: Being pro about the new deal does not make someone a ND..

Sep 14, 2012, 4:33 PM

What did ND do for the Big East in football with the same deal?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They didn't have the same deal ...

Sep 14, 2012, 5:02 PM

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/story/_/id/8369070/notre-dame-sports-football-hockey-acc

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8370141/college-football-notre-dame-fighting-irish-football-maintains-independence-move-acc-name-only

Excert

Notre Dame was powerful enough to join the Big East in 1995 without surrendering any of its football independence. Contrast that with today, when Notre Dame athletic director Jack Swarbrick said in a news release that the deal with the ACC will "maintain our historic independence in football."

Technically, he is correct. But it is independence by a vote of 7-5. Notre Dame will play seven games against whomever it chooses, and five games against the ACC. It is a weaker, meeker Notre Dame that made a deal with the ACC, the Monty Python knight yelling, "merely a flesh wound" as it loses limb after limb. Notre Dame has made sacrifices that the university and its partisans never dreamed would have to be made even a decade ago

Won't ND help us when it comes to negotiating bowl deals?

Sep 14, 2012, 5:19 PM

I imagine the ACC will probably be able to swing a better bowl tie-in due to ND being involved. And ND will never jump the ACC champ for the Orange Bowl.

Replies: 26
| visibility 2,793
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic