Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How would coots act if SW or AE got injured like ML?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 31
| visibility 1

How would coots act if SW or AE got injured like ML?

Oct 28, 2012, 9:27 PM

80% of tiger fans have been supportive over ML injury while 20 % have been a$$holes about it. If SW or AE got injured like ML coots would be 80% a$$holes and 20% supportive. Agree?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

EZPN would certainly show no interest in the story at best***

Oct 28, 2012, 9:33 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Heather Dinich would be very supportive***

Oct 28, 2012, 9:36 PM

Re: Heather Dinich would be very supportive***

Oct 28, 2012, 10:25 PM

We would stay on "upset alert". Oh wait, she keeps us on that anyway. Never mind.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably not. He's not tall enough.***

Oct 29, 2012, 10:44 AM [ in reply to Heather Dinich would be very supportive*** ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How would coots act if SW or AE got injured like ML?

Oct 28, 2012, 9:35 PM

I don't think that there would be as much positive attention that you are seeing with this situation. This is the first time that fan base has had a player that they an actually be proud of on and off the field.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lets just

Oct 28, 2012, 9:40 PM

Hope and pray it doesn't happen, and continue being in support of Lattimores recovery! We can still hate USuC, and respect Lattimore and hope he comes back 100%!

Oct 28, 2012, 9:42 PM

I remember reading their fgf after tajh got bent backwards against bc last yr, and they were haha all over it!

My thoughts exactly. I'm not going to bad mouth him

Oct 28, 2012, 9:44 PM

or make fun of him, but this love fest is ridiculous.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

How about you just do what is right?

Oct 28, 2012, 10:15 PM

And quit acting like a four year old girl. Very fine man got hurt. Would think any descent person would pray for him.

Re: My thoughts exactly. I'm not going to bad mouth him

Oct 28, 2012, 9:47 PM

It's called respect, not love, if it was Swearinger or one of them classless idiots they have down there, trust me they wouldn't get near the respect! Lattimore is a classy guy, nothing wrong with wanting him to fully recover!

Re: I would not want Swearniger hurt but I would not bring

Oct 28, 2012, 10:07 PM

water if their brains were on fire and you really would not need much to put the fires out.

#1, I never want to find out

Oct 28, 2012, 9:53 PM

#2, Don't try to de-humanize the coots just because they are coots. At the base of it, we are all human.

As for those tiger fans that have been jerks about it, I don't like calling people names, but you are idiots.

"That the Tigers' Roar May Echo, O'er the mountain height."

Re:Think back a few months when AE was out for about

Oct 28, 2012, 10:01 PM

6 games. I can't cut that bunch of imbeciles any slack.

I'd show the same support for Sammy or Andre

Oct 28, 2012, 10:03 PM

At the end of the day, it's just 18-22 year old kids (unless you are Brandon Weeden or Chris Weinke).

When they are injured doing what they love with their God given talent, most people tend to ignore what color jersey they are wearing.

Personally I'm offended and insulted with your ratio, along with half of the other posts in this thread. Some of the Tiger fans are truly classy, but some others in this thread couldn't contain their true ignorance long enough to make an asinine assessment about their rival's fan base. Guess I really shouldn't expect anything else though.

Re: I'd show the same support for Sammy or Andre

Oct 28, 2012, 10:19 PM

I apologize for my fellow Clemson fans. No excuse for such moronic behavior. My prayers are going out daily and I pray ml has a full recovery

Re: I'd show the same support for Sammy or Andre

Oct 29, 2012, 10:51 AM [ in reply to I'd show the same support for Sammy or Andre ]

Ignore those idiots. They're the same people that give every fanbase a terrible name. The true fans of the game of football respect Lattimore and wishes for a full recovery.

Oct 28, 2012, 10:04 PM

I disagree. Every fan base has a % of fans that don't realize their is life other than football. To me, those are not true fans and thats my opinion.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Anyone, especially an adult, who cheers or is happy

Oct 28, 2012, 10:04 PM

about a college age student getting hurt is scum and I don't care who you pull for or against.

I get feeling sorry for but

Oct 28, 2012, 10:23 PM

The lovefest is getting out of control. The kid is great on and off the field. He has played for maybe 2 seasons worth of football and done well. Every weekend football players get devastatingly injured. I feel bad but I'm not joining all the silly Internet prayer pages and dedicating my life to prove to the coots that I am good person who sees past football. Sucks he got hurt and I wish him to be healthy but I am not gonna skip a beat in hating their fan base and hoping they never win a game

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Come on and join the heathens.***

Oct 28, 2012, 10:28 PM

Right on ReallyJoel

Oct 29, 2012, 12:57 AM [ in reply to Anyone, especially an adult, who cheers or is happy ]

100% should feel that way.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No disagreement. I think what we're really saying is

Oct 29, 2012, 10:26 AM [ in reply to Anyone, especially an adult, who cheers or is happy ]

a large number of Clemson fans are compassionate and most SCAR fans are, well.....scum.
See how they reacted to Taj Boyd's injury last season. SCUM. Joel put it best....just plain SCUM

This was a topic on tonight's Clemson Hotline. I'm uploading

Oct 28, 2012, 10:26 PM

the show right now.

http://youtu.be/I9vqVQednmY

Podcast will also be out later in the evening.

Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgtnt_user_logo.pngbadge-ringofhonor-elswann.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Starts at about the 41 minute mark for a few minutes.***

Oct 29, 2012, 10:53 AM

You're obviously in the 20%.***

Oct 29, 2012, 10:21 AM

Oct 29, 2012, 10:43 AM

Well here's how I feel. I am a "coot" so take it for what it's worth to you guys but here are my thoughts. If SW or AE were injured this seriously I would pray for them. I would wish them well. I don't think they would get the "love" that Marcus is right now. I also don't think they are the same person that Marcus is. I think Marcus is a little different than most other star players. While I'm sure SW and AE and all of your other players are great guys, I just don't know of ANY player on ANY team that has been such a great role model and ambassador for our state, his school, his beliefs, etc. He has character that is unrivaled in my opinion. So that's how I feel, flame away.

Oct 29, 2012, 10:56 AM

I think Nuk Hopkins is the closest rival to Marcus on our team. Clemson has a lot of high character guys, and USC does for that matter also. I agree that Marcus Lattimore is a one per team or even one per conference kind of person. He is a great leader and a role model no matter who he plays for. He's in my prayers and I wish him the best. That being said, when he comes back it is still a rivalry so I hope he rushes 40 times for 10 yards against us and then goes to the NFL. I wouldn't wish an injury on anyone, especially one this gruesome looking.

Oct 29, 2012, 11:23 AM [ in reply to Re: How would coots act if SW or AE got injured like ML? ]

Determining your compassion based on beliefs, character is, IMO, shallow. I don't know Lattimore...I hear he is a good kid, but that doesn't really mean anything. The bottom line is I have a heavy heart for him because he is human. And especially since he was 5-6 games away from millions of dollars and now his NFL dreams are fading. I would have the same compassion for Garcia or even S. Tanneyhill. Because in the grand scheme, this is above a bitter rivalry, this is about a kid's dreams and future.

Oct 29, 2012, 10:58 AM

> 80% of tiger fans have been supportive over ML injury
> while 20 % have been a$$holes about it. If SW or AE
> got injured like ML coots would be 80% a$$holes and
> 20% supportive. Agree?

What does it matter. Be nice/kind no matter what someone does in return or what they would do. Saying something like this (oh we're nice..but they would never be nice like this) basically means you aren't sincere about being kind towards ML...but just doing it for show. Who cares. The kid got hurt really bad...and may have problems walking for the rest of his life and he's just turning 21. Its really sad. Who cares about the other fan base and their "sympathy level"

Oct 29, 2012, 11:02 AM

I would expect and hope the same way we have for Lattimore. But then again I don't care how they would react. We are CLEMSON and I expect us to do the right thing. We ARE the gold standard for being honorable and respectful to our opponents with misfortunes, remember how we treated the young man from Boston College with cancer.

Doesn't matter.***

Oct 29, 2012, 11:24 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 31
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic