Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Let's move these National Championship games to Saturday.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

Let's move these National Championship games to Saturday.

Jan 11, 2015, 7:02 PM

When can we stop having these games on Monday?

The NFL could have played Saturday at 12 and 3 and the College game could have been at 8.

It would be another Super Bowl type day.

But this Monday 8:30 stuff, stinks.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Let's move these National Championship games to Saturday.

Jan 11, 2015, 7:06 PM

Agreed. Needs to be on a Saturday.

Jan 11, 2015, 7:12 PM

Especially when u know the kickoff won't be tii closer to 9. They will milk this for all its worth

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 11, 2015, 7:20 PM

Definitely agree about Saturday...I won't even be awake to watch the championship game tomorrow night. :-/ sad situation for many involved. espn is smart, and they certainly calculated...anyway, I'll have to watch it on YouTube lol.

GO TIGERS!

Jan 12, 2015, 1:15 AM

I agree with the Saturday thing, and I respect that you apparently have a schedule/routine to keep.

But this is the second time I've seen you talk about going to sleep before 9pm...jeeze man, even Hartins can stay up till 9:45...although he's a bit incoherent (or maybe that's just his norm)...

Anyway, I digress...I'll go get you a glass of warm milk and make sure you're in bed by 8pm sharp...wouldn't want to disturb your beauty rest for an awesome football game.

But seriously, if Clemson was playing in it, would you break your routine and stay up? I'm legitimately curious...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2015, 1:23 AM

I just realized it's 1:15AM...and he'll never see this. Please disregard.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That requires a response. I'll wait until 9:46 p.m....just

Jan 12, 2015, 5:34 AM [ in reply to Re: Let's move these National Championship games to Saturday. ]

to prove you wrong. (Then at 9:47 p.m. I might doze off.....lol)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Look who's up early....

Jan 12, 2015, 5:42 AM

and talking about staying up to catch an 8:30 game. That is if ESPN starts the game at said time. Kinda of a late start if ya ask me but I get why they do it. And I agree that this game should be on a Saturday. Guess they don't want any competition. Plus the NFL did play Saturday so I'm guessing ESPN just wants to dominate the market.

Found this tidbit, this year's title game is currently the most wagered on CFB game to date, as per Vegas source. Interesting. Nonetheless should be a good game.

Who you pulling for Hartins?

Jan 11, 2015, 7:25 PM

NFL playoffs get much better ratings, so you would have had the college game at 12:00. That sucks for West Coast.

Jan 11, 2015, 7:28 PM

I agree.

Jan 11, 2015, 10:34 PM

Anything is better than a Monday. It needs to be moved to Saturday night. And while we are at the Super Bowl needs to be on Saturday as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Need to go to 8 teams

Jan 11, 2015, 10:39 PM

in the playoff
4 games on the first
2 games next Saturday - the 2 NFL Conference Championships are on Sunday
Championship game the Saturday of the open week between the NFL conference championships and the Super Bowl

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Won't happen, the NFL is on***

Jan 11, 2015, 11:10 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

great idea.***

Jan 11, 2015, 11:23 PM

Because

Jan 12, 2015, 12:58 AM

ESPN doesn't care about real people. How is my 5 year old supposed to watch this at 9 on a school night. He loves football, luckily CU Tiger football (his mother is a jawja mutt).

If colleges and universities would stop letting television run the sport, we wouldn't have this issue. We should have a 16 team playoff with conference championships being the first leg. Then the national championship could be New Years day. That would solve it all.

You realize it is a 5:30 kickoff on the West Coast?

Jan 12, 2015, 5:40 AM

In joining with the posters above, I'd prefer a weekend game.

But on Monday, what are the TV's supposed to do? If they start it at 7:00 our time, West Coast fans will be at work (4:00 there time).

8:30 is a fair start time considering the date of the game.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 12, 2015, 1:41 AM

Agreed....

I don't work @ my job on saturday's so it'll be easy to be able to watch without having to request that day off...

I'll stay up to watch it...and when I say up, I literally

Jan 12, 2015, 5:41 AM

mean standing up. Sitting and I'll probably see the first, oh, about ten minutes. lol

Agree...move the cotton-picking thing to Satiddy. That way our west coast space cadet friends won't have to worry about rushing home from outer space. And here on the east coast, when Clemson wins it, we'll still have time to rush out to local bars for a celebratory drink or two without worrying about work the next day...and the churchgoers will be able to seek a little Divine forgiveness for any overindulgence Sunday morn. A win-win scenario, I think!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic