Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Latest poll has Trump up 10 over Biden in South Carolina
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 574

Latest poll has Trump up 10 over Biden in South Carolina

May 29, 2020, 3:10 PM

which is no surprise. What is surprising is Lindsey is locked in a dead heat with Jaime Harrison in the same poll. I was wondering why Lindsey had gotten so quiet lately.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/south-carolina/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lindsey is quiet

May 29, 2020, 3:11 PM

because he probably has a phallus in his mouth.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lindsey is quiet

May 29, 2020, 3:15 PM

Duuude. Me thinks you may have hit the ole nail squarely on the head. Wonder if he ever comes out the closet.

Re: Latest poll has Trump up 10 over Biden in South Carolina

May 29, 2020, 3:16 PM

May 29, 2020, 3:20 PM

He will get my vote, time for a change in govt. and just electing incumbents is getting us the same old carp year after year.

May 29, 2020, 3:23 PM

May 29, 2020, 3:32 PM

Then one must not complain over the state of government currently in place. If Trump does not win whatever benefits Lindsey brings to SC vanish like a puff of smoke. He tied himself to Trump and it is gonna cost him at some point.

May 29, 2020, 3:35 PM

May 29, 2020, 3:45 PM

Then one must not complain over the state of government currently in place. If Trump does not win whatever benefits Lindsey brings to SC vanish like a puff of smoke. He tied himself to Trump and it is gonna cost him at some point.

Read the above closely and then tell where I said Trump will be why Graham loses, I said he tied himself to Trump and it will cost him if Trump loses. You really think ole closeted boy retains his sphere of influence in a DEM presidency, hence whatever benefits he brought to SC will go away. After 4 years of DJT there will be some private kneecappings in the Senate and House for those that stood out front to help DJT.

Lets get rid of Trump and Biden and have a do over

May 29, 2020, 3:47 PM

I can think of a few million people that would make better presidents than either of them.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Lets get rid of Trump and Biden and have a do over

May 29, 2020, 3:54 PM

It does stike me as yugely sad these are the best 2 clods in the USA to pick between.

Re: Lets get rid of Trump and Biden and have a do over

May 29, 2020, 3:57 PM [ in reply to Lets get rid of Trump and Biden and have a do over ]

May 29, 2020, 4:08 PM

I'm not crazy about Harrison either - he seems more than a little calculating and insincere, much like, well, Lindsey Graham - but if electing him will stop this endless regressive flood of Federalist derps the current GOP Senate is loading onto the bench, I'll cheerfully vote for the guy.

I don't mind conservative justices, I really don't. I actually prefer them to liberal activist judges. But these reactionary Federalists McConnell and crew are stuffing in are right-wing wonks bent on selling America to the highest bidder while at the same time abolishing sufferage, worker's rights, consumer protections, women's rights, and even the Emancipation Proclamation for good measure, and it's going to take decades getting rid of these yahoos...and I worry they've invalidated the neutrality of the judiciary beyond repair anyhow.

I'd still be deeply shocked if South Carolina rids itself of Graham at the end of the day regardless of whatever misgivings anybody may have of him. Moderates like myself despise him for seeing which way the wind was blowing and jumping to Team Trump instead of jettisoning him for unfitness early, as should have happened...whereas the Trumpies distrust him because they don't think he's sincere about his conversion, despite the fact that other than maybe Mitch McConnell Trump really hasn't had a bigger enabler in the Senate his first term in office. Go figure.

Still a big jump between that and seeing our reddest of red states vote in a Dem. Then again, Alabama did vote in Doug Jones (albeit temporarily), so anything can happen...but still. If the GOP loses a Senate seat in South Carolina I suspect they'll have a lot bigger problems than just that, and it's probably part of a much bigger national landslide.

May 29, 2020, 4:12 PM

May 29, 2020, 4:22 PM

Well, yeah. And even with all that Moore still came within a hairsbreadth of winning. Alabama is really red.

Graham's a long-time incumbent in a state every bit as red and while he's shedding both moderate and conservative votes for the aforementioned reasons, it's still hard to see him losing out when the dust settles.

It'd take some really weird bounces in the national landscape, I would think.

Still fascinating to see how close it looks at the moment.

Words are wonderful. Takes money to buy whiskey.

May 29, 2020, 4:36 PM

Would you want to put $1000 on whoever-that-is on beating Graham?

No, I didn't think so.

So what was your point?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 574
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic