Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's rewrite the Emoluments Clause
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Let's rewrite the Emoluments Clause

Apr 18, 2019, 9:32 AM

The founders didn't know what they were doing when they put it in Article 8 of the constitution, therefore we should just go ahead and make it legal for our presidents to handsomely profit at our expense. They wouldn't ever sell us out now, right, why would they do that?

After all, that's part of the deal when you win the election, right? You get to make your own rules.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/apr/09/dojs-new-stance-on-foreign-payments-or-gifts-to-trump-blurs-lines-experts

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

NATO members should visit, bring lots of cash to spend in...

Apr 18, 2019, 10:10 AM

Trump's hotels so he'll get off their butts about paying their fair share for their defense. Canada, Mexico and the EU should do the same. Oh, and China too but not Russia, Trump is already in Putin's pocket, right?

What happened to reporting on whether or not Trump kept his commitment to donate all the profits from foreign govs' spending in his hotels to the US Gov? How about you investigating that and keep us updated so if Trump really breaks the law he won't get away with it?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why are you apologetic/dismissive of this?***

Apr 18, 2019, 10:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Fair question.

Apr 18, 2019, 10:43 AM

Trump had those hotels and properties when he was elected. The voters didn't care then and it was so highlighted by Clinton, the DNC and MSM during the campaign. He promised to give the profits gained in his properties from foreign powers to the government.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fair question.

Apr 18, 2019, 11:00 AM

It doesn't matter if he had them before elected. He isn't supposed to use them with his capacity as president to profit, which he has done, and quite extensively. He isn't giving the money back to the government. We know he's a proven liar in this arena.

It doesn't matter if people didn't care. It violates the #### Constitution.

I strongly doubt you would be as apologetic or dismissive of this if a guy with a D by his name were doing it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

Apr 18, 2019, 11:08 AM

Just like all the democrats who have made millions on a 100k salary. Your outrage is noted and is ridiculous.

I like the Trump hotel. They have an awesome bourbon selection. So A+ in my book of real news.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 18, 2019, 11:35 AM

Tigermanac: "I don't care if a president violates the Constitution if he's my personal savior."

There are many D's and R"s in the House

Apr 18, 2019, 12:00 PM [ in reply to Re: Fair question. ]

poor as dirt. The Senate not so much.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Selective, team-based outrage.***

Apr 18, 2019, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Fair question. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is giving money to the Clinton

Apr 18, 2019, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Fair question. ]

foundation different from this other than the fact the the CF is non-profit?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How is giving money to the Clinton

Apr 18, 2019, 12:04 PM

Which Clinton is currently in office and benefits financially from that?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Basically, it isn't... Still doesn't make it right.***

Apr 19, 2019, 4:48 AM [ in reply to How is giving money to the Clinton ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you want to see his tax returns, too, eh...? ;~)***

Apr 19, 2019, 4:47 AM [ in reply to NATO members should visit, bring lots of cash to spend in... ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's rewrite the Emoluments Clause

Apr 18, 2019, 10:20 AM

Of all of the BS the Trump admin does, this is the one that baffles me the most as to why nobody is taking action over it. This is atrocious for any president to do and every American should demand it to stop.

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic